• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do U think of CSM's performance so far???

What do U think about CSM's performance so far

• Good

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Could do better

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Disappointing

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. During the recent Parliamentary debates, it seemed that WP had been out of depth as compared to the ruling party. Of course it should be, based on the resources the ruling party have. Maybe they concentrate as a good opposition party rather to counter propose any suggestions that might kenna shoot down by the PAP. Looking at it another way, they tried to think about alternative policies but failed, it is a good start nevertheless.

I totally agree, the entire group seems out of depth right now. And yes its a good start although I think they are going about this from the wrong angle

Dear Char,

The problem is primarily three fold, personal, policy and presentation,

Personel, As the party grows in personalities and personnel, Managing who says what, and how becomes critical, I would put the current speeches as failing because of an inability to tie six separate. Voices around one entral theme.

policy, Seriously screwed up process when Gerald got hammered by TCH. The internal mechanisms are breaking down when coping with larger numbers and voices. As it stands there currently does not seem to be a back stop or back check on what opposition MPs say and how they say it.

personalities. everyone is playing good cop and there is no bad cop, granted the PAP will never ever be nice to you but there is still more room for personalities and presentation to come through

I dun fully agree with your assessment on the "Personel" part. It does seem to be that the group is at least loosely aligned towards a general direction. Being too united in the same cases might become counter productive. They just need to ensure they have a general direction to steer the group towards.

The policy part however is where I think the biggest failing is. Trying to fight PAP head to head on issues like the budget as a whole is not going to work. PAP has seldom if ever get their math wrong especially when they actually have to execute those same policies in real life. SDP have been failing miserably with their joke of a shadow budge for the last 2 years. They have the luxury to do it their way coz they are not in Parliament, WP doesn't and they are going up against pple like Tharman and Heng Swee Keat who literally brought the country out of the worse financial crisis ever.

WP would do a better job by gong back to opposition roots. Hitting at what they think is no right and rearranging some of the individual components and redistribute it with the money already worked out by PAP. Key word here is redistributing and not reinventing.

Looking at the budget, CSM have Ng E Jay to thank for twisting Vikram words so ridiculously it was totally out of context. By trying to reinvent the policy, CSM was exposed as not doing his due diligence of getting the sums right. Had Vikram use more politically correct words, the issue would have ended quite differently. What I think CSM should have done is to redistribute the components that PAP has already announced they will be giving out in rebates/subsidie/etc. Does putting so much of that money meant for the aged into CPF make sense? Would giving less subsidy to utilities and giving out more in cash makes sense? By starting small and getting good at it, I think the group will eventually be able to work their way up to come with a decent budget in due time

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
By starting small and getting good at it, I think the group will eventually be able to work their way up to come with a decent budget in due time

this me agree, sedikit sedikit lama lama jadi bukit. more brain power is always welcomed, but me think the passion to serve the populace must be in place first.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, CSM's performance has been pretty good so far. I especially love his opening speech in Parliament, it was brilliant and well articulated. I believe him when he said that he is patriot and I hope he serve Singaporeans with all his heart and to the best of his ability.