• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the best electric kick scooter available in Singapore ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can look here http://list.qoo10.sg/s/ELECTRIC-BICYCLE?keyword=electric+bicycle&keyword_auto_change=#none

Search for electric scooters, electric bicylces,...Many of these products are sold by domestic distributors. Would recommend getting an old fashion bicycle so that you get some exercise.:smile:

These motorized devices use a battery & you will never know how long before they break down or how long a charge will last.

I have a bicycle, and I'm exercise regularly. The electric kick scooter is for a different purpose. There are times when you want to go further than you usually do for a more satisfying meal, or drop by a bigger mall which is about a kilometre to two from your place. And most importantly, you don't want to sweat because you are in a different attire.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a bicycle, and I'm exercise regularly. The electric kick scooter is for a different purpose. There are times when you want to go further than you usually do for a more satisfying meal, or drop by a bigger mall which is about a kilometre to two from your place. And most importantly, you don't want to sweat because you are in a different attire.

Exactly, scooter only good for 1 km or 2, but I think it is still cumbersome to have to wheel it around in the mall, as in most designs there is no real secure way to lock it. I still use a good old fashioned bicycle for nearby places, if don't want to sweat, cycle to MRT and take the train. Electric scooters are known as "first and last mile" transport only. Electric bicycle maybe good for 5km or so but what the heck, I drive 99% of the time.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal
2015-01-25-12-43-no-motorised-vehicles.jpg

Where's this place? East Coast Park?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a bicycle, and I'm exercise regularly. There are times when you want to go further than you usually do for a more satisfying meal, or drop by a bigger mall which is about a kilometre to two from your place.

Heck! I cycle 25 km everyday and you talk about a km or two

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Faster and gets you more places, the electric scooter is a toy for travel of 2 to 3 km only.

No!! Some electrical scooter especially those expensive model can go up to 50km in speed. Last time my electric bicycle can go up to 100km

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You try using for 30km in real life then talk, these specs on mileage are as accurate and exaggerated as battery life on mobile phones. These scooters so heavy you might as well get electric bicycle, at least can pedal home if you run out of electricity.

Electric scooter can modify!! They are not using normal battery!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Exactly, scooter only good for 1 km or 2, but I think it is still cumbersome to have to wheel it around in the mall, as in most designs there is no real secure way to lock it. I still use a good old fashioned bicycle for nearby places, if don't want to sweat, cycle to MRT and take the train. Electric scooters are known as "first and last mile" transport only. Electric bicycle maybe good for 5km or so but what the heck, I drive 99% of the time.

Many expensive model of electric scooter can be fold and weight 30kg and below. Can put inside your car, or carry into Mrt.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many expensive model of electric scooter can be fold and weight 30kg and below. Can put inside your car, or carry into Mrt.

Aya right now Zoom is one of the lightest and compact model lah, still cumbersome to drag around the mall like an idiot.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then you are breaking the law as LTA only approve models with certain power motor.

Who care about breaking the rules? There's so many rules in singapore are you going to follow each and every single of them?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different pricing different quality. Some bicycle can also cost 10k and above.

Yes my bicycle costs more than $10k, the Italian made stainless steel frame alone made to measure was USD4,500.00, most of the bikes zipping at Changi Coast roads cost around there too, so are you living under a rock?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who care about breaking the rules? There's so many rules in singapore are you going to follow each and every single of them?

Then if you are riding something illegal, rocket powered bicycles can go above 100kmh, what is the point of this discussion?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All current scooters and bicycles using them, so what modifying are you talking about? Unless you riding old clunker with lead acid battery.

You can add on extra battery and modify the mother board to incReaser the horsepower and change the wheels and handle bars for stability idiot

Last edited: