• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What happen to jcube and bigbox now

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
JEM and Westgate killed Jcube. Such a small area, how to support four malls? It's not Orchard Road.

Perennial Business City sounds... like an ok idea in the medium to long term, depends on how much the Jurong CBD can be built up in the next 5 to 10 years, with or without HSR.
Chennai bizness park for ceca, this one for PRC izit? :o-o:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The recently released J'den condo will be built on Jcube's land right?

So now we have J'den, Kensington, Leedon, and MayfairDen (home of gin). Lol. :roflmao:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The recently released J'den condo will be built on Jcube's land right?

So now we have J'den, Kensington, Leedon, and MayfairDen (home of gin). Lol. :roflmao:

I passed by Mayfair condo the other day, the front of the condo has a nice fountain spraying water over 'The Mayfair'.

ZPPHO.96887149.R800X800.jpg

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sony just moved in a year, invested a lot for renovation and latest IT system but they announce the retrenchment of the whole IT team in Singapore, from lowest ranked to highest. Unlike Lazada, they offered very good severance package but everyone must go.
Chinese-owned, Nasdaq-listed software powerhouse Avepoint is a similar story, they just expanded in the One-North (west singapore) last year with $100m investment. Now also downsizing and some departments laying off people to shift jobs out of Singapore..

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am familiar with the ongoings in the western part of Sinkieland.

JCube will be demolished to build another 'mixed development' nonsense on its site. The ice skating rink, Tiong Scarlett mart and Daiso will be missed. I am old enough to fondly remember the Jurong Entertainment Centre (JEC) that was on the spot JCube is standing on now.

Big Box is no more, it has been sold and renovated to become Perennial Business City, a place to rent rooms for conferences and events. There's a nice area on the ground floor where you can sit on the benches and relax. Big Box could never compete with its retail competitors of the Capitalmalls cartel nearby (JCube, Westgate, IMM) or the JEM mall next to it.
Big box is a weird concept on paper, a logistics hub in the west accessible to the public by MRT. Supposed to be kind of what IMM was in the early days when wholesalers and retailers mingle. Would also be perfect for IKEA.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big box is a weird concept on paper, a logistics hub in the west accessible to the public by MRT. Supposed to be kind of what IMM was in the early days when wholesalers and retailers mingle. Would also be perfect for IKEA.

It's an okay concept, except that it was mismanaged. It felt like one of the obscure suburb malls in JB.

Anyway, it couldn't compete with the Capitalmalls cartel nearby, or JEM (Lendlease) next door.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Layoff workers while gst increases. Run a country until like that.
Singapore is quite broke now, we are paying more interests for debts (one of the highest per capita in the world) and fat cats in civil and uniformed service

Many departments are like retirement villages and many clock over $100K or more a year. These people always propose to increase headcounts to lessen their workload. They also need to raise GST for healthcare and infrastructures to support foreign-talents in Singapore.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done taxpayer money wasting 4G minister. Run a country until broke.
you think they care? They used to tell you that their pay was not enough. But in all honesty, most of us never wanted to hire salary-driven politicians or retired army people in our government.

Lazada's retrenchment had publicity so MOM intervene. Many others swept under carpet.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tsunami of tech-job loss in Singapore now - Universities, polytechnics, ITEs lecturing positions received record applications.
Our monetary policy is ruining wage-growth for middle-income tech professionals.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
HR Industry - More foreign companies announced retrenchment (last working day in Feb/Mar/Apr) after Christmas Holidays. About 1000 white collar professionals projected to be retrenched in Singapore in the months ahead because high-paying jobs are leaving Singapore.

I think our country is going in the wrong direction, we are paying blue-collar jobs and civil service very well now but losing white collar jobs in private sector due to soaring business costs and strong SGD. Life is not easy for the people now; many livelihood issues such as inflation, high property prices, transport, cost of raising kids, etc.

Look at this article in denial, people changed job in 40s and 50s because foreigners replaced them, not because of passion. Understand?
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/women/midlife-career-switch-advice-4042776

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
HR Industry - More foreign companies announced retrenchment (last working day in Feb/Mar/Apr) after Christmas Holidays. About 1000 white collar professionals projected to be retrenched in Singapore in the months ahead because high-paying jobs are leaving Singapore.

I think our country is going in the wrong direction, we are paying blue-collar jobs and civil service very well now but losing white collar jobs in private sector due to soaring business costs and strong SGD. Life is not easy for the people now; many livelihood issues such as inflation, high property prices, transport, cost of raising kids, etc.

Look at this article in denial, people changed job in 40s and 50s because foreigners replaced them, not because of passion. Understand?
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/women/midlife-career-switch-advice-4042776
this is a consequence of voting for PAP in power in every GE. sinkies deserve it.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worse for our youths, car and home ownership is a far-fetched idea for the average dudes. They wun even dare to marry or have kids. Many gals only wish to marry richer guys, ended up left of the shelves.

A lot of life-goals are out-of-reach for many youths now, while our government continues to self-praise how well they managed this country.

The Singapore Dream is now a myth.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even our education system is skewed against the poors. Many important exam things are not taught in schools, u need to go expensive enrichment classes. hahaha you must be dreaming if you think your kid will do well in PSLE without any enrichment class.

I always feel that MOE colludes with the enrichment centres to create this billion dollar industry in our neighbourhoods and shopping malls.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singkie Parents themselves are spoilt and they don't discipline their kids. Not just singkies but a lot of parents don't do that.

My kids don't have tuition except for Chinese language and little English writing classes. No maths , no science tuition. Turn out to be a gem.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Worse for our youths, car and home ownership is a far-fetched idea for the average dudes. They wun even dare to marry or have kids. Many gals only wish to marry richer guys, ended up left of the shelves.

A lot of life-goals are out-of-reach for many youths now, while our government continues to self-praise how well they managed this country.

The Singapore Dream is now a myth.
but y'all boomers have it good. i won't say i am struggling though i am in contract job plus some sideline income. but how long can i live like that. i don't know too.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singkie Parents themselves are spoilt and they don't discipline their kids. Not just singkies but a lot of parents don't do that.

My kids don't have tuition except for Chinese language and little English writing classes. No maths , no science tuition. Turn out to be a gem.

You are still sucked into the bullshit MOE system, whether you like it or not. My condolences.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even our education system is skewed against the poors. Many important exam things are not taught in schools, u need to go expensive enrichment classes. hahaha you must be dreaming if you think your kid will do well in PSLE without any enrichment class.

I always feel that MOE colludes with the enrichment centres to create this billion dollar industry in our neighbourhoods and shopping malls.

I think you need to pay money to MOE to get the 'Approved by MOE' status for a tuition centre, no? Just another way for the jiakliaobees to collect money. See also: MUIS halal certification, CASETrust, Approved by HSA.