• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vacation Ideas - Ask & Share

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. what i did was some free & easy thing in england back in 2009.
2. got myself and small entourage a comfortable rental car for 3 weeks.
3. drove ourselves silly from london to many parts of england.
4. plymouth to birmingham, midlands, the entire london, lake district etc.
5. even dine at one of princess di's favourite italian eateries in richmond.
6. of course, not forgetting the countryside cottage stay and strolls along the rich english country roads and lanes.
7. what really sucks! did not get a chance to watch a mu match there live!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually U can buy it in Europe. I was in Europe and my Eurail pass and passport got stolen. I managed to purchase another one at the Train station. It's a bit more exp to buy it in Europe though

hi there

1.bro, no offence.
2. are you the same chub featured in the profile?
3. just curious!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If de world dun end at 2012...me gonna plan a long holiday to silkroad @ 2013...:biggrin::biggrin:

Hey brother, that's one of my dream vacation. Unfortunately, none of my relatives are game enough. My wife is totally out as she is a little lion inside our room but a little mouse once out of it. Do remember to check out those central Asia countries like ubekistan, takjistan and whatever rambutans. The travel books are showing very nice scenaries of those places with even more stunning looking girls. You can consider doing it the railway route. Seat51 is a good website to get started

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1.bro, no offence.
2. are you the same chub featured in the profile?
3. just curious!

Not sure what U are referring to. The Sammyboy Profile pic is the guy who announce the Election results. The fat dude in my blog avatar, yeah that's me. If you have any question regarding my real ID, please direct all questions to my personal assistant, Dankos

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never been to Taiwan before. Maybe try next time. But my usual idea for a vacation is Thailand. Cheong ah! :biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never been to Taiwan before. Maybe try next time. But my usual idea for a vacation is Thailand. Cheong ah! :biggrin:

will try to up you again later.............

alamak............spare a thought for those poor Thai girls lah...........if they're your daughter or sister, how you feel ?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
will try to up you again later.............

alamak............spare a thought for those poor Thai girls lah...........if they're your daughter or sister, how you feel ?

Don't worry. I don't go for young innocent girls being forced or pawned into this. I go for seasoned professionals who are in this willingly and happily, many times even cunningly. Worry for yourself before you worry for them. Cheers!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not sure what U are referring to. The Sammyboy Profile pic is the guy who announce the Election results. The fat dude in my blog avatar, yeah that's me. If you have any question regarding my real ID, please direct all questions to my personal assistant, Dankos

hi there

1. don't worry i have nothing against the pic on your personal profile.
2. no further question too!
3. thank you.

dankos

fat ass,

personal assistant your lancheow lah. tiu.

i consider myself doing a good deed. perhaps some fat dinosaur will like your profile. maybe 1 day u can really find your true love.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unfortunately, none of my relatives are game enough.

Actually...u can opt 4 de package silkroad tour org by regular tour agency...it wasn't tat hardcore...but of course de more hardcore oso usually mean de more u see...comfort level of lodging and food wise...of course cnot compared to city tour...:biggrin::biggrin:

No way 2 see de entire route in 1 go becoz it start frm xi ann and end at Rome...:p:p

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think Silk Road not easy to DIY. Once you get to Central Asia, language and transportation is going to be a huge problem. I think some places along the route can DIY, some better to follow tour

jw5

Loyal
The 2 places in our trip that we regreted not spending enough time there were, Sun Moon Lake and Jiufen. We were there in the daytime and missed out on the sunset and the night view which would have been very beautiful. Try the cable car rides and the near vertical climb up the mountains will bring some thrills for those action seekers. Jiufen seems to be very crowded with tourists and if you do not want to take the long journey bus there, you might want to visit Danshui instead.

Jiufen is much more interesting than Danshui.
It's a place that just keeps going up and up with nice eateries and shops selling interesting knick knacks.
Can even spend a night in one of their small homestay hotels.

Danshui is a nice beach-like resort town, but the main thing there is to eat their fishball keropok. :o
Sun Moon Lake is indeed very beautiful, there are some amusement parks nearby as well.

Go Taiwan must also climb Yangming Shan, go to the place with sulphur (sorry can't remember the name) and go to the museums. Most importantly, go to the night markets. :wink:

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If de world dun end at 2012...me gonna plan a long holiday to silkroad @ 2013...:biggrin::biggrin:

Did it in 2004. Two weeks travelling with tour group.
Best tour I have done. Like travelling back in time.
Suggest to do it soon cause the chinese are fast modernising the place - culture, language and all. Just like what they are doing to Tibet.
Idiots are homogenising the world country. What a waste.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jiufen is much more interesting than Danshui.
:wink:

I guess we failed to see the beauty of Jiufen because of it was raining from morning to late afternoon, from Taipei all the way to Jiufen. Imagine the inconvenience of walking in the ascending narrow lanes in Jiufen with everyone carrying an umbrella. I will visit it again next time and stay the night.

Has anyone been to Sapa before? How is the place and how many days should we spend there?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Think Silk Road not easy to DIY. Once you get to Central Asia, language and transportation is going to be a huge problem. I think some places along the route can DIY, some better to follow tour

I guess the whole journey should be ok for yourself since you are quite an adventurer :biggrin:. Seen your sky diving pics as posted by Dankos. Have you tried the sky walking on the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess the whole journey should be ok for yourself since you are quite an adventurer :biggrin:. Seen your sky diving pics as posted by Dankos. Have you tried the sky walking on the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Can see the Skydiving Video here

And nope didn't go up the sky bridge. I have a serious problem with heights.

I like going around exploring places. Even when I get loss I just end up seeing more of the city. Funniest story was when I drove in Melborne I took a wrong turn and ended up at the Melborne Zoo instead of the Hotel so I visited the zoo instead. I usually travel alone and the advantage of traveling alone is it forces you to talk to pple. Meet pple from different parts of the world. It helps that I have a job that allows me to fly all over the place. The frequent flyer miles doesn't hurt either

So far traveling to places where I don't speak the language haven't been a major issue but for places like Central Asia I believe transportation will be too much of a pain to overcome. In any case the Silk Road is not on my radar yet although I want to make a trip to Iran and Turkey.

My immediate plans is South America. I am saving my money and leave for next year. Will spend about 1 month in South America. My current plan is to go to Rio de Janeiro, Machu Picchu, Galapagos Island, Easter Island, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires. Probably have time for 1 or 2 more locations

My fall back if the South America Trip doesn't materialize is Scandinavia and Russia.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go Taiwan must also climb Yangming Shan, go to the place with sulphur (sorry can't remember the name) and go to the museums. Most importantly, go to the night markets. :wink:

I love the Gugong Museum in Taipei. The artifacts there are amazing.

BTW have U been to Keng Ting? My TW Colleague kept telling me damn nice but havent had a chance to go

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did it in 2004. Two weeks travelling with tour group.
Best tour I have done. Like travelling back in time.
Suggest to do it soon cause the chinese are fast modernising the place - culture, language and all. Just like what they are doing to Tibet.
Idiots are homogenising the world country. What a waste.

Yalor...heard de Crescent Moon Lake Oasis is drying up leow...few more yrs down de road noting left 2 c...
natural_wonders_china_crescent_-moon_lake_oasis.jpg

nitelife there goot anot? ... :confused: :smile: :p
We aw heard bout it in jokes...now got chance 2 feel wat's like 2 bonk camel...:biggrin::p:p