• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happens now that Charles is king

jw5

Loyal
1662906177833.png

What kind of king will rule Britain?​

With the Queen's passing on September 8, Prince Charles automatically became king, even though his official coronation will likely take several months to arrange. This, of course, raises a lot of questions. What kind of king will he be? What will change? What will the British monarchy look like now?

jw5

Loyal
1662906216331.png

King Charles III​

King Charles decided to keep his name, as his mother did when she became Queen. This is not common in the British royal family. Queen Victoria’s first name, for instance, was Alexandrina. He is now King Charles III.

jw5

Loyal
1662906243476.png

Charles may change one of his titles​

The Queen's title was “Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.” Charles might change one of the words now that he is king.

jw5

Loyal
1662906269280.png

It has been speculated that the word “Faith” might be changed to “Faiths,” or “Defender of the Faith” might become “Defender of Faith.”

jw5

Loyal
1662906336269.png

When questioned about it in an interview with the BBC in 2015, Charles said: “I would rather be seen as ‘Defender of Faith,’ all those years ago, because, as I tried to describe, I mind about the inclusion of other people’s faiths and their freedom to worship in this country. And it’s always seemed to me that, while at the same time being Defender of The Faith, you can also be protector of faiths.”

jw5

Loyal
1662906365343.png

His coronation might be different​

During the coronation ceremony, the king will take an oath to maintain the Church of England, and will be “anointed, blessed and consecrated by the Archbishop.”

jw5

Loyal
1662906387209.png

His coronation might be different​

For his coronation, King Charles might also invite leaders of other religions “to be seated prominently” and give readings, according to UCL’s Constitution Unit.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first two King Charles in England's history met with an unhappy end. Maybe this time will be no different. :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 160091

What kind of king will rule Britain?​

With the Queen's passing on September 8, Prince Charles automatically became king, even though his official coronation will likely take several months to arrange. This, of course, raises a lot of questions. What kind of king will he be? What will change? What will the British monarchy look like now?
OFK title..

jw5

Loyal
1662987675076.png

Camilla is Queen Consort​

Now, the former Duchess of Cornwall will be called Queen Consort.

jw5

Loyal
1662987702578.png

He will share the spotlight with his son​

Now that Charles is king, William becomes Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales. The new heir to the throne will be under even more scrutiny.

jw5

Loyal
1662987728093.png

Charles will likely be a more outspoken monarch​

Unlike Queen Elizabeth II, who was a reserved monarch and avoided expressing strong opinions about many topics, Charles is known to be quite the opposite.

jw5

Loyal
1662989435046.png

Charles will likely be a more outspoken monarch​

Although Charles is known to have strong opinions about a myriad of topics, namely social and environmental issues, things might change slightly now that he is king.

jw5

Loyal
1662989493836.png

He might be more moderate now​

“The idea somehow that I’m going to go on in exactly the same way, if I have to succeed, is complete nonsense. I do realize that it is a separate exercise being sovereign,” he has said.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
From The house of tudor i believe. During the war of the roses, house of lancaster snd york fought till oblivion.

jw5

Loyal
1662990947918.png

He may trim down the monarchy​

It is likely that fewer members of the family will undertake public duties now that Charles is king. He seems to favor more involvement of his direct family, rather than having more people on the payroll.

jw5

Loyal
1662992459001.png

And that doesn't include his brother​

Given the recent scandals involving Prince Andrew, it is unlikely that he will take an active role in the streamlined monarchy Charles is likely to adopt.