• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What Most Schools Don't Teach

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;nKIu9yen5nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIu9yen5nc[/video]

Programming can teach you how to think critically. And America needs lots of programmers.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, debating. Not arguing :biggrin:

You are absolutely correct my fren. But as you can see, most of these opposition types are not interest in reason and debate, they are more interested into distortions and character assasinations. Propaganda so to speak.
And since they know they can never win in the arena of ideas, they will spam, heckle and infract like they do now.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oop

excellent video~!~!~! :p:p:p

The introduction of OOP or Object Oriented Programming is a good break from the old school of thought which was using structure programming.

When Bill Gates had seen the DNA structures and how it works, the first thing he thought was Intelligent Design (or ID).

In OOP, we are taught about creating a Parent Class that in turns creating a Child Class. This is to say that evolution may not exist at all, if the world was designed by something or whatever you want to call it. Have you seen a group of wildebeest running and they are somehow different in terms of looks and sizes. No, they are all of the same specie. You won't see a heterogeneous creatures in a single group.

1.jpg

All living things look similar does not mean there is a common source of living creature but a common source of design with a head connecting to a backbone that ends with a tail and supported by four limbs. This is a parent class. The child class is the specie. Members of the class can be switch ON and OFF according to God's design. Since a snake design do not have limbs, so the limbs are deactivated.

I believe the so-called JUNK DNAs ...

In OOP, this is "Inheritance".

poo-images-animaux.gif

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Oop

What a moron TS is.

Almost all the IT jobs in Sinkland have been sub to the FTs. And you still advocate them to do programming?

If any Sinkie were to follow your advice..they will end up having difficulty to put food on the table?

And can these daft Sinkie then go to your HDB flat to eat instead?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
How Many People Can Do That ?

What a moron TS is.

Almost all the IT jobs in Sinkland have been sub to the FTs. And you still advocate them to do programming?

If any Sinkie were to follow your advice..they will end up having difficulty to put food on the table?

And can these daft Sinkie then go to your HDB flat to eat instead?

Programming is good for critical thinking. Many who ended up in top university may not necessarily get the best job in the world.

Programming may not provide you with enough dough now does not mean you don't need that skill in the future. Don't be stupid. :wink:

People who have done programming are often higher in IQ.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: How Many People Can Do That ?

i will learn coding next year....

i did learn PHP , javascript but only the basic... will do more advance ones next year.. This year i am so busy...no time.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What a moron TS is.

You're thinking like an employee not an entrepreneur. In any field, if you're being paid to implement the ideas of others, you're never going to get anywhere. Write code for Bill Gates and he'll pay you $10 per hour.

However, if you learn coding in order to implement ideas of your own and you take these ideas to a global audience via the internet, you have the potential to become very, very rich. It doesn't have to be a complex suite of applications. All you need to code is a simple app that appeals to the masses.

Coding is one of the most lucrative skills because of the internet. Many skills are limited to within the range of a physical location. With coding, you have a potential marketplace of more than a billion people at your doorstep.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

here is my story:

when i was in university, i did a search engine on searching the whole department's lectures and tutorials. that was even before google exist, it was an indidvidual project, at that time there are only search engines such as hotbot and yahoo. i did this search engine cos i believe in the idea of knowledge mining. in our everchanging world, having most info at one fingertips will be a very big business but as i was in the EEE and other focus was on microelectronics, i lack the resources and support that i can get to make my search engine even bigger. if not, i probably be another larry page... :o

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's Right

You're thinking like an employee not an entrepreneur. In any field, if you're being paid to implement the ideas of others, you're never going to get anywhere. Write code for Bill Gates and he'll pay you $10 per hour.

However, if you learn coding in order to implement ideas of your own and you take these ideas to a global audience via the internet, you have the potential to become very, very rich. It doesn't have to be a complex suite of applications. All you need to code is a simple app that appeals to the masses.

Coding is one of the most lucrative skills because of the internet. Many skills are limited to within the range of a physical location. With coding, you have a potential marketplace of more than a billion people at your doorstep.

Sometimes, luck plays a part. Friendster loses to Facebook. The Facebook guy or CEO is now really rich. I heard he was also a dropout from Harvard U. Same goes for Steve Job of Apple ? Not everyone can do coding. But yet, it is not really that difficult too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: That's Right

Sometimes, luck plays a part. Friendster loses to Facebook. The Facebook guy or CEO is now really rich. I heard he was also a dropout from Harvard U. Same goes for Steve Job of Apple ? Not everyone can do coding. But yet, it is not really that difficult too.

The most successful end up billionaires. The less successful end up with only $2 million. It's still very good money.... far better than working for someone else.

My Italian friend does iPhone apps and he rakes in $10,000 a month.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: That's Right

You don't even need to know programming to earn money from it. Just hire a PRC and starts selling the app online and rake in millions after that.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Always Like YouTube

You don't even need to know programming to earn money from it. Just hire a PRC and starts selling the app online and rake in millions after that.

You are right in some way. I think the initial idea is more important than coding itself. There's no point coding and coding but no one wants to use it.

I have always prefer YouTube to Facebook. The guys that worked for a famous IT firm went to create YouTube when one had problem sharing video clips with one another.