• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do U think of CSM's performance so far???

What do U think about CSM's performance so far

• Good

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Could do better

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Disappointing

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Show Mao was suppose to be WP's ace in Parliament, the one person who can stand toe to toe with the PAP big guns in Parliament.

However IMO he hasn't exactly light up the parliament thus far. He made a nice flowery speech during the ministerial debate which most opposition took note and raved about, for about the 2 days they took to do the math and realize the pay WP came up with was almost the same as the one proposed by the EC. The more recent budget debate he came up with tons of nice proposal which mostly proved to be empty promises since by his own admission, they would not be able to fund it without going into a deficit. His performance is pretty disappointing so far.

With Yaw totally screwing WP, Gerald Giam getting hatam left right centre, Pritam Singh having the unique ability to say a lot without actually saying anything, it's down to Yee Jen Jong to hold down the fort for the entire Party. Makes me wonder how the hell he wasn't the one who actually got elected. Personally he has my vote if I live in Hougang and they send him there.

He's neither liberal nor conservative. I don't know if he can be any political standing at all.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one day WP takes over PAP, we need to ensure they are able to do it. Judging form the performance of they are far from it. While the PAP have their faults which is pretty well documented in here, those from WP somehow managed to make themselves look worse.

I am scrutinizing WP now as I see PAP losing an even bigger portion of the votes come the next GE. A change in government is but a freak result away and there are more then enough pple who doesn't think before voting to make that happen in the next or following GE.

And yes I do realize that the media may have downplay their performance but then again my main source of news is actually TOC and links from this forum and my impression so far of WP is even lower then what is portrayed in the media. Running a country they are definitely not ready. Pretending to act like they know how it's done has been making them look bad. Maybe a change in strategy will do them good

Just wondering, was your previous nick char_jig_kar?

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one day WP takes over PAP, we need to ensure they are able to do it. Judging form the performance of they are far from it. While the PAP have their faults which is pretty well documented in here, those from WP somehow managed to make themselves look worse.

I am scrutinizing WP now as I see PAP losing an even bigger portion of the votes come the next GE. A change in government is but a freak result away and there are more then enough pple who doesn't think before voting to make that happen in the next or following GE.

And yes I do realize that the media may have downplay their performance but then again my main source of news is actually TOC and links from this forum and my impression so far of WP is even lower then what is portrayed in the media. Running a country they are definitely not ready. Pretending to act like they know how it's done has been making them look bad. Maybe a change in strategy will do them good

I agree. During the recent Parliamentary debates, it seemed that WP had been out of depth as compared to the ruling party. Of course it should be, based on the resources the ruling party have. Maybe they concentrate as a good opposition party rather to counter propose any suggestions that might kenna shoot down by the PAP. Looking at it another way, they tried to think about alternative policies but failed, it is a good start nevertheless.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old man will not hesitate to rise from the grave to knock down anyone that threatens the path of progress. The path that allows adaptability steered like very few nations can. Lessons can be learnt from the past.
CSM knows this. Human generally dislike change. Drastic changes bring uncertainty. To win the population, one needs to align to the current momentum. To win the support, one need to take nudges. Small nudges. Agree to disagree. Calls for social handout are suicidal. The 154kth have kept it comingvdumb. Investments means returns.
Let them sacrifice the many young. If the intent is to grapse the unknown, time to listen to the people.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most important question is What does Aljunied voters think of him as their MP? If he is helpful and they like him, his parliamentary performance is secondary as its down to Aljunied voters to vote him in and not the whole of SIngapore.

I think he is a good MP, I have frens who went to see their PAP mps etc and got a telling off, does CSM do that?

and Parliament is still dominated by PAP. they control the time, who can ask questions etc...and the media bias..so how to really see WP shine. Only the people of Aljunied can determine if CSM is performing or not

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Char,

The problem is primarily three fold, personal, policy and presentation,

Personel, As the party grows in personalities and personnel, Managing who says what, and how becomes critical, I would put the current speeches as failing because of an inability to tie six separate. Voices around one entral theme.

policy, Seriously screwed up process when Gerald got hammered by TCH. The internal mechanisms are breaking down when coping with larger numbers and voices. As it stands there currently does not seem to be a back stop or back check on what opposition MPs say and how they say it.

personalities. everyone is playing good cop and there is no bad cop, granted the PAP will never ever be nice to you but there is still more room for personalities and presentation to come through

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is too nice a guy. If he has a nasty streak in him then single-handedly he can win a GRC. But alas, he is too nice. WP has no fucking idea about policies. They need someone like Leong Sze Hian to back them up with stats and numbers. The PAPies are good at obfuscating the issue and giving irrelevant answers and stats that make them look good. But once you pry them open the worms and even snakes will crawl out. LTK will continue being the soldier that he is and not the general the WP needs to gain strength. From all areas of common life, the PAP is a failed government. Only GDP makes it look good but we know better about the GDP and not to be hoodwinked. Healthcare, education, housing, over-blown GLCs, civil service and minister salary, transport system, over crowding are all ills that were created by the PAPpies.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSM is too nice a guy. If he has a nasty streak in him then single-handedly he can win a GRC.

I don't think so. Without Sylvia contesting previously and LTK reinforcing, there'd be no way CSM or anyone else could win Aljunied GRC, certainly not singehandedly. That said, winning politics is not about absolute, but about majority, whether in dynasty or democracy. Politicians is about charisma, presence and personality. I can tell you to go and ask what Aljunied and Hougang voting masses know about WP policies. Most of them know nuts. They just trust LTK, Sylvia, CSM etc.

Last edited:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is too nice a guy. If he has a nasty streak in him then single-handedly he can win a GRC. But alas, he is too nice. WP has no fucking idea about policies. They need someone like Leong Sze Hian to back them up with stats and numbers.

When I defended Leong Sze Hian over the other thread, I was given deduction of reputation points and someone actually left me with this comment "you are a political and social imbecile".

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?105957-what-is-Leong-Sze-Hian-agenda&p=903816#post903816

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is some accusation on Chen show mao copying other people's idea on Facebook and treat it as his own presented it on the parliament according to night Chinese newspapers

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is some accusation on Chen show mao copying other people's idea on Facebook and treat it as his own presented it on the parliament according to night Chinese newspapers

Isn't that the point of being an MP, being a representative of the people's voices and ideas?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The matter has already been clarified. The originator of the material had given blanket approval for everyone (including CSM) to use without citation.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so. Without Sylvia contesting previously and LTK reinforcing, there'd be no way CSM or anyone else could win Aljunied GRC, certainly not singehandedly. That said, winning politics is not about absolute, but about majority, whether in dynasty or democracy. Politicians is about charisma, presence and personality. I can tell you to go and ask what Aljunied and Hougang voting masses know about WP policies. Most of them know nuts. They just trust LTK, Sylvia, CSM etc.

Without CSM in the WP Aljunied team, LTK and Sylvia will not be elected MPs todays. Politicians is also about policies. A nice politician won't win anything. Voters must feel protected by their politician. CSM being a nice guy doesn't offer that. The WP has at least two more years to learn how to debate and to find a team to help them with the numbers. The last 18 months before a GE is important as incidents then will be freshest on the minds of voters.

Seeing that mainstream media is biased, the WP has to find better ways to reach out to a wider audience and for LTK to take on the role of leader of the alternative parties. Like it or not, he should take on the role and use it to be a voice of the people. Otherwise, the gains over the past years will not be leveraged fully and another 500K FTs will be here come 2016 and this is after the 900K expected between 2011-2016.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

csm should be smart enough to say that he read it somewhere. he is naive to think that his opponents would not nitpick just as people would nitpick pap. wp must learn fast that the bigger their presence in parliament, the less privileges of immunity they get.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He did clearly state at the start that he was collating views from all over.

csm should be smart enough to say that he read it somewhere. he is naive to think that his opponents would not nitpick just as people would nitpick pap. wp must learn fast that the bigger their presence in parliament, the less privileges of immunity they get.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
He did clearly state at the start that he was collating views from all over.

the opening paragraph had these words "including the following", not too sure what's so difficult in understanding these three simple words. *sighs*

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
the opening paragraph had these words "including the following", not too sure what's so difficult in understanding these three simple words. *sighs*

Definition of Plagiarism: Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as the "wrongful appropriation," "close imitation," or "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work

If it wasn't for the fact that someone exposed him, he would have gotten away with it. The fact that he added that extra statement change nothing. He claimed he learned the following hence we can define it as he learned and interprate what he learned in his own ways. However that wasn't the case, he blatantly plagiarize pt for pt someone else's article. Adding that statement changes nothing

Go read any thesis on line to see my pt

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Goodness, I hadn't realized that CSM was writing a thesis.

bro,
was looking thru' the comments left on CSM's page regarding the note, me thought it would be prudent to cite some sources. always nice to credit good ideas :smile::smile::smile: