• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious want to cook sharkfin soup at home

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have several cans of sharks fins and abalone at home. Even if armageddon comes, the Tan family will continue to wine and dine. Bon appetit!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corn starch.

2 types of starch. Corn and topical.

Topical more shinny and less starchy.

traditionally i will soak the big fin for few hours. then leave it to boil over small fire . add crab meats,dry scallop vinger ,pepper and some starch(forget what starch)
once the fragrance fish smell is out, i know is ready.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add whiskey or brandy....slurp slurp

Add Japanese mirin, a special kind of cooking wine. I believe Daiso, Donki and Isetan have it.

No Chinese cooking condiment can replicate its taste.

DTThzXZWAAAp81M.jpg

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
traditionally i never use any stock or msg for the soup base.just plain water and some dry scallop.however will try some fresh chicken wings as soup base this time.

Open a can of abalone...slice the abalone thinly and add the abalone water from the can to the stock.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There aren't too many natural predators of sharks, you have to control their populations to keep the beaches safe for tourists. :wink: