• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happen to Lee Hsien Yang?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in 46SAR when he was CO.
He was welfare all the way and very friendly to everyone unlike his stuck up bro....he probably couldn't care less.

He is also on the board of republic poly....wonder what benefits he has for holding that post.

"me siam mai hum"...was 2Lt when he was in the Artillery way, way back then....COL.Gill 'shake' in his pants, he salutes Col Gill.... ha ha ha

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be more.That fat NTUC guy PAP MP Yeo Guat Kwang has Board and Adviser appointments for more than 20 organisations.He just loved to pad his resume to impress and increase his profile .

Just wondering .... what would happen to all these pappies like him after WP or other oppo parties toppled the pappy Govt? Would they still stay around to sink or swim with this country or run road?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering .... what would happen to all these pappies like him after WP or other oppo parties toppled the pappy Govt? Would they still stay around to sink or swim with this country or run road?

Most of em have already set up home overseas only waiting to move when their
PAP ship sinks.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder how many million of dollars did they inherited from the dead Gecko?

pic117.jpg

Still more bonkable compared to her sister-in-law. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me attempt to re-construct the time line: enlist for NS on Dec 26, 1975, then on SAFOS (and he was also a President's Scholar) to UK in 1976, say graduate in 1980, returned to SAF as LTA, promoted to CPT in 1981, promoted to MAJ in 1983. Based on the other prior messages, it is logical and reasonable that he would have been a MAJ when he was the CO at 46 SAR.

Was 46 SAR a tank battalion or AI battalion?

Does any one recall whether or not LHY attended any overseas Armour Officers Course?

Did he attend SCSC in Singapore or a Command and Staff College overseas?

46sar WAS an AI battalion. i think lhy was CO ard 83/84, i remember seeing his name at the 46sar roll of honor. His term at 46sar not very long, ard 1yr plus at most. I heard from old bird WOs that his main purpose in 46sar was to be the mobile column commander for the 84 ndp. It was claimed that 46sar was form because of him as of 1979, there no 46sar. It was a BRC that expand into 46sar, that another reason why 46sar was the recce battalion aka first to die cannon fodder. heard these stories from old bird WOs trainers, who were csm during active days, during reservist at ATC.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I know of old buddies who are friends with LHY, and went to "play" at his parents' house at Oxley Road when they were at NJC. Those fellas went to the "Scholars Platoon" in Charlie Company, 3 SMC, OCS, SAFTI.

Let me attempt to re-construct the time line: enlist for NS on Dec 26, 1975, then on SAFOS (and he was also a President's Scholar) to UK in 1976, say graduate in 1980, returned to SAF as LTA, promoted to CPT in 1981, promoted to MAJ in 1983. Based on the other prior messages, it is logical and reasonable that he would have been a MAJ when he was the CO at 46 SAR.

Was 46 SAR a tank battalion or AI battalion?

Does any one recall whether or not LHY attended any overseas Armour Officers Course?

Did he attend SCSC in Singapore or a Command and Staff College overseas?

He graduated from cambridge in 1979, not 1980. 46 SAR was an AI not a tank battalion. Hsien Yang was a tankee, not those M113 officers. And he did not attend any overseas armour courses, as far as I know. he barely attended TOCC in SOA. Hahahaha. There are some legendary stories about his time there. In those days, overseas armour courses were siong like hell. And usually send to West germany, India, or Israel. They will not risk him over there.

I believe he did attend SCSC because he took over 2 SIB later on after he left the armour formation. So, I think that is one of the requirements that he has to attend the SCSC. Hope that answers your questions.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
46sar WAS an AI battalion. i think lhy was CO ard 83/84, i remember seeing his name at the 46sar roll of honor. His term at 46sar not very long, ard 1yr plus at most. I heard from old bird WOs that his main purpose in 46sar was to be the mobile column commander for the 84 ndp. It was claimed that 46sar was form because of him as of 1979, there no 46sar. It was a BRC that expand into 46sar, that another reason why 46sar was the recce battalion aka first to die cannon fodder. heard these stories from old bird WOs trainers, who were csm during active days, during reservist at ATC.

Hsien Yang was still in 46 in 1985. 46 not the first to die lah. that unit is really recce in force with organic armour unit with AMX-13. Plus all sorts of crew based weapons in the support company. The first cannon fodders will always be whatever standby unit for that week. LOL. Also, did you know they reno the Officer mess at 46 just for him before he came? That mess is the nicest in the whole SAF.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, it is a mystery too ... ah neh judges, Ministers, bankers, etc and now LHL says SG belongs to Indian PRs and visitors.

Nothing mysterious about that. The Lees were an aberration in the Singapore chinese community. Imagine chinese that cannot speak or write chinese. And have some mat blood in them too from their baba side. All grew up speaking malay/bahasa. Would the chinese community trust these type of people? And that leaves the Malays and Indians. Goes without saying the malays don't trust any chinese regardless of whether they speak malay or not. That leaves the apunehs. The apunehs are in the same boat as them, out numbered by chinese and not trusted by both chinese and malays.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

They would run like hell with all their money. Once the WP calls in the auditors and find out how much have been lost and stolen, the whole of changi prison will be full of their lackeys and relatives.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hsien Yang was still in 46 in 1985. 46 not the first to die lah. that unit is really recce in force with organic armour unit with AMX-13. Plus all sorts of crew based weapons in the support company. The first cannon fodders will always be whatever standby unit for that week. LOL. Also, did you know they reno the Officer mess at 46 just for him before he came? That mess is the nicest in the whole SAF.

paiseh lor... rifleman only so never been to officer country. 46 got officer mess meh? where in hq block? i only saw spec mess on the left wing of hq block under support coyline. On the right wing, there another mess like setup but inside got nothing left. only one ah pek sell coffee/tea for take away only. the back face the SOC ground in gedong. I think by 90s officers all go brigade HQ mess liao, even officers from 42 and 46 bunks at brigade block during my NS days.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... His wife on the other hand was an intolerable spoilt bitch, I don't know what he saw in her. .....

It was probably an arranged marriage. As a playboy it must have been difficult to marry a plain looking girl.

The Lim Chong Yah family must be socially connected?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
paiseh lor... rifleman only so never been to officer country. 46 got officer mess meh? where in hq block? i only saw spec mess on the left wing of hq block under support coyline. On the right wing, there another mess like setup but inside got nothing left. only one ah pek sell coffee/tea for take away only. the back face the SOC ground in gedong. I think by 90s officers all go brigade HQ mess liao, even officers from 42 and 46 bunks at brigade block during my NS days.

Are u sure or not? in those days. Brigade ( i assume u talking about 4 SAB) was at Keat Hong camp 2 with Col colin Thesiera as CO mah. where got at sungei gedong? 46 officer mess next to the canteen. where you will find the only malay ever allowed in an armour camp. LOL. She is a macik that sells the best curry puff i ever had. nice fat plump and juicy, with lots of chicken meat. shiok like hell. I used to disrupt exercise to sneak in and buy some before she leaves for the day. in 90s, than that is different. by than, LHY out of armour and out of SAF already lah. I think you are quite a few years after LHY's time in 46. Some 46 staff from those days still recognize me today, but I can't remember them all by now. LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It was probably an arranged marriage. As a playboy it must have been difficult to marry a plain looking girl.

The Lim Chong Yah family must be socially connected?

Actually, i have to admit back than, she was quite pretty. Today, really look like aunty. I really don't know what was the big deal with Lim Chong Yah. He was not even chief economist. as far as i know he was an academic, and in those says, all economic directions coming from Albert Winsemius, the Dutch economist.