• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do U think of CSM's performance so far???

What do U think about CSM's performance so far

• Good

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Could do better

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Disappointing

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Show Mao was suppose to be WP's ace in Parliament, the one person who can stand toe to toe with the PAP big guns in Parliament.

However IMO he hasn't exactly light up the parliament thus far. He made a nice flowery speech during the ministerial debate which most opposition took note and raved about, for about the 2 days they took to do the math and realize the pay WP came up with was almost the same as the one proposed by the EC. The more recent budget debate he came up with tons of nice proposal which mostly proved to be empty promises since by his own admission, they would not be able to fund it without going into a deficit. His performance is pretty disappointing so far.

With Yaw totally screwing WP, Gerald Giam getting hatam left right centre, Pritam Singh having the unique ability to say a lot without actually saying anything, it's down to Yee Jen Jong to hold down the fort for the entire Party. Makes me wonder how the hell he wasn't the one who actually got elected. Personally he has my vote if I live in Hougang and they send him there.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dared not hope a super human character to be seen in Chen or someone who can shoot a silver bullet that makes everyone, including old man, drop jaws, but rather someone who can take on the ruling party on the long haul without being squashed out. Limited in numbers, they have to make small prudent steps, else they may well be receiving lawyers letters and soon suffer the same fate as those who had to run roads. Perception of impressiveness is subjective. Who is the most impressive so far based on the last few parliamentary sittings? And if this person has come up with much better idea than what Chen is proposing.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What do u think of Lim Swee Say's performance so far?

bro,

me think it is only appropriate at this juncture for him to expound on his performance so far, he can upturn the downturn leh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTMMRrxx-Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who do you think is a more useful MP? Someone who is very good in defending what is so right today? Or someone who is out to improve the lot of the people?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

me think it is only appropriate at this juncture for him to expound on his performance so far, he can upturn the downturn leh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTMMRrxx-Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow I like the auntie in black running in at 1:46.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Who do you think is a more useful MP? Someone who is very good in defending what is so right today? Or someone who is out to improve the lot of the people?

me only know YJJ would have 2 confirmed votes if he continues to stand in Joo Chiat SMC, can't say much if it were another WP candidate :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you expect? Miracles? Even the son of God could not change the world or how the jews turned against him.

CSM is not the govt. he has limited govt resources, limited air time, a biased media, and he cant hantam people on the head if they dont folow him. He can only persuade like a gentleman.

I think nobody in MIW can hold a candle to him and his intent to render public service despite being able to put his feet up and enjoy life. why should he subject himself to being ranked by ingrates?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously what do you think we should do? Throw out WP and bring back the PAP? WP is there because people afe disgruntled with the PAP. Most of their MPs are ambitious but hopeless.

Don't worry too much about WP. They have no power or means to shape policies. You should focus on the conduct of the PAP?

Do realise that the press has always downplayed the performance of the opposition identities.

Chen Show Mao was suppose to be WP's ace in Parliament, the one person who can stand toe to toe with the PAP big guns in Parliament.

However IMO he hasn't exactly light up the parliament thus far. He made a nice flowery speech during the ministerial debate which most opposition took note and raved about, for about the 2 days they took to do the math and realize the pay WP came up with was almost the same as the one proposed by the EC. The more recent budget debate he came up with tons of nice proposal which mostly proved to be empty promises since by his own admission, they would not be able to fund it without going into a deficit. His performance is pretty disappointing so far.

With Yaw totally screwing WP, Gerald Giam getting hatam left right centre, Pritam Singh having the unique ability to say a lot without actually saying anything, it's down to Yee Jen Jong to hold down the fort for the entire Party. Makes me wonder how the hell he wasn't the one who actually got elected. Personally he has my vote if I live in Hougang and they send him there.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Do realise that the press has always downplayed the performance of the opposition identities.

bro,
LTK would be discerning enough to field JJ back in Joo Chiat SMC, another suitable candidate can always be found to take on the PAP in Hougang. the by-election issue had caught everyone by surprise in the turn of events, looking forward to a decent fight in Hougang, Alex Au can once again ply his trade :p:p:p

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously what do you think we should do? Throw out WP and bring back the PAP? WP is there because people afe disgruntled with the PAP. Most of their MPs are ambitious but hopeless.

Don't worry too much about WP. They have no power or means to shape policies. You should focus on the conduct of the PAP?

Do not worry, it is called Strawman argument. Likened to claiming yourself to be blackbelt 100 dan, by
strapping your opponent to a rack pre-cracking his ribs and bones, giving him muscle relaxant and launching your attacks with concealed brass knuckles and brass lined shoes. So powderful.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If one day WP takes over PAP, we need to ensure they are able to do it. Judging form the performance of they are far from it. While the PAP have their faults which is pretty well documented in here, those from WP somehow managed to make themselves look worse.

I am scrutinizing WP now as I see PAP losing an even bigger portion of the votes come the next GE. A change in government is but a freak result away and there are more then enough pple who doesn't think before voting to make that happen in the next or following GE.

And yes I do realize that the media may have downplay their performance but then again my main source of news is actually TOC and links from this forum and my impression so far of WP is even lower then what is portrayed in the media. Running a country they are definitely not ready. Pretending to act like they know how it's done has been making them look bad. Maybe a change in strategy will do them good

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Char, a freak result is when the PAPzis get 60% of the vote and more than 90% of the seats. So, Singaporeans are used to freak results. Please look for another bogeyman.

If one day WP takes over PAP, we need to ensure they are able to do it. Judging form the performance of they are far from it. While the PAP have their faults which is pretty well documented in here, those from WP somehow managed to make themselves look worse.

I am scrutinizing WP now as I see PAP losing an even bigger portion of the votes come the next GE. A change in government is but a freak result away and there are more then enough pple who doesn't think before voting to make that happen in the next or following GE.

And yes I do realize that the media may have downplay their performance but then again my main source of news is actually TOC and links from this forum and my impression so far of WP is even lower then what is portrayed in the media. Running a country they are definitely not ready. Pretending to act like they know how it's done has been making them look bad. Maybe a change in strategy will do them good

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Mr Char, a freak result is when the PAPzis get 60% of the vote and more than 90% of the votes. So, Singaporeans are used to freak results. Please look for another bogeyman.

bro, 90% of the Parliamentary seats you meant?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
me only know YJJ would have 2 confirmed votes if he continues to stand in Joo Chiat SMC, can't say much if it were another WP candidate :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So WP would have 2 votes less?