• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What Is Singapore Culture? (Serious discussion, no TCSS please)

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Singaporeans do generally live harmoniously with each other and show some basic mutual respect and tolerance towards each other regardless of race, language or religion.

B

Baluku

No balls! That is our culture too!

Horny call chickens!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Baluku

I think Singaporeans do generally live harmoniously with each other and show some basic mutual respect and tolerance towards each other regardless of race, language or religion.

Are you saying makapa is FT?

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what is everyone's opinions now that within our midst there lived amongst us so many FT's and their families?

I know for sure, we are not able to cook curry everyday as some of them will object. There is a problem with communication between the India Indians vs local Indians, PRC's vs local Chinese, and the Malays are feeling the pressure and keeping everyone at arm's length.

Geylang and Little India are no longer populated by locals and Pinoys are now everywhere, in our schools, making tele-calls to our homes and celebrating most weekends either a birthday or some other occasion. India Indians are ogling the women at beaches and getting in our way in all recreation areas, and Thais drinking and gambling along five foot ways everywhere near Golden Mile. Capitol Building are full of Myanmarese, and likewise Lucky Plaza and Katong Shopping Centre with Pinoys. I cannot recall the name of the building opposite to Lion City Hotel but that place is the enclave of the Indonesians. They are also spilling to other places and soon Singaporeans will be the minority.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
erection2011;1058585. They mostly dont let their spoilt kids treat restaurants as if it was their own private playground. [/QUOTE said:
Sadly, i'm already seeing many Sinkie parents letting their kids loose at public eating places. sinkie kids are too pampered nowadays. no discipline.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the objective of this thread, me believe:p

If, at the conclusion of this thread, we can't find any positive examples of Singapore culture, should we then agree that it would be a mistake to expect foreigners to adopt Singapore culture. Instead, we should be hoping that they IMPROVE the culture.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
city plaza? ....:wink:

I cannot recall the name of the building opposite to Lion City Hotel but that place is the enclave of the Indonesians. They are also spilling to other places and soon Singaporeans will be the minority.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh, there's no culture in SG, every man for himself, char bor try ways to get more $$$, men try ways to get more pussy.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes i agree.....loss of dialect=loss of culture=loss of some richness in our own lives. That is a sad aspect of our culture that we lost somewhere along

the way.

Haha... quite true.... but we lost our heritage, our own dialect culture.. I think liao damn sianz....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really disappointed with you guys. Singapore has a distinct culture, very rich in many ways. Food, the way we speak, our festivals, our religions, our NS experience, our political landscape, our SPGs, etc these are treasures.

Everyone complains which is not a surprise. The fear however os losing all this and becoming subservient to foreigners. We cannot afford to be like Monaco. If we manage to retain a distinct Singapore culture, we retain our dignity.

Look at the way we behave in buses and trains as an example. Then compare how the FTs behave. The way they sit, scratch themselves, urinate in a moving train, pluck nose hair, messy armpits etc.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who says Singaporeans want FTs to fit into our Singapore culture? All Singaporeans want is for FTs not to carry out their dirty, callous and inconsiderate habits in public.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am surprise that all these year of cultural integration between the different races, there is never a united event that Singaporeans can proudly call their own. When I was in Aussie, 2 events left a very significant impression on me. First, being Mardi Gras. I did not knew about the event prior to it but happened to be at Hyde Park on that afternoon. I joined the parade. It was fun. The second event was Melbourne Cup. That was the day everyone stop work at 3pm to catch the race and ladies will be wearing all sort of funny feather hats. After the race, the Aussies would drink their night away.
Unfortunately, in Singapore, we do not have an identity nor a culture that really represented us.