• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of Japan's militarization plans?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was the gangrenous rot I mentioned that the Chinese leadership had yet to arrest. If China was to get their act together I would recommend that they do 2 simple things. Get their tax system and the strict enforcement of those taxes in order and secondly, for them to get appointed a truly elite anti corruption unit to investigate and prosecute all instances of corruption. If they dont and allow for their culture of corruption to sink deep roots in and strangle their country then america will still be the dominant force for many years to come.

If you want to talk about high taxes the US and france for eg have very high taxes. Tina turner wants to migrate to switzerland and you should know about the french actor gerard who became a russian citizen to avoid 80% tax.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are wrong. Jackie was born in Hongkong and started life as a British HongKong subject. His parents arrived from Shangdong which is not much different from many people in Hongkong whose parents fled China after the communists took over.

My bad , thanks for correcting . I always thought he was born in china .

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The malays peoples have nothing against the nipponese.
They are mostly well mannered and cultured. and during WWII, malays were not badly treated like the chinese.
some malays were sent for training and education in japan during WWII. and japan was said to promise independence just before they were bombed and nuked to smitherins. So japan surrendered just before the independence can be given.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, right... I agree that it will not be a China-dominated unipolar world for a while, since even dying superpowers take a while to die out. Look at UK, superpower from centuries ago, still going quite strong. But "China does not harbor such ambition" you got to be kidding me!!! They have already started their economic war against the US since 5 years ago, whether or not they engineered the 2008 crash or just jumped on the opportunity to screw US I do not know, but the first shot has been fired!!!

Look at this you claim you don't know if they engineered the 2008 crash or not. All you know is to look at one side the first shot has been fired! They have started the economic war againt US! All the while ignoring if the US is the one that started the war and engaged in the war. Suffice to say it's perfectly fine for the US to engage in wars with other countries and if other countries retaliate they are the bad guys. :rolleyes: How about we do this. In future someone physically attacks you or you are already in a fight with someone. You are fighting with that someone to defend yourself but ppl simply ignore the other person that is fighting with you and call you the bad guy and even though you are defending yourself fighting him you are still the bad guy attacking him. How about that?

Please... I have interacted with Americans and China Chinese, and I can tell you that China people are bunch of racist, xenophobic pricks who believe they are racially and culturally superior to everyone out there. More so, if you are of yellow skin and do not worship their corrupt chinese culture. And yes, I am a Singaporean Chinese, so this is not some minority racist rant. On the other hand, American society is inherently multi-racial and multi-cultural, and they are very open and not racists. Yes, they may be white-dominated, and yes there are rednecks in some regions in the US, but on the whole the educated US population is much better to deal with that China Chinese population.

This is the part that i really need to hand it to you cos it reeks of so much generalizing and assumptions. Pray tell how many americans and china chinese have you interacted with? 1.3 billion and 350 million americans? :rolleyes: Suffice to say you interacted with a few americans and a few china chinese and came to that conclusion. You remind me of some sinkies that love to positively stereotype minorities and then negatively stereotype their own race or the chinese like this. I have one malay or indian friend and he's a nice person therefore all malays and indians are nice people. :rolleyes: It's the opposite for chinese ppl. I meet 1 nasty chinese person = all chinese are nasty people. It's also a fact that american society is multi racial but china's isn't. Of course a china chinese would be more ethnocentric. This is true for most countries and mind you most countries would more or less contain ppl from 1 ethnic group and they would probably be xenophobic. Are the japs racist and xenophobhic? After all they don't allow non japs in some establishments in japan? I am sure to you that's perfectly fine but not to china if they do that. I highlighted the part you mentioned about the US being white dominated and there are rednecks in some regions of the US but that's acceptable. :rolleyes: You're trying to base your own miniscule experience you had with china chinese and some americans to make super huge generalizations and then somehow excuse the US for it being white dominated cos somehow they are still an open society. Of course everyone understands full well if a country is chinese dominated it must be the most racist country in the world but if a country is white dominated that's perfectly fine.

In the short term, i.e. with our life time, China's ambition will be to capture the entire Asia continent. Conquering US military is out of the question, which is why they have begun their economic warfare against the US, which I believe is to wear them down over the next century or so, and maybe engineer an event to screw them real bad when they are down on their feet (i.e. what US did to Russia in the Cold War by manipulating oil prices). Unlike Anglo-Saxon way of spreading out their influence (invading and conquering), China will most likely do it in a more subtle manner (through economic strongarm tactics and other "diplomatic" options). This is evident from their energy deals with the middle eastern countries, and call to wean off nations from the USD. Call it whatever you want, but it is just as bad. Also, they have been building up their military, and focusing on anti-US technologies (i.e. anti-carrier cruise missiles). You think they do that for fun? They want to establish a hegemony in the Asia region. If they have it their way, all of Asia will be under their influence, and you Sinkies will be worshiping Mao Zedong and speaking chinese as your main language. Oh wait... the latter has already happened in Sinkapore. Therefore, we need containment. And the only power strong enough to contain China is India and Japan.

Wow! I didn't know you know the chinese leaders personally and they actually shared their country's ambitions with you. :rolleyes: How did you come to that conclusion that china wants to capture the entire asia continent? By talking with those racist and xenophobic china ppl you know. One of them probably mentioned it would be good if the entire asian continent is under china in passing and you thought OH shit! that's china's ambition. I have spoken with an american and he mentioned it would be good if countries like the middle east adopted american democracy and i came to the conclusion that the US wants to take over the world. Opps that is true isn;t it but it's perfectly fine for the US to do it.

You mention the white nations spread their influence by invading and conquering but somehow don't even take offence to that but then write in horror about china trying to wean countries off the USD. FYI the US is the one holding countries hostage if they refuse to use the US petrodollar they get invaded. China is helping countries by taking them off being held hostage. What you are trying to say here is that it's perfectly fine for the US to hold countries hostage to the USD but not ok for china to take them off am i right? Perfectly fine for the US to attack and disrupt countries and undermine them but wrong for countries to defend themselves against such aggression. :rolleyes: Of course china is building up their military in case they get attacked.

So it's perfectly fine for the US to attack china correct? Don't talk about containment and BS la bodoh. All countries want to spread influence. If india had their way you would be speaking keling and if japan won ww2 you most likely would be speaking jap and born from a chinese whore mum raped by a jap man. Then again i am sure that's fine to you as long as it isn't china. :rolleyes:

China is making a concerted, coordinated, but subtle and long-term effort to undermine US from all angles to effectively neutralize them (without conquest - because they know they can't match US military might), and they must be stopped!!! If there is no US to counterbalance them, the future will be very bleak indeed

And the US is doing the same to china but that's perfectly fine and china doesn't have the right to defend herself against such aggression.

That's why in future if you get physically attacked by someone bigger and stronger and you try to defend yourself how would you feel like if ppl blame you for defending yourself and worse say you're trying to undermine the other party even though he was the one that attacked you first and you were defending yourself?

stoker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with that. They have to come out with such measures to counterbalance the rise of the potential superpower - China.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng realized many jepun supporters here. forgot how they tortured us or never heard of it before? :rolleyes:

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this you claim you don't know if they engineered the 2008 crash or not. All you know is to look at one side the first shot has been fired! They have started the economic war againt US! All the while ignoring if the US is the one that started the war and engaged in the war. Suffice to say it's perfectly fine for the US to engage in wars with other countries and if other countries retaliate they are the bad guys. :rolleyes: How about we do this. In future someone physically attacks you or you are already in a fight with someone. You are fighting with that someone to defend yourself but ppl simply ignore the other person that is fighting with you and call you the bad guy and even though you are defending yourself fighting him you are still the bad guy attacking him. How about that?

Because there have been studies that shown that China was the one who engineered the 2008 crash, but others that show that it was the megabanks and megacorps that did it. "Who started the 2008 crash" is a question that will most likely not be "solved" in the traditional sense. But it is irrelevant, as they took that opportunity to screw the US. Please, they were the ones who started the trade imbalance thing. US did not fire the first shot. So what fucking retaliation are you talking about??

This is the part that i really need to hand it to you cos it reeks of so much generalizing and assumptions. Pray tell how many americans and china chinese have you interacted with? 1.3 billion and 350 million americans? :rolleyes: Suffice to say you interacted with a few americans and a few china chinese and came to that conclusion. You remind me of some sinkies that love to positively stereotype minorities and then negatively stereotype their own race or the chinese like this. I have one malay or indian friend and he's a nice person therefore all malays and indians are nice people. :rolleyes: It's the opposite for chinese ppl. I meet 1 nasty chinese person = all chinese are nasty people. It's also a fact that american society is multi racial but china's isn't. Of course a china chinese would be more ethnocentric. This is true for most countries and mind you most countries would more or less contain ppl from 1 ethnic group and they would probably be xenophobic. Are the japs racist and xenophobhic? After all they don't allow non japs in some establishments in japan? I am sure to you that's perfectly fine but not to china if they do that. I highlighted the part you mentioned about the US being white dominated and there are rednecks in some regions of the US but that's acceptable. :rolleyes: You're trying to base your own miniscule experience you had with china chinese and some americans to make super huge generalizations and then somehow excuse the US for it being white dominated cos somehow they are still an open society. Of course everyone understands full well if a country is chinese dominated it must be the most racist country in the world but if a country is white dominated that's perfectly fine.

Please even factual stuff like demographics, and you can tell how xenophobic the Chinese are. 99%(?) of their population is Chinese. They are ruled by a facist autocratic government. 70% of the US population is white, their society is more democratic, to the point that even the minority votes (Latino) has an effect on the way they make their policies. Just see the fucking recent Presidential Election for an example. Even in the worst case scenario I give you the benefit of doubt that all Republicans are xenophobic and racist (which is not true btw), that means that 50% of US population is xenophobic and racist vs 99% of China population. So we are talking about percentage domination and the structure of their society, there is a BIG FUCKING difference.

Japanese are ethnocentric, but not xenophobic. The key difference between Japan and China is their ATTITUDE towards foreign culture. Japan are proud of their culture, but the respect the existence of other cultures. China is proud of their culture, and believe that they are at the center of the universe and that their culture is superior to everyone else (Hint: WW2 Germans had this kind of mentality too).

And btw, I have spent decades interacting with China Chinese, so my sample size is not 1 as you claim. I have NEVER ever met a China Chinese that respect the culture of others. That alone says something about their people.

Wow! I didn't know you know the chinese leaders personally and they actually shared their country's ambitions with you. :rolleyes: How did you come to that conclusion that china wants to capture the entire asia continent? By talking with those racist and xenophobic china ppl you know. One of them probably mentioned it would be good if the entire asian continent is under china in passing and you thought OH shit! that's china's ambition. I have spoken with an american and he mentioned it would be good if countries like the middle east adopted american democracy and i came to the conclusion that the US wants to take over the world. Opps that is true isn;t it but it's perfectly fine for the US to do it.

Seriously, stop trolling, or perhaps you are a retard. China's aim to establish an Asian Hegemony is obvious for any person with an ounce of brain. You think they are developing anti-carrier weaponry for fun? You think they are building aircraft carriers for fun? You think they are disputing those miserable islands with Philippines and other nations for fun? And I never even once did say US invaded the Middle East to spread democracy. That's PR and propaganda, even I know it. US invaded Middle East for oil, even an idiot knows that. So stop putting words in my mouth.

You mention the white nations spread their influence by invading and conquering but somehow don't even take offence to that but then write in horror about china trying to wean countries off the USD. FYI the US is the one holding countries hostage if they refuse to use the US petrodollar they get invaded. China is helping countries by taking them off being held hostage. What you are trying to say here is that it's perfectly fine for the US to hold countries hostage to the USD but not ok for china to take them off am i right? Perfectly fine for the US to attack and disrupt countries and undermine them but wrong for countries to defend themselves against such aggression. :rolleyes: Of course china is building up their military in case they get attacked.

FYI, with the exception for the Middle East, white nations have not invaded and colonized other nations for FUCKING DECADES. Live in the present not in the past. The fight over petrodollar make sense from US point of view, because it has to do what it needs to survive. Although personally I think their wars for petrodollar is a mistake, they spent a lot of money and not getting much in return. And stop painting China like a fucking saint. You think they want to wean off the world of USD for the goodness of their own heart? Please... if those countries are "held hostage" by US as you claim, then how is it better when they are "held hostage" by China? If China had the ability, they would take over the Middle East as well. The question that I am asking, and what everyone should ask is who is the lesser of two evils - US or China? Do you want the world's eminent power to be a multicultural, open and democratic society, or a xenophobic, racist and autocratic society?

So it's perfectly fine for the US to attack china correct? Don't talk about containment and BS la bodoh. All countries want to spread influence. If india had their way you would be speaking keling and if japan won ww2 you most likely would be speaking jap and born from a chinese whore mum raped by a jap man. Then again i am sure that's fine to you as long as it isn't china. :rolleyes:

Since when has US initiated an attack against China? The recent diplomatic diplomatic moves that US is making in an effort to contain China was IN RESPONSE to China's attempt to undermine the US. And live in the present, I don't give a shit about what the Japs did in WW2. I wasn't alive back then. I do care what the Japs do against China today, and they are at least for now the allies of the US, and they do have the (latent) power to keep China's rise in check.

Last edited:

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually, China would have to be a military superpower to protect its overseas economic interests. It has no other choice. When you become so big and have so many businesses all over the world, and you are not a military power, other countries can just f**k your contracts and you cannot do anything about it. It's useless to go to the United Nations for help because the UN is next to useless in a major conflict. Why the UN is useless? Because it does not have its own army. Most of the time, UN forces are mainly USA forces. So going to the UN is like going to the US and Western Powers. Despite the advancements in so many areas of human civilization, we humans are still savages who cannot live without wars. So it is still whoever has the bigger gun rules.

You cannot become an economic superpower without becoming a military superpower . Japan became an economic superpower without becoming a military superpower - because it has US military backing. China has to depend on itself.

If you are a small country like Singapore and become a economic success, that's okay because you won't ever become a threat to USA. But if you are China and you become a economic superpower, the USA will feel threatened. Of course, there is a way for China to avoid conflict and that is to be subservient to USA.

Watch this video (42th min). Nobel Prize Physics prize laureate Yang zhenning (who went to US to study, work and went on to win the Nobel Prize, and has now been living in China for many years. He has access to the top CCP members in China and so his views carry some weight) said he isn't optimistic about US-China relation now. He was optimistic ten years ago, but his views changed now. He foresees world calamity if the relationship is not managed properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvioK7Msce8

You talked as if engaging in a battle for economic dominance is like engaging in a military battle, I win, you lose.

Both sides know the importance of the other's market and they want the most unimpeded access. So US's most favoured trading nation to China is a very important catch. Also free access to Chinese market and manufacturing base is a key US target.

Behind this, the key objective is to grow their economies and bring jobs to their people. Economic battle must take a back seat to that.

Last edited:

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Japanese targeted the Chinese in Singapore because the Chinese here sent money to China to support China's war with Japan. At that time, many Chinese in Singapore were born in China and their loyalty was towards China and not the British. When Japan attacked Singapore, it was mainly the Chinese and Indians who fought the invaders and later resisted the occupiers - e.g. Lim Bo Seng. It was only after the war that the Chinese started thinking of Singapore as their country and about independence from Britian - because they had risked their lives to defend Singapore against the Japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvvNdxSTgw

The malays peoples have nothing against the nipponese.
They are mostly well mannered and cultured. and during WWII, malays were not badly treated like the chinese.
some malays were sent for training and education in japan during WWII. and japan was said to promise independence just before they were bombed and nuked to smitherins. So japan surrendered just before the independence can be given.

Last edited:

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually, China would have to be a military superpower to protect its overseas economic interests. It has no other choice. When you become so big and have so many businesses all over the world, and you are not a military power, other countries can just f**k your contracts and you cannot do anything about it. It's useless to go to the United Nations for help because the UN is next to useless in a major conflict. Why the UN is useless? Because it does not have its own army. Most of the time, UN forces are mainly USA forces. So going to the UN is like going to the US and Western Powers. Despite the advancements in so many areas of human civilization, we humans are still savages who cannot live without wars. So it is still whoever has the bigger gun rules.

You cannot become an economic superpower without becoming a military superpower . Japan became an economic superpower without becoming a military superpower - because it has US military backing. China has to depend on itself.

So you are a small country like Singapore and become a economic success, that's okay because you won't ever become a threat to USA. But if you are China and you become a economic superpower, the USA will feel threatened. Of course, there is a way to avoid conflict and that is to be subservient to USA.

I don't agree that US will feel threatened just because there is another superpower. It depends on WHO is that rising superpower. Before the EU sunk into their financial shit hole, they were an emerging superpower. Economy was as strong as that of the US, military wise they were decent, but I'm sure if US were to invade the EU, they would win (nuclear weaponry aside of course). However, EU was ideological compatible with US. They are a open, democratic and relatively open society, although some countries are still rather ethnocentric. But they accepted the cultures of others. China on the other hand is the total opposite. Facist totalitarian state who no tolerance whatsoever for non-Chinese or even "banana" Chinese people. Do you think a normal person would react well to the rise of such racist pricks?

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Japanese targeted the Chinese in Singapore because the Chinese here sent money to China to support China's war with Japan. At that time, many Chinese in Singapore were born in China and their loyalty was towards China and not the British. When Japan attacked Singapore, it was mainly the Chinese (and some Indians) who volunteered to fight the Japanese invaders - e.g. Lim Bo Seng. It was only after the war that the Chinese started thinking of Singapore as their country and about independence from Britian - because they had risked their lives to defend Singapore against the Japanese.

A very good point, that rebuts all those racist Jap comments I'm seeing on this board about their WW2 actions. If anything, Japan's aggression against Singapore should have been viewed as a proxy war for Japan's aggression against China. As a Sinkaporean, I have no issue with that.

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually everybody knows the reason why they send their kids to US schools. It's obvious. If you are a mainland Chinese, wouldn't you want to send our kids to US schools? You would too, because you think the US education is better for your kids than China's.

I am not interested in why the top leaders are sending their kids there. My point is they should not be doing it in the first place. Note I only think it's wrong to send them to do 1st degree and to boarding schools. Okay to send them to do Masters or PHDs in technology fields. Because it is a loss of face, and it's setting a bad example to your people - telling them that China cannot even compete with the US/UK in 1st degree and high school education. The former USSR top leaders didn't and wouldn't do it. Putin would also not do it.

who actually knows the reason as to why they send their kids to US schools. Frankly the china govt should have imposed restrcitions unto senior members and their family members movements within and outside the country but they didn't. It's speculation that these ppl send them to these schools cos they are prestigious and since they can afford to pay for them why not.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because there have been studies that shown that China was the one who engineered the 2008 crash, but others that show that it was the megabanks and megacorps that did it. "Who started the 2008 crash" is a question that will most likely not be "solved" in the traditional sense. But it is irrelevant, as they took that opportunity to screw the US. Please, they were the ones who started the trade imbalance thing. US did not fire the first shot. So what fucking retaliation are you talking about??

Ok cool. You don't know who did it. Fine that is irrelevant you failed to answer this question from me. Has the US always been engaging in ways and means to screw other countries not just china but you know latin american countries, middle eastern ones, european ones etc so as to gain superiority? That's a fact but what pisses me off is that you ignore all of that and just focus on the fact that china might have engineered this or that but have no problems if it was the megabanks or corps that are american if they did that. Care to explain to me why are you such a racist? It's perfectly fine for china to do that anyway to attack the US. The US would attack china without any hesitation and i am sure a racist like you would find it ok.

Please even factual stuff like demographics, and you can tell how xenophobic the Chinese are. 99%(?) of their population is Chinese. They are ruled by a facist autocratic government. 70% of the US population is white, their society is more democratic, to the point that even the minority votes (Latino) has an effect on the way they make their policies. Just see the fucking recent Presidential Election for an example. Even in the worst case scenario I give you the benefit of doubt that all Republicans are xenophobic and racist (which is not true btw), that means that 50% of US population is xenophobic and racist vs 99% of China population. So we are talking about percentage domination and the structure of their society, there is a BIG FUCKING difference.

Japanese are ethnocentric, but not xenophobic. The key difference between Japan and China is their ATTITUDE towards foreign culture. Japan are proud of their culture, but the respect the existence of other cultures. China is proud of their culture, and believe that they are at the center of the universe and that their culture is superior to everyone else (Hint: WW2 Germans had this kind of mentality too).

And btw, I have spent decades interacting with China Chinese, so my sample size is not 1 as you claim. I have NEVER ever met a China Chinese that respect the culture of others. That alone says something about their people.

You sure 99% of their population is chinese? Mind you china has 50 minorities and the 3 main chinese races are han, mongolian and manchurian all of these ppl are categorized as chinese nationals proper. I am sure you are referring to the han since that's what most ppl do when they say chinese and i don't think the han constitute 99% of the population of china. Certainly not 99%. Did you pull that out from your ass? :rolleyes: I also take issue on you using evidence that a country's population percentage makes one racist. I am sure japanese ppl are much more racist after all 100% of japan is japanese. Same for iceland, sweden etc. Since you used population percentage to judge whether a country is racist i will show you countries that have almost 100% of 1 ethnic group and then you change the boundaries again.

The govt of a country doesn't make the population racist you dumbass. FYI the US isn't exactly run by white people but by jewish people. Jewish people are middle eastern and askenbhazhi jews have turkish roots. Hope you can make that distinction.

Stop coming up with shit that 50% of the US is racist and 99% of china is racist when you don't have the facts to prove that at all you slime bag.

Oh yes now japanese are ethnocentric but not xenophobic but the chinese are. :rolleyes: You sure take bias BS to the next level. Why would you see large numbers of chinese ppl migrating to countries the world over and taking up their languages, cultures and even their names. Thai chinese, filippino chinese all speak their country's respective language. Macau has a significant population of chinese mixed ppl that speak a portugese chinese pidgin language. The fact of the matter is you're making shit up when you claim that chinese ppl think their culture and language is the centre of the universe crap when in reality most ppl in the world would think in such a manner. Do the americans think english is the centre. Of course they do and it's perfectly fine for them to do so i am sure you would agree.

Of course i didn't imply you were talking to just 1 china person but the fact of the matter is you only interacted with a small percentage of china ppl even if it is throughout the decades. You just cannot even begin to process in your mind how many ppl there are in 1 million and then try to imagine 1.3 billion in china alone.

Seriously, stop trolling, or perhaps you are a retard. China's aim to establish an Asian Hegemony is obvious for any person with an ounce of brain. You think they are developing anti-carrier weaponry for fun? You think they are building aircraft carriers for fun? You think they are disputing those miserable islands with Philippines and other nations for fun? And I never even once did say US invaded the Middle East to spread democracy. That's PR and propaganda, even I know it. US invaded Middle East for oil, even an idiot knows that. So stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm not trolling you. China has these weapons to protect itself again foreign invasion. These are facts and white nations love to do that to other countries. I'm not saying you mentioned the US invaded the middle east for this or that reason. I was relaying to you a scene whereby i'm talking to one american saying the US is going to do this and that in the one region and me coming to a conclusion based on that 1 person i spoke to which is what you're doing with china. FYI i have spoken with numerous americans througout the decades to know they want to spread democracy in the middle east. I also want to ask you what your opinion is on the US invading the middle east for oil. Is that ok?

FYI, with the exception for the Middle East, white nations have not invaded and colonized other nations for FUCKING DECADES. Live in the present not in the past. The fight over petrodollar make sense from US point of view, because it has to do what it needs to survive. Although personally I think their wars for petrodollar is a mistake, they spent a lot of money and not getting much in return. And stop painting China like a fucking saint. You think they want to wean off the world of USD for the goodness of their own heart? Please... if those countries are "held hostage" by US as you claim, then how is it better when they are "held hostage" by China? If China had the ability, they would take over the Middle East as well. The question that I am asking, and what everyone should ask is who is the lesser of two evils - US or China? Do you want the world's eminent power to be a multicultural, open and democratic society, or a xenophobic, racist and autocratic society?

Oh yes let's simply forget about what others have done cos it was only decades ago which is a very short time when they inavded other nations. Who's talking about china being a saint you dumb ass? Btw the US isn't a saint for getting countries on the petrodollar.

Since when has US initiated an attack against China? The recent diplomatic diplomatic moves that US is making in an effort to contain China was IN RESPONSE to China's attempt to undermine the US. And live in the present, I don't give a shit about what the Japs did in WW2. I wasn't alive back then. I do care what the Japs do against China today, and they are at least for now the allies of the US, and they do have the (latent) power to keep China's rise in check.

I sincerely doubt that. The US has always attempted to undermine all countries that it views as a threat. What pisses me off is your sickening moralistic high stance trying to make it seem like the US is actually defending against china's aggression when the US has always been aggressive all the way with all foreign countries.

It's very disgusting that you actually attempt to paint lies and try to put a moralistic slant on the picture at hand by excusing the US for all the evils it has committed over the years on many countries and try to make it look like china is the aggressor when the US attempts to sabotage china thru the media, economic means and sundry. You're a disgusting racist fella.

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, you are mistaken. Japan didn't attack Singapore as a proxy war against China. Japan wanted to create a Japanese empire in Asia. That's why it also conquered Malaysia, Philippines, China, Korea, etc.

But when they were in Singapore, they specifically targeted the Singapore Chinese because they knew many of Singapore Chinese had supported China in fighting Japan.

The Japanese at that time saw themselves as a superior race, like Nazi Germans, and they taught their kids that other people were sub-human before WWII to prepare for the war.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but you shouldn't deny the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Japan#Japanese_offensives_.281941.E2.80.9342.29
"The Japanese espoused their vision of a Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, and an Asia for Asians to the people of South East Asia, who had lived under European rule for generations. As a result, many inhabitants in the region actually sided with the Japanese invaders - except of course for the ethnic Chinese, who had witnessed the effects of a Japanese occupation in their homeland."

Immediately following their invasion of British Malaya, the Japanese military carried out a purge of the Chinese population in Malaya and Singapore. Over the course of a month following their victory at Singapore, the Japanese are believed to have killed tens of thousands of ethnic Chinese perceived to be hostile to the new regime. (there, those could be your ancestors).

A very good point, that rebuts all those racist Jap comments I'm seeing on this board about their WW2 actions. If anything, Japan's aggression against Singapore should have been viewed as a proxy war for Japan's aggression against China. As a Sinkaporean, I have no issue with that.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Has Got Nothing To Do With History

Do you know history at all?

The Koreans hate the Japanese 100 time more than they hate the Chinese.

Sure or not ? C'mon, reality check ...

MORE KOREANS DISLIKE CHINA, LIKE AMERICA

The U.S. think tank, the Pew Research Center, has found an intriguing trend in its surveys in South Korea. Asked whether they have a favorable or unfavorable view of China, an increasing number of respondents have come up with negative viewpoints over the past decade.

Favorable views of China were as high as 66 percent here in 2002 but they headed down to 52 percent in 2007, 48 percent in 2008, 46 percent in 2009 and 38 percent this spring, the fifth lowest among 22 nations researched.

By contrast, unfavorable views rocketed during the same period from just 31 percent in 2002 to 42 percent in 2007, 49 percent in 2008, 54 percent in 2009 and 56 percent this year, also the fifth highest among the 22 countries.

it's only the older generation.....

and it's

1) CHINESE hate JAPANESE and
2) KOREAN hate JAPANESE.

That was because of Japanese invading korea and chinese and raping lot of women and the death camps.

But like I said, the hate is only alive in the older generation. Most of the younger generation dont give a damn.

The so-called hatred is often spurred and fueled by the ruling regime to give the country an identity and the reason to compete. This is fascism. Get real.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is always good to try to achieve an equilibrium.

You mean China should do more? Because it is not equilibrium yet. Just look at the number of aircraft carriers that the US has and the size of their Navy that they have all around the world and their overseas bases.

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: This Has Got Nothing To Do With History

If you don't know that the Koreans hate the Japanese much more than they hate the Chinese, you are completely clueless.

Anyway, I said the Koreans hate the Japs more than they hate the Chinese. The Think Tank study is talking about Koreans liking/disliking China and USA - and not Japan.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/s-korea-hates-japan-more-than-n-korea-gallup-poll-reveals

Recently during the Diaoyu Dao incident, a Japanese industrial big shot commented that no matter how bad Japan treats China, the Chinese would still buy Japanese products. But no matter how good Japan treats Korean, the Koreans would not buy Japanese products. I will post the link to the article here when I find it.

Sure or not ? C'mon, reality check ...

MORE KOREANS DISLIKE CHINA, LIKE AMERICA

The U.S. think tank, the Pew Research Center, has found an intriguing trend in its surveys in South Korea. Asked whether they have a favorable or unfavorable view of China, an increasing number of respondents have come up with negative viewpoints over the past decade.

Favorable views of China were as high as 66 percent here in 2002 but they headed down to 52 percent in 2007, 48 percent in 2008, 46 percent in 2009 and 38 percent this spring, the fifth lowest among 22 nations researched.

By contrast, unfavorable views rocketed during the same period from just 31 percent in 2002 to 42 percent in 2007, 49 percent in 2008, 54 percent in 2009 and 56 percent this year, also the fifth highest among the 22 countries.

it's only the older generation.....

and it's

1) CHINESE hate JAPANESE and
2) KOREAN hate JAPANESE.

That was because of Japanese invading korea and chinese and raping lot of women and the death camps.

But like I said, the hate is only alive in the older generation. Most of the younger generation dont give a damn.

The so-called hatred is often spurred and fueled by the ruling regime to give the country an identity and the reason to compete. This is fascism. Get real.

Last edited: