• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wayang Worker's Party vote with PAP for the most bloated $79.9B budget in history

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do u compare using bicycle and ferrari?
You prata anyhow flip until talk shit still dont know. Fake oppo indeed you are.

Chiam see tong one person also asked more challenging questions. His wife nmp asked difficult questions too. There is simply no excuse. I dont need to replace pap elites with wp peasants elite-wannabe.

If not for chiam see tong, your hdb conveyancing still monopolise by lee n lee.
look who is talking crap?

you want challenging questions then go for kj, csj. others who thump chest shout slogan quite impressively are tsl, gomez, rn, hhh.

but wait how many white scums they kicked out so far?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their silence is only broken during election rally. After that back to hybernation.
frying cold rice here also?

you think hybernation between 2006 and 2011 could win aljunied?

if anything, the boy scout george and his team then hybernation until now they no more multi $m part time ministar salary.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are very patient, every 4 years wait for WP to get more peasants in to jiaoliaobee with pap elites.

This GE is the perfect storm for the opposition to wrest power from the PAP. If the WP is unwilling to do that, then a coalition of opposition parties should take over the important task of toppling the PAP.
The WP is timid, taking the slow approach, playing by the PAP rules. That the typical risk-adverse style of sinkees. Hopefully, they will see the light and start to go all out when the election is called.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is exactly my point. I have voted against the PAP in every election that my constituency was contested. Some GE, it was not contested. I have gotten into arguments with my own immediate family when they are voting for PAP. I am not one of those that voted PAP long ago and then now switch to oppo. I have never wavered from being anti PAP. This is why I am frustrated that an opposition party should be less committed to the task of removing the PAP than I am. Its a joke.

By all means express what you are unhappy with WP if you really mean it, but really disappointed people won't resort to disingenious statements.

Take Goh Meng Seng. He portrays his departure from WP as one out of disillusionment and not jealousy, but can find no genuine issues with WP except to clutch at straws with issues like giving of a quotation (not invoice) or the lie that WP posters not being put up until end of the campaign.

We have to realize that not every one here is an armchair critic. Some may be actively volunteering for an opposition party that is not WP. And they believe that in a one-party state, their candidates loses the election but in a two-party system, their candidates loses their deposits. So they want to do something about this at all costs.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This GE is the perfect storm for the opposition to wrest power from the PAP. If the WP is unwilling to do that, then a coalition of opposition parties should take over the important task of toppling the PAP.

I'm in favor of a coalition government :smile::smile::smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WP is timid, taking the slow approach, playing by the PAP rules. That the typical risk-adverse style of sinkees. Hopefully, they will see the light and start to go all out when the election is called.

Yeah I also think so.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you take the amount of money given to FT students in the form of scholarships, free ticket back to their home country once a year, bursaries, living expenses, etc. you should not be surprised to find that it averages much more then the pittance $500 for each sinkie.

Yeah foreigners get much more than $500 but Singaporeans always forgiving and grateful for whatever little given. Recently I heard from a few Singaporean friends who say PAP is changing. How to interpret that?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Recently I heard from a few Singaporean friends who say PAP is changing. How to interpret that?

PAP is changing? Sounds about right, the sycophants are laying in wait and ready to pounce when the time is ripe.

jw5

Loyal
The pappy sycophants are lying in wait and ready to change party when the time is ripe. :p

PAP is changing? Sounds about right, the sycophants are laying in wait and ready to pounce when the time is ripe.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappy sycophants are lying in wait and ready to change party when the time is ripe. :p

sinkies are opportunists, backstabbers and betrayers, and will conveniently jump to the winning party when the occasion warrants abandoning ship. not sam and i. we are loyal and hardcore to the very end. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope so although I interpret as they are saying PAP is changing for the better. None of you hear the same from your friends? Why are people so happy with one off pioneer package, the new medishield thing etc?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I hope so although I interpret as they are saying PAP is changing for the better. None of you hear the same from your friends?

Teehee... Those folks whom I had kopi with, all waiting for their 血汗钱 from their CPF, they spit at the idea of Medishield Life, what do you think?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teehee... Those folks whom I had kopi with, all waiting for their 血汗钱 from their CPF, they spit at the idea of Medishield Life, what do you think?

I see that is where the difference. The few friends whom I heard from are working in comfortable jobs and way below 55, don't appear bothered with CPF return and one of them is looking forward to the new medishield, say it is a must have haha. Perhaps must wait till people in their 50s and finding it difficult to keep up with working then people mindset will change. Anyway it is people's descendants who are affected by their choice today.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm in favour of a government that is non-pap. :smile::smile::smile:

I'm in favour of any government with a LEE in charge. The LEEs are an exceptional family and without them, Singapore is doomed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah foreigners get much more than $500 but Singaporeans always forgiving and grateful for whatever little given. Recently I heard from a few Singaporean friends who say PAP is changing. How to interpret that?

Shows the PAP is successfully in bs. That's why WP should step up efforts to pin the PAP down on the issues. Can't wait till elections to launch attack. Some groundwork needs to be done, otherwise PAP will have established a strong beachhead comes election time.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
you know the detail on how moe is going to spend this $12.1b?

you know malaysia 21% is spending on the children or white elephant contracts awarded to "friends and families"?

When u are called on the carpet, you change the goal post. We are talking about Singapore. Not malaysia. Why do you care what the malaysians spend their education budget on? Its the malaysian taxpayer's money. If they want to allow their govt to give it to friends and families, its not our business. Our business is to ask why the budget keeps getting bigger even though our birth rate is at a record low (meaning less students in the education system). This is a logical question. Less and less students caused by declining birth rate cannot result in a record education funding. Are they giving every singapore student a guaranteed paid spot in the uni of their choice? NO. Are they sending tons of sinkies students overseas on free scholarships? NO. Are all school fees for primary and secondary students waived? NO. Then, why do they need so much money? If you fail to see this logic, then go and get your brain examined. How much of these education funding has been diverted to non singaporeans in the form of scholarships and bursaries, etc. Did the WP ask these relevant questions?

Lets say that they did and that they phrased it in exactly the same way I stated above. THEY ENDE UP VOTING FOR IT ANYWAY. How fake can you be? Show the conviction of your argument and vote against the budget. You will not derail the passing of the Budget but you would have made a moral stand.

Last edited: