• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious want to cook sharkfin soup at home

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
got craving for sharkfin soup.
saw ntuc freezer selling freeze shark fin at reasonable pricing.
want to ask what is the flour that is used to make the soup sticky starchy?
other than putting some sea maw and sea cucumber, what can make the soup more delicious?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
other than putting some sea maw and sea cucumber, what can make the soup more delicious?
Corn flour will do.
Can add in crab meat not crab stick.
Add in egg.
Fish maw and sea cucumber should take out.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
How u prepare the sharkfin?
When it still a big piece.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh..wash then steam sharkfin for 10mins.
Depends on how much.
traditionally i will soak the big fin for few hours. then leave it to boil over small fire . add crab meats,dry scallop vinger ,pepper and some starch(forget what starch)
once the fragrance fish smell is out, i know is ready.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shark fin is basically tasteless and just take on the flavour of the stock that it is cooked in. The shark fins just add texture.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shark fin is basically tasteless and just take on the flavour of the stock that it is cooked in. The shark fins just add texture.
traditionally i never use any stock or msg for the soup base.just plain water and some dry scallop.however will try some fresh chicken wings as soup base this time.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
traditionally i will soak the big fin for few hours. then leave it to boil over small fire . add crab meats,dry scallop vinger ,pepper and some starch(forget what starch)
once the fragrance fish smell is out, i know is ready.
Have to steam the fin first.
Some steam it with ginger slices ( optional )

Dry scallops needs to boil a little longer.
Unless it wet scallops.
Dry scallops can boil with soup first.
If not it be hard and taste still not pull out yet.