• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$40 MILLION of TAXPAYERS hard earned funds to correct a mistake by LTA???

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Questions would have to be RAISED in Parliament over the SimplyGo issue.

Although S$40 Million would be a SMALL sum when compared to Singapore's annual budget for social expenditure which is in BILLIONS, EACH HARD EARNED TAXPAYERS support to taxes - direct & indirect must be EMPIRICALLY ACCOUNTED for.

That S$40 MILLION did not came from the Minister-in-charge's pockets,
but from EVERY single hardworking gainfully employed citizens & even retirees to support CRITICAL social expenditures such as education, healthcare, etc, & EVERY day, there are cries for help from citizens & their loved ones for horrifically high rise cost of such. That S$40 Million would not had save all, but it could at least saved some....

1. WHO created the SimplyGO cards & stands to benefit from it?

2. Were there EMPIRICAL results from market surveys & market tests to ensure that it would be universally adopted by ALL citizens, or at least the MAJORITY?

3. WHO was the one who was responsible who convinced others that SimplyGo is necessary & mandatory without empirical results?

4. Was there NO other way for LTA to spend S$40 MILLION of hardworking taxpayers funds to ensure that older cards can still be used?
EVERY SINGLE CENT counts, as such ARE NOT LTA or ANY govt ministers savings, BUT taxpayers.

5. Will there be FURTHER checks & balances over any more govt implementations upon citizens, - COSTS, surveys, marketing, empirical & conclusive results of results?

Ultimately, the insignificant nobody me point is this - was FISCAL PRUDENCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT exercised in Ministries? This is NOT Ah Kong's money that they can freely used as seen fit, & when mistakes are made, Elected Legislators, Civil servants, etc, have to CRACKED their minds to make up the shortfalls, & eventually - citizens pay higher taxes, direct & indirect....

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the 40mil is not really to direct correct a mistake.
Simplygo was implemented sometimes back and supported by vendor.
LTA wanted to decom ezlink and move everything to simply go , so that they need not spend 40mil for vendor to continue support ezlink.
Since sinkie kpkb they have no choice but to let vendor earn the 40mil thru sinkie own pocket.

The mistake was implementing simplygo which was definitely more than 40mil.
And now we have a redundant system to support.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, the insignificant nobody me have no issues with the SimplyGo card, on the rare occasions that I used it. But for many others, there are problems reflected by citizens feedback, & such are NOT insignificant which causes MORE delays & confusion that the card was intended to eradicate.

Make NO mistakes - innovation DO costs money, regardless if it was the older EZ link cards or the newer Simplygo cards.

Ultimately, to adopt & adapt to innovations, the reigning PRINCIPLE is that a SOLUTION MUST NOT create MORE problems, which sadly, Simplygo had caused to some if not most.

Were market studies even researched before implementation. & the costs for implementation involved?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If tat is afraid of empress dowager words, he should decom simplygo instead of having double system.
Becos he doesn't want to accept lost bet, end up will bet more and lose more.
We never hear sinkie kpkb about ezlink de woh

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mere me understand where you are coming from.

Singapore practices Free Market policies, & comprehensibly, vendors whom TENDER for projects would have to show abilities to resolve problems at lowest costs, more so for govt tenders where each tenderer are scrutinized not only for costs, but viabilities for SUCCESS to achieve aims, to serve our Nations at the BEST costs, as such funds came from hardworking taxypayers.

As mentioned before in my earlier posts, should SimplyGo achieved such aims at lower cost to social expenditure than EZ link, fine & good.

However, REALITIES of SimplyGO is far different than promises made at TENDER point that did not achieve aims.

My point is not & never to blame ANYONE. No mortal is perfect. A solution is needed - is there anyway that SimplyGo can incorporate functions of EZ link cards, but at a lower cost than EZ link? After all, it is just another AI function to show cost of travel, & that algorithm is not gonna cost much, just MORE additional data storage space that cloud servers could offer....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This fiasco is just to justify some useless jiakliabee department and indian chief. Namely, invent a problem that does not exist. Then invent a solution to replace the invented problem. And now we have this cock up. I rather just pay cash. Drop a few coins in a machine at the depot and top up my card. Sooner or later, some asshole is going to hack the system and all our financial information will be compromised.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, the insignificant nobody me have no issues with the SimplyGo card, on the rare occasions that I used it. But for many others, there are problems reflected by citizens feedback, & such are NOT insignificant which causes MORE delays & confusion that the card was intended to eradicate.

Make NO mistakes - innovation DO costs money, regardless if it was the older EZ link cards or the newer Simplygo cards.

Ultimately, to adopt & adapt to innovations, the reigning PRINCIPLE is that a SOLUTION MUST NOT create MORE problems, which sadly, Simplygo had caused to some if not most.

Were market studies even researched before implementation. & the costs for implementation involved?

Tiagong , those IT chaps , whoever they are ,
are using SG as a testbed for future
generation of Mass Transit Cards ...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
1706061840863.png

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be fair to Transport Minister Chee.

The decision & push for FINALGO on SIMPLYGO lays with the PREVIOUS Transport Minister, whom had made several dubious & controversial decisions during his tenure, but had the good sense to resign.

Now, Transport Minister Chee had to clean up the mess made by the previous Transport Minister & would need our support, hopefully to see & live better days...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Agreed. Lta need to bear the cost of making wrong decisions.
what shit are u talking about? LTA money is our money too. They are a govt entity. the only way u can make this right is to go into the CPF account of all the decision makers and the team that put this crap out there, and drain it to pay for the $40 million. Then fire them. u got to hurt them in the pockets

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
what shit are u talking about? LTA money is our money too. They are a govt entity. the only way u can make this right is to go into the CPF account of all the decision makers and the team that put this crap out there, and drain it to pay for the $40 million. Then fire them. u got to heard them in the pockets
I mean freeze their pay/bonus etc until it accumulates 40mil.
You're right. Lta money is our money.
That was the reason I fark one lta executive for bossing me around during one of the tender when the company I worked for won the tender. I told that farker - do you know your salary is from our pocket :geek:
Those gov projs directors and executives like to behave like big boss one.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40 mil is sup sup sui for those jiakliaobees, compare to the various kaput investments in India and China, and FTX etc. :wink:

They won't lose sleep spending (squandering) money that is not their own hard-earned money, and they know it is easy-peasy to squeeze Sinkies dry to recoup those losses. :cool:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean freeze their pay/bonus etc until it accumulates 40mil.
You're right. Lta money is our money.
That was the reason I fark one lta executive for bossing me around during one of the tender when the company I worked for won the tender. I told that farker - do you know your salary is from our pocket :geek:
Those gov projs directors and executives like to behave like big boss one.
When gov ministries award projs to pte companies, they will have a person in charge of the proj. And this person normally is director level minimum but mostly are young exec in their late 30s.
And they are all the scholars.
Probably they were told to draw clear line between vendor and client relationships.
You can never or they will never work with you like friends. Even they treat you like friends, don't be taken in. They can anytime stab you when incidents happen to save their own arse. But this will not happen becos they draw clear line.
Same for all I guess.
I have so far encountered lta, gov tech, mha, min law. All are Farking cheebye bastard one