• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is still a British Colony?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

British coins to honour King Charles’ coronation available for advance order in Singapore​

svpounds240423_2.jpg

The coins commemorate the coronation of King Charles on May 6, said Singapore Mint, which is selling the coins.

PHOTO: SINGAPORE MINT
wong_shiying.png

Wong Shiying
UPDATED

24 APR 2023, 8:47 PM SGT

SINGAPORE – British coins featuring the first official crowned portrait of King Charles are available for advance order in Singapore from Monday.
The Singapore Mint, which is selling the coins, said in a statement on Monday that the coins commemorate the upcoming coronation of King Charles on May 6.
The coins come in three designs on its reverse side, featuring the Royal Arms, Coronation Regalia and Westminster Abbey, while the obverse side bears the portrait of King Charles.

The collection has a range of denominations, including Britain’s 50 pence coin and £5 coin, as well as a limited number of fine gold and silver coins in a variety of sizes.
Members of the public can make an advance order for the coins on The Singapore Mint’s website (http://www.singaporemint.com/).
P467_2.jpg

The coins come in three designs on its reverse side, featuring the Royal Arms, Coronation Regalia and Westminster Abbey, while the obverse side bears the portrait of King Charles. PHOTO: SINGAPORE MINT
The Royal Mint said in a statement on Monday that the King had personally selected the Tudor Crown for the portrait.

“Although the Tudor Crown was destroyed in the 1640s, it is still used heraldically (in relation to coats of arms) and has been used on previous crowned portraits of kings from the 20th century,” it added.

The designer of the coins, Ms Natasha Jenkins, said she was inspired to feature Westminster Abbey as it is where British coronations have taken place since 1066.
P471_2.jpg

The reverse design featuring the exterior of Westminster Abbey, where British coronations have taken place since 1066. PHOTO: SINGAPORE MINT
Ms Jenkins, whose designs have been selected for use on a British coin for the third time, said: “I chose to opt for a stylised line drawing of Westminster Abbey that is instantly recognisable with Britain, along with King Charles’ cypher and crown to mark him being crowned as King.”
“In future, I will be able to look back and show my children this coin that I designed for the coronation and feel proud.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still part of the Commonwealth, no?

Anyway, the reign of Big Ears Charlie won't last too long. :cool:

EW20_Commonwealth_station_Exit_20200805_202645.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
A full time unemployed king, never work a day in his life... what glory to see him crown as king....

A king go to war and killed people.. this jiakleowbee do nothing but stay unemployed.

Should put George Bush Junior as King... he kill Iraqi people in millions...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

British coins to honour King Charles’ coronation available for advance order in Singapore​

svpounds240423_2.jpg

The coins commemorate the coronation of King Charles on May 6, said Singapore Mint, which is selling the coins.

wong_shiying.png

Wong Shiying
UPDATED

SINGAPORE – British coins featuring the first official crowned portrait of King Charles are available for advance order in Singapore from Monday.
The Singapore Mint, which is selling the coins, said in a statement on Monday that the coins commemorate the upcoming coronation of King Charles on May 6.
The coins come in three designs on its reverse side, featuring the Royal Arms, Coronation Regalia and Westminster Abbey, while the obverse side bears the portrait of King Charles.

The collection has a range of denominations, including Britain’s 50 pence coin and £5 coin, as well as a limited number of fine gold and silver coins in a variety of sizes.
Members of the public can make an advance order for the coins on The Singapore Mint’s website (http://www.singaporemint.com/).
P467_2.jpg

The coins come in three designs on its reverse side, featuring the Royal Arms, Coronation Regalia and Westminster Abbey, while the obverse side bears the portrait of King Charles. PHOTO: SINGAPORE MINT
The Royal Mint said in a statement on Monday that the King had personally selected the Tudor Crown for the portrait.

“Although the Tudor Crown was destroyed in the 1640s, it is still used heraldically (in relation to coats of arms) and has been used on previous crowned portraits of kings from the 20th century,” it added.

The designer of the coins, Ms Natasha Jenkins, said she was inspired to feature Westminster Abbey as it is where British coronations have taken place since 1066.
P471_2.jpg

The reverse design featuring the exterior of Westminster Abbey, where British coronations have taken place since 1066. PHOTO: SINGAPORE MINT
Ms Jenkins, whose designs have been selected for use on a British coin for the third time, said: “I chose to opt for a stylised line drawing of Westminster Abbey that is instantly recognisable with Britain, along with King Charles’ cypher and crown to mark him being crowned as King.”
“In future, I will be able to look back and show my children this coin that I designed for the coronation and feel proud.”
An old man face. No wonder showed only half of his face.... embarrassing to put an old man face...

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perth Mint still minting Queen E 2023 coins. Worth looking at least since it is the last batch.

Earlier, china tried to ruin perth mint's reputation by arguing 99.9 and 99.99% purity issue.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perth Mint still minting Queen E 2023 coins. Worth looking at least since it is the last batch.

Earlier, china tried to ruin perth mint's reputation by arguing 99.9 and 99.99% purity issue.
Do u know how many QE2 coins have been minted? I think supply will outpace demand for decades..but if Charlie has a short reign
.. His coins will b worth more

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

svpounds240423_2.jpg

wong_shiying.png

Wong Shiying
UPDATED

P467_2.jpg

P471_2.jpg

Dammit, all the gold coins sold out! Was hoping to invest in some 1kg gold coins.

https://www.singaporemint.com/shop/...irst-official-effigy-of-king-charles-iii.html

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems leaders from countries that were once British colonies must attend. If not then we cannot use the metric system and cannot drive on the right side anymore....