• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Selena Lee Joins Charmaine Sheh in “News Anchorwoman”​

Selena-Lee-1.jpg

Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) is confirmed to star in TVB’s News Anchorwoman < NEWS新聞女王>. Rounding out the powerful cast will be Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Shaun Tam (譚俊彥). Selena Lee (李施嬅), Samantha Ko (高海寧), and Regina Ho (何依婷) will portray anchorwomen fighting for the primetime spot.

Produced by Chung Cheng (鍾澍佳), filming will start in March, lasting about half a year. Dramas revolving around the news network are often seen in South Korea and the United States, but this is the first time TVB is embracing the genre. No stone is left unturned in regards to the script and costume design. TVB will also hire a movie crew to help with art direction and lighting. As it is a collaboration with China, the filming method will follow their standards.

Shaun will portray Charmaine’s love interest, while Kenneth plays Charmaine’s news partner in the primetime slot. Kenneth’s character is witty and very adept at building his network connections, so he often competes with Charmaine. As filming for the drama will not start until March, he is currently planning and doing a lot of research for his own wedding with Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯). The couple is happy that a lot of wedding sponsors have approached them.

Samantha will play an intelligent and cheerful morning news anchor. As Kenneth’s protégé, she is trained by him to become Charmaine’s replacement. As her character does not have any financial backing from her family, she can only rely on herself to get what she wants. “Every industry will have interpersonal conflicts. The drama will show the good and malicious side of humans, so it’ll be fun!”

Selena plays Kenneth’s ex-girlfriend, who has an honest personality with a tough exterior. Although she is passionate about work and has strong moral principles, things change as events unfold. Experiencing a health scare with a severely weakened immune system, Selena had stopped work completely last year. “It was really scary and I was very anxious. Now, I will try my best to schedule work accordingly and relax. Knowing that Chung Cheng is the producer makes me relieved, as we won’t have overnight filming and we’ll have enough time to rest. Even now, I am still monitoring my health.” Selena looks forward to working with the producer for the first time. “

Another reason why Selena agreed to the role was the chance to work with Charmaine again. They had worked together in When Easterly Showers Fall on the Sunny West <東山飄雨西關晴>, Can’t Buy My Love <公主嫁到>, and Beyond the Realm of Conscience <宮心計>. Currently on vacation with her husband Anson Cha, Selena is still reading through the script to prepare for her new role.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rosita Kwok’s Thanks Andrew Lam for His Mentorship​

Rosita-Kwok-1.jpg

Get On a Flat <下流上車族> was TVB’s sleeper hit of 2022, winning multiple drama and acting accolades such as Yahoo Asia Multiverse Buzz Awards and TVB Anniversary Awards. Rosita Kwok (郭柏妍) was one of the biggest breakout stars last year, which she thanks veteran artiste Andrew Lam (林敏聪) for his mentorship on set in helping her acting improvement.

When Rosita won TVB Most Improved Actress, Andrew was one of the happiest people that night. Portraying father and daughter in Get On a Flat, they were praised for their realistic interactions as a family. Initially on set, Andrew found Rosita as dry as a “piece of chicken” and “she couldn’t cry.” However, the actor found Rosita to be a quick learner. “After I gave her some tips, she improved a lot. There was a scene where I went over to her new home to visit, and all three takes were useable! She’s now ready for any drama set.”

Although Andrew had injured his leg and did not want to go to the TVB Anniversary Awards, he attended with a cane. Andrew replied that he had especially come to support Rosita, otherwise he would not have attended the ceremony.

Possessing a bubbly excitement and vitality, Rosita has a very likable personality and has formed close friendships with the cast and crew of Get on a Flat. She is grateful for producer Kwan Man Sum (關文深) in casting her, and the support and encouragement she received from Andrew, whose acting made Rosita realize “the need to continue learning.” She added, “Elena Kong (江美儀) has always treated me as a daughter on and off cameras, so I am very thankful for her advice.”

Currently filming police drama Death Reminder <奪命提示>, Rosita will be working with former costar and rumored boyfriend Karl Ting (丁子朗) again. With lots of action scenes and a romantic storyline with Karl, Rosita hopes to show a new side of herself onscreen as her new year is off to a fast start.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Cecca Xu Walking Away from Miss Hong Kong 2022 Runner Up Title?​

cx1-1.png

After winning Miss Hong Kong 2022 runner-up, Cecca Xu (許子萱) has rarely attend TVB promotional events. The reason is being reported that Cecca is unable to stand the pressure of being in the entertainment industry and is in negotiation with TVB to break her contract.

Once considered a hot favorite to win the pageantry, Cecca was accused of making a sour expression when she accepted her runner-up award. Although Cecca insisted that she was happy with the result, she stopped appearing in public events since November and did not appear in the Lunar New Year Gala.

As Cecca had difficult time since the pageantry, the beauty queen had been taking frequent trips to destress and asked TVB to terminate her contract. In response, TVB allegedly approved her absence as long as Cecca fulfills her runner-up duties and pass off her crown in this year’s pageantry. According to insiders, TVB did not want to find a substitute for the coronation event as it may hurt the pageantry’s image.

Cecca allegedly already made up her mind to cut off ties with the pageantry and is looking forward to regaining her freedom. A rumor is circulating that Cecca is heading to Mainland for a project and TVB is compelled to respect Cecca’s decision. As a result, Cecca and TVB agreed that Cecca is only required to attend lucrative events otherwise, she is not required to show up.

Cecca and Netizens Had a Heated Exchange
Many netizens have noticed Cecca’s absence and left messages on her social media page, “Why are you missing from TVB events when all the other three Miss Hong 2022 winners are there? Are you taking a long vacation?”

Some netizens criticized Cecca for her poor work ethics and chided her inability to fulfill her Miss Hong Kong runner-up duties, “Poor character! TVB was right to not crown you as the champion.”

Cecca did not stay silent and gave a sharp response, “Anti-fans are not welcome here. If you don’t like it, you can leave.”

Unfortunately, Cecca’s response only fueled netizens’ energy and they responded, “Hahaha, did I hit the target? You failed your obligations. Such poor character!”

The media tried to contact Cecca and TVB for a response but neither responded to the request.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

How Shiga Lin Keeps Her Romance With Carlos Chan Fresh​

Shiga-Lin8.jpg

Despite being busy preparing for her wedding in April, Shiga Lin (連詩雅) released her new song “He is Not You”<他不是你>. Asked about her perspective on relationships, Shiga believes it is critical to show gratitude and never take a significant other for granted.

“It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been together. Don’t forget to be grateful for everything he’s done for you. Don’t take things for granted…. You have to try to give romantic surprises to the other person. You don’t have to do it all the time or go all out, but it’s a way to keep things fresh,” Shiga advised.

Friends are excited for Shiga and Carlos Chan’s (陳家樂) next milestone in life. At an earlier event, Alice Chan (陳煒) seemed especially protective towards Shiga and wrapped her arms around Shiga’s waist when they were taking photos, which prompted pregnant speculations that she quickly denied.

Alice joked, “It’ll be easy for her to get pregnant. The feng shui master said to expedite things, she should not call her cats and dogs as her children. She needs to give them a name and leave some quota for herself!”

Shiga shared that the feng shui master had reminded her that the kitchen is very important for the female owner of the house as it will affect their financial luck, so the kitchen must have a rice container. “A lot of times I don’t wash my dishes right away and leave it until a few days later, so I will pay more attention to this in the future.”

Asked if she sought advice on how to conceive, Shiga said she did not ask the feng shui master. Instead, she asked him when she can hold a concert and he said that there is a chance she will venture outside Hong Kong in 2023. When asked if she prefers to get married first or hold a concert, she replied that she wants to hold a concert first and have Carlos can be her guest performer.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Kate Tsui Spotted on London Subway​

Kate-Tsui-2.jpg

Kate Tsui (徐子珊), 43, officially announced her departure from the entertainment industry in 2019, ending a 15-year career to pursue a PhD degree in Psychology in Europe. Just as fans wondered about the actress’ recent whereabouts, Kate was sighted in London.

After winning Miss Hong Kong 2004, Kate quickly became one of TVB’s hotly promoted fadans. In 2015, she enrolled in a professional design and gemology course, creating her own brand of jewelry. She later completed a Master’s of Psychology degree from the University of Hong Kong while working. She graduated in 2019 and announced her plans to leave the entertainment industry..

Selling her home in Residence Bel-Air for $17.6 million Hong Kong dollars, Kate seemed resolute in leaving Hong Kong for good. However Kate’s plans were delayed when the pandemic hit.

She has since turned her Facebook and Instagram accounts to private status, and has not updated her Weibo since June 2019. The last time she was seen in public was a rare public appearance at a charity fundraising gala in Malaysia last April. Wearing a strapless black dress, Kate still has the fit physique and charisma of a celebrity.

Recently, a netizen excitedly shared that they bumped into Kate on the London subway, “I was on the subway and suddenly found myself staring at Kate Tsui when I looked up! We held eye contact for a few seconds. She was very tall and beautiful; my heart was beating like crazy the entire time!” Kate was with a friend at the time, and she was dressed casually but this did not hide her fit physique.

Kate’s fans continue to miss her dearly, and diligently leave comments every year wishing her a happy birthday. Quoting the ending song of her drama Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>, fans wistfully asking her, “Have you been happy these past thousand days? Have you been busy every day?”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung and Boyfriend Open Bakery Together​

katy-love.png

Actress Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) has remained single these years while watching good friends Grace Chan (陳凱琳) and Zoie Tam (譚凱琪) surpass her in marriage and parenthood milestones. Revitalized by a new romance, the Treasures of Destiny <新四十二章> actress recently hinted at finally leaving singlehood behind!

Can’t Wait to Answer Maternal Longings
While she remains tight-lipped about her new boyfriend’s identity, likely to protect the budding romance, the 33-year-old went as far as saying that she hopes to have a baby in the year of the rabbit, which naturally evoked much speculation from the public!

Working on her career for the past fourteen years, Katy’s acting abilities have been acknowledged in productions such as Death By Zero <殺手> and Brutally Young 2.0 <十八年後的終極告白2.0>. Despite gaining greater recognition in the current fadan drought at TVB, Katy missed an opportunity to earn a TV Queen nomination for her meaty role in Treasures of Destiny last year, when the drama was switched out at the last minute.

Things might be looking better in the romance department for the actress, as recent Chinese New Year gathering video shared by good friend Grace Chan saw Katy standing close to an unidentified man in a red shirt. The two did not shy away from posing together in the reunion photo taken at the same meetup. All smiles, Katy held on to Grace’s newborn while her companion stood closely behind, flashing a huge grin with a victory sign.

Helped Finance Boyfriend’s New Patisserie Outlet
With netizens hot on his heels, the man’s identity was quickly nailed down as Japanese patisserie chef Tetsuya Matsuoka (松岡哲也), a former model-turned-chef who grew up in Nagasaki, with prior modelling experience in Tokyo. Tetsuya eventually stayed on in Hong Kong after a modelling gig in 2013, when he got to know fellow Japanese who were keen to start a cake business locally by coincidence. Doing well, his cake business now has a presence of two branches in Causeway Bay and Tsim Tsha Tsui, with a collaboration with departmental chain store Sogo.

According to insider sources, Katy had not only forked out money for a new bakery outlet with Tetsuya, but would also head down to the shop personally to help with desserts-making! The sweet girlfriend would also brew nutritious soups for Tetsuya, who spends up to 12 to 15 hours daily in the kitchen as patisserie chef. Grace was said to have introduced the two, while it is rumored that the tall and suave Tetsuya has previously dated actress Angel Chiang (蔣家旻) before Katy.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Jacqueline Wong is Making a Comeback on Valentine’s Day​

jw124.png

Hong Kong actress Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎) has largely disappeared from the entertainment industry following her cheating scandal with Andy Hui (許志安). After a long break that includes ending her contract with TVB, the actress makes a surprise announcement that she is releasing a new song “Crown Me” and shares a 20-second trailer.

With her damaged image, Jacqueline’s announcement on her social media caught netizens by surprise. The music video trailer shows that Jacqueline has opted for a sexy image as she dances in a slip dress behind the backdrop of an auction house. The short trailer ends with a snapshot of the music label’s name, Sumthing – a play on words on Jacqueline’s Chinese name and suggests that Jacqueline may have created her own music label.

As many netizens wait to see Jacqueline’s comeback, netizens have discovered that Jacqueline has deleted most of her old photos on her Instagram page. Leaving just 10 photos on her page, many netizens believe that Jacqueline is signaling that she wants a fresh start with her comeback.

Jacqueline’s upcoming comeback follows Andy Hui’s return to the entertainment industry. Although Andy Hui’s image also took a nosedive after the scandal, the singer signed with Universal Studio last year to resume his singing career.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tony Leung is Grateful to Have Carina Lau As His Manager​

tlc.png

Hong Kong crime thriller When the Wind Blows <風再起時> was first announced in 2017 and it made many fans excited to see Tony Leung (梁朝偉) and Aaron Kwok (郭富城) appearing on the silver screen together. While the film was ultimately delayed several times, Tony was not bothered and depends on his wife Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) as his manager.

Although Tony merges his personal life and professional life by working closely with Carina, Tony believes there are benefits to this arrangement, “She knows exactly what I like. Communication is easier.”

Tony shares that the two have a tacit understanding when they are choosing a script, “Sometimes when she receives the script, she will email it to me. If I like it, I will film it. If I don’t like it, I will drop it. I only either like or dislike the script. Since there is rarely any middle ground, we rarely argue.”

Tony on Finding the Right Script
As an established actor, Tony is often on the hunt for well-written script and admits having to turn down many scripts in recent years, “Sometimes I can’t read the script after a few pages or sometimes I don’t like the story at all. I always think filming is due to fate and I don’t know when I will come across something I really like. However, lately, I have accepted more movies because there are things I want to try.”

With a relaxed mindset, Tony shares that it was fate that brought him to the cast of When the Wind Blows. Tong explains, “When deciding whether to accept the project, I often talk to the director first. If I feel good about it, I would want to give it a try. I need to be able to trust the director. “

Tony continues, “This time, I read the script first and then told director Yung Tsz Kwong (翁子光) that I wanted to his work. I then watched his work, Port of Call <踏血尋梅> I thought it was quite interesting and that his story about a police officer in the 60’s would also be very unique.”

In When the Wind Blows, it follows the power struggles between two police officers played by Aaron and Tony. The characters are based on real life people and inspired a film. However, Tony shares that he deliberately charted his own interpretation of the character and did not deliberately compare to any previous works.

Connecting with the Character

Tony reveals that he enjoys revisiting a different time period and finds a connection through his character, “My character does not have big ambition. He likes to play the piano and shoots guns. He loves a woman but never expresses it. These moods are similar to mine so it was hard not to get invested in the role.”

Tony also likes how the film shows a glimpse of Hong Kong’s past and provides a journey to revisit time, I think this film has such intentions. It writes about the experiences of people in this era. Through some special edit, it comes together like pieces of a dream. The director has his own unique style. The characters are neither black or white. Everyone is just trying to survive in this era.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Kelly Cheung Shares How She Pursued Her Boyfriend​

Kelly-Cheung-boyfriend.jpg

Produced by Virginia Lok (樂易玲) in collaboration with Shaw Brothers, variety show A Foreign Lover (搵鬼做情人) will cover multicultural relationships. Celebrity guests such as Kelly Cheung (張曦雯), Kathy Chow (周汶錡), Michael Wong (王敏德) and his wife Janet Ma (馬詩慧) will talk about relationships with their significant others.

Starring in the first episode, Kelly shared a particularly interesting story about the origins of her relationship with her Japanese-American boyfriend of three years, Mark Brunjes. Meeting him at a bar 10 years ago, Kelly perceived Mark as her ideal type from the very beginning. Taking initiative to pursue him, Kelly even went as far as showing up where he would be and pretended it was a coincidence. As fate would have it, the couple did not start dating until years later. Currently living together, they have no plans of getting married and instead want to focus on their careers.

A Foreign Lover will also feature former supermodel Kathy’s marriage with wealthy French husband, Julien Lepeu. They have been married for more than a decade and have two sons, Jacques and Avner.

Chinese-American actor Michael has been married to his wife, Janet, since 1992 and the couple have three children together. The guests will share tidbits on how they maintain their relationship, compromise on daily habits, and have similar and different values.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Charmaine Sheh to Film “News Anchorwoman” in March​

Charmaine-Sheh-1.jpg

When Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) agreed to film News Anchorwoman <News新聞女王>, TVB gathered an all-star cast to ensure the drama would be a big success. Most prominent are three Best Actors, Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Shaun Tam (譚俊彥), and Joel Chan (陳山聰) starring opposite Charmaine.
The female cast is also notable, featuring Samantha Ko (高海寧), Selena Li (李施嬅), Venus Wong (王敏奕), and Regina Ho (何依婷).

When asked about his special appearance in News Anchorwoman, Joel excitingly said, “Technically, I haven’t received my official notice yet and I’m still working on Killing Notice <奪命提示>. It doesn’t matter if the character is important or not, as long as there’s a chance to work with Charmaine and Selena!”

When the media said the role is probably something he has never done before, Joel happily exclaimed, “That’s even better! I love trying new roles, I love the challenge!”

Venus Praises the Storyline
Wrapping up filming for Virtual Lover <虛擬情人>, Venus is set to start filming for News Anchorwoman next month. Praising the script, Venus said, “I really love the screenplay, it’s definitely one of the best ones I’ve come across in the last few years…. I can already tell that my role is challenging, but I’m confident to showcase a different side of Venus Wong.”

On working with her seniors, Charmaine and Selena, Venus added, “I’m really excited and hoping filming would start soon. I really want to showcase the series to Hong Kong viewers.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Crystal Fung Returns to HKU for Master’s Degree​

Crystal-Fung.jpg

Miss Hong Kong 2016 winner Crystal Fung (馮盈盈), 28, is rumored to have fallen out of favor with TVB in the past year but she has denied allegations of being frozen. Although she is still a contracted artiste, the large decrease in jobs and exposure speaks volumes.

With less filming projects, Crystal decided to dedicate more time to furthering her education. In a new social media post, Crystal revealed that she was in a study group and tagged The University of Hong Kong. She captioned her post with “unity is strength,” sharing that she has returned to her alma mater for a master’s degree.

In July 2022, Crystal suddenly revealed that she was studying for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, which indicated an interest in a career in finance. It is said that TVB has been accommodating with Crystal’s decision to return to university, and will not be booking her any dramas and variety shows so that she can focus on school. However, she will continue to accept jobs with a lighter workload such as filming commercials.

Netizens speculate that Crystal is paving the road for her departure from TVB. However, Crystal clarified that the current master’s degree she is pursuing is a continuation of her undergraduate degree in food and nutrition studies. “It’s my dream to get a master’s degree. Currently, I do not have plans to change careers. Thanks to everyone for their concern! Learning is an endless journey; I hope everyone can continue to live and learn until old age!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Charmaine Sheh Shares Producer Ambitions​

charmaine-1.png

Attending a promotional event, actress Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) shares how she has been preparing for her comeback TVB drama News Anchorwoman <NEWS新聞女王> and reveals her dreams of turning producer!

Charmaine the Producer-to-Be?
Several Taiwanese artistes including Vivian Hsu (徐若瑄), Peter Ho (何潤東) and Ruby Lin (林心如) have been entering the ranks of behind-the-scenes production with varying degrees of success. Amongst them, Ruby has achieved both commercial and critical acclaim with Netflix series Light the Night <華燈初上>, in which she both co-produced and starred in. Earning 11 nominations at the 57th Golden Bell Awards, the main cast of the three-part series surged in popularity on the back of its success.

Having stayed put in the mainland to work on continuous Chinese projects since her head-turning performance in Story of Yanxi Palace <延禧攻略>, Charmaine is finally back in Hong Kong to film TVB heavyweight drama News Anchorwoman. It turns out that the 45-year-old is not content staying at the top of her game – but also has ambitions to join the industry’s actress-turns-producer league!

“There’s many things to prepare for, I’ve (a few) stories, but shall have to settle on a general direction first, it’s quite the challenge!” Charmaine shared with excitement, adding that she will focus on refining her plans after wrapping News Anchorwoman.
Mastering the Art of Speaking Naturally on Camera

With filming starting mid-March, the A-list actress is already working hard on portraying her news presenter role convincingly. “It’s always about not looking at the cam(era) when we act, but now it’s the opposite, plus (I) have to sound as natural as I can, so I have been practising at home into a camera,” Claiming that she still has a lot of honing up to do, she share that she has been tuning in to countless news programs from all over the world!

Informed about many TVB artistes eagerly recommending themselves to the drama’s production crew in hopes of co-starring opposite her, Charmaine humbly replied that she is unaware of the news, but gives special mention to Joel Chan (山聰) who spontaneously mentioned about landing a role as early as a year ago, so the two could renew their onscreen collaboration – a dream which has come true, to her surprise!

Asked if she was also staying behind in Hong Kong to care for her mother this time, the single actress replied, “There’re many reasons, because the script is really good, it’s been a long time since I pro-actively asked the producer if the script for the next season is ready.”

Other cast members include Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Shaun Tam (譚俊彥) as well as Selena Lee (李施嬅), Samantha Ko (高海寧) and Regina Ho (何依婷).

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rumored Wedding Bells for Laurinda Ho & Shawn Dou​

laurinda-shawn.png

Going public about their romance in 2019, actor Shawn Dou (竇驍) and Macau casino heiress Laurinda Ho‘s (何超蓮) relationship appeared to be smooth-sailing. Contrary to recent talk, wedding bells are likely to be on the cards for the high-profile pair, who are reportedly planning a romantic April wedding in Bali, close to Easter day!

Wedding of the Century
Already planning their nuptials for a year, the lovebirds are said to be spending a lavish HKD$50 million on their dream wedding with every detail ironed out to perfection, allowing a 2-day stay on the Indonesian destination for lucky wedding guests!

Besides family and friends, over a hundred celebrities and esteemed guests will turn up for the wedding of the century, with extremely stringent security — even guests who have received invites will need to have their identities ascertained before gaining entry. Besides splurging on the venue and decor, Laurinda has reportedly spent millions on a custom handsewn wedding dress from a luxury brand as well as on stunning jewellery pieces for her big day!

Shawn Sparing No Expenses on Betrothal Gifts

Rumored to be on the guest list are the bride’s good friend, singer G.E.M/Gloria Tang (鄧紫棋), who is expected to hype up the wedding with her vocals, Renee Lee (李蘊), JW, Twins, Fiona Sit (薛凱琪); while Shawn has likely invited many Chinese actors from the industry. Sources say that the invitees have already turned down work assignments in order to witness the matrimony of the two, while the couple has thoughtfully arranged for five-star accommodation and air tickets for their family and friends to ensure related expenses are taken care of!

According to insider sources, the pair initially considered venues included French Chateaux, their alma mater in England and also Portugal, but eventually settled on Bali as they both adored sunshine and beaches. Having put off plans until now as Shawn delayed his formal proposal due to busy acting schedules, the lovebirds have already flown to Japan for an advance honeymoon.

Besides traditional Chinese delicacies the likes of abalone, sea cucumber and shark’s fin, groom-to-be Shawn is said to have prepared gold and diamond pieces worth over tens of millions for the important custom, to the delight of his future mother-in-law Ina Chan (陳婉珍).

Meanwhile, Laurinda’s twin brother Orlando Ho’s (何猷啟) ex-wife Gigi Tsai (齊嬌) was spotted moving back to Hong Kong with their two daughters. Making her presence felt on social media, Gigi has been sharing gorgeous photos of herself with much frequency.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Dayo Wong’s “A Guilty Conscience” Breaks Box Office Records​

A-Guilty-Conscience.jpg

Starting Dayo Wong (黃子華) in the lead role as an arrogant and sharp-tongued attorney, dark comedy A Guilty Conscience <毒舌大狀> premiered to stellar reviews. In theaters for four weeks, the film grossed over $100 million Hong Kong dollars and broke records as the highest grossing local film in Hong Kong box office history.

The stellar results show the local audience’s eagerness for high quality Hong Kong productions, despite recent years of stagnant growth. Director and screenwriter Jack Ng (吳煒倫), who was also behind 2021’s biopic Anita which was based on the life of Anita Mui (梅艷芳), said, “My biggest wish is for there to be another Hong Kong film soon that will break the record we set. Records are not meant to be kept, but rather to be broken. This proves that audiences can regain their faith and belief in the Hong Kong film industry. I hope that more people will go support and watch Hong Kong films in theaters.”

As the leading actor for A Guilty Conscience, Dayo shared his sentiments, “A Guilty Conscience has become the box office leading film of all time in Hong Kong history. How did that happen? I never thought this could happen in my entire life. I’ve imagined someone handing me a bag full of cash randomly on the streets, or giving me a brand new car, or even the deed to a property. However, I never imagined that I would be given the opportunity to star in a film that would make history and set records. It will take me some time to fully understand how I’m feeling. It feels like I grew wings.”

Still digesting on why viewers love A Guilty Conscience, Dayo said, “Why is the film so well-received? I read an online comment which shocked me. This person said he had never watched a Hong Kong film before seeing A Guilty Conscience. We were able to attract him to go see the film. It’s difficult to attract viewers like that. I hope we will be able to attract more people to give Hong Kong films a chance. I’m very grateful to the audience.”

Other casts members of the record-breaking film also expressed their gratitude for viewers’ support, including Tse KwanHo (謝君豪), Louise Wong (王丹妮), Fish Liew (廖子妤), and Renci Yeung (楊偲泳).

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Mat Yeung Promises to Take Care of Lisa Chong​

matt-lisa.png

Sticking together through life’s ups and downs, actor Mat Yeung (楊明) and long-time girlfriend Lisa Chong (莊鍶敏) were said to have delayed their marriage plans when Lisa’s father Ch’ng Chong Poh (莊寶) was hospitalized this year.

Making known her father’s peaceful passing on Instagram in a recent post, Lisa expressed her gratitude to the team of doctors and staff who cared for her dad in his final days and announced that the funeral proceedings will take place on March 9. Penning their tributes, Lisa as well as her sisters Jacqueline (莊思明) and Mona (莊思華) described their dad as a “respected hero” and “greatest dad in the world”, hoping they will be family in their next lives.

Tells Father-in-Law He Will Love & Pamper Lisa
With their steady romance, Matt was photographed bringing soups daily on his daily visits when his prospective father-in-law fell ill. In a tribute on Instagram, the 42-year-old shared remembrances of the Malaysian tycoon, writing, “Uncle, thank you for your love and guidance all these years. I remember you really liked to smile and enjoy food, your laughter, smiles and little actions are all really cute, you are a truly happy spirit and your gentlemanly manners have all left an imprint in my heart, I really can’t bear to have you leave, hope you are truly free and happy.”

Ending off his post with a heartfelt promise to his long-time girlfriend, Matt wrote, “Don’t you worry, I will surely take good care of Lisa, to make her feel as pampered and loved as you will. I really can’t bear to part with you (heart emoji) Miss you!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Donnie Yen Says Western Media Only Shows China’s Negative Side​

donnie.png

Set to premiere on March 23, John Wick: Chapter 4 will see Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen (甄子丹) join the cast that includes Keanu Reeves and Hiroyuki Sanada, as a blind killer in boundary-pushing fight sequences!

Calls Out Lack of Press Report on China’s Strengths
Interviewed by the press, the 59-year-old shared how he has visited many countries, which allowed him to make comparisons of these with China. He then pointed out how China’s modern image is never picked up in reports by Western press, “Whether (it is) the development of highways or buildings, or the convenience of daily living, these countries are not as advanced as China, but media outlets like BBC, CNN do not ever report on these,” Having given up his US citizenship, the action star said that he is currently in China.

Initiated Changes to His Character’s Name, Clothes

As one of the most sought-after Chinese film stars in Hollywood in the recent decade, Donnie expressed how he has received numerous Hollywood movie offers and has turned out films the likes of Expendables and the Superhero-themed Aquaman, on a few considerations including whether his character is too stereotyped, on whether the film respects Chinese culture, and importantly, whether the project allows him to showcase his creativity. Summing up his reasons for turning the two mega productions, Donnie shared that he would rather spend time with his family, and bluntly puts, “Not worth (me spending) my time”.

On the fourth John Wick installment, Donnie affirmed that the movie accorded him the creative space he wanted. Voicing objection to his character’s original name of “Shang” or “Chang” in the script, Donnie voiced, “Why does it have to be these kinds of names? Even the costumes are the boring Tang suits, (when) everyone in the film should be very stylish,” Eventually, Donnie’s character had his name changed to “Caine” and is seen in the trailer in a modern suit.

Asked about his once-acting partner Michelle Yeo unlocking ceilings for Asian artistes in Hollywood with her sweep of prominent acting awards, Donnie expressed that he is elated and said, as “There will be many others like Michelle Yeoh, who regardless of obstacles or challenges, continue to keep thinking, and continue moving forward.”

Catch Trailer for “John Wick: Chapter 4”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Gaile Lok is Divorced for the Second Time​

Gaile-Lok-5.jpg

Divorcing Leon Lai (黎明) in 2012, model Gaile Lok’s (樂基兒) still wanted to have a family. Marrying organic food entrepreneur Ian Chu in 2017, Gaile gave birth to their first child one year later. However, the couple could not work out their lifestyle differences and are said to have already separated.

Six months ago, Gaile reportedly got divorced and discreetly moved back to Hong Kong to revive her career as a model. The rumors began when Gaile posted a photo of her and her son, Hunter, and captioned, “Time is precious when you co-parent.” As co-parenting is a term typically used to describe divorced parents who both agree to continue to equally participate in their children’s upbringing, it is believed that Gaile and Ian may have ended their relationship.

Separating on peaceful terms, they agreed to remain equally involved in caring for and raising their son. Although residing in the United States while married to Ian, Gaile moved back to Hong Kong and started modeling again.

Her management company remained vague and stated, “Please ask Gaile directly if you have any questions.” However, Gaile has not responded to any media inquiries yet.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Carlos Chan and Shiga Lin Take Wedding Photos in Japan​

Shiga-Lin-Carlos-Chan.jpg

In preparation for their upcoming April wedding, Carlos Chan (陳家樂) and Shiga Lin (連詩雅) flew to Japan to take their wedding photos. Although Carlos has been busy with work and left most of the wedding planning to Shiga, he specifically arranged to have their photos taken in Japan, which holds a special place in Shiga’s heart.

Growing up in a single-parent household, Shiga was brought up by her mother, who spent 20 years living in Japan and has dual Japanese citizenship. Shiga also grew up taking her mother’s Japanese surname.

The couple was spotted by fans during their photoshoot on the streets of Shibuya. Shiga looked beautiful in a white, ball gown wedding dress, while Carlos looked dashing in a classic suit and bowtie. Shiga revealed how she was talked out of her initial wedding photo plans, “I wanted to cosplay as Sailor Moon, but my friends thought it was a bad idea. I also considered renting a factory and setting up a beach and camping background for the wedding photos.”

When contacted by the media, Carlos shared, “Wedding preparations are well underway. Since I was busy filming movies and dramas earlier, Shiga has been the primary planner. Now that I am finished with work, we are both working hard to finish up final touches for wedding preparations. We were in Japan for one week, in which we spent two days doing the photoshoot.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Kenneth Ma and Natalie Tong’s “Invisible Clan” Premieres on March 6​

Invisible-Clan-6.jpg

Starring Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), and Joel Chan (陳山聰), anti-terrorist drama Invisible Clan (隱形戰隊) will begin airing on March 6. The trailer looks exhilarating and rivals effects from local action movies!

Natalie, who often stars in soft-spoken and demure roles, will portray a feisty officer and have a romantic storyline with Kenneth. On the other hand, Kenneth, who has always starred in morally righteous roles, will portray a complex character with an abundance of action scenes. Although this will be their fifth time collaborating, the distinct change in their roles will bring new surprises to their onscreen chemistry.

Citing the biggest difficulty being his action scenes, Kenneth exclaimed, “The action scenes are quite intense, with each punch hitting the flesh. It’s real fighting. It’s safe to say that the audience has not seen me in this kind of role before. These past few years, I’ve primarily starred in professional roles such as doctors and police officers. I hope that my character in Invisible Clan will bring a sense of freshness.”

Joel, who stars as the captain of the police tactical unit, will share a romantic storyline with Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇). Due to his action-heavy scenes, Joel spent half a year undergoing special physical training for the role. Although he has always been fit, Joel gained increased muscle mass and a bulkier frame. Joel shared, “I had to gain weight, so I trained to increase my muscles. In addition to a larger frame, my neck has also bulked up. Although having to wear heavy uniform in the summer is quite challenging, most importantly, the effects come out great and believable.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rosita Kwok and Karl Ting Spend More Time Together​

Rosita-Kwok-Karl-Ting.jpg

TVB costars frequently fall in love, and Karl Ting (丁子朗) and Rosita Kwok (郭柏妍) may be the latest couple after costarring in last year’s hit series Get On A Flat <下流上車族>.

There are just too many coincidences to count. The pair attended Miss Hong Kong contestant Massie Kwong’s (鄺美璇) wedding together. While she was Rosita’s close friend, Karl had no known ties with Massie.

Appearing on The Scoop <東張西望>, Rosita seemed very comfortable gripping Karl’s waist while attempting to do sit ups amid the cast’s snickers.

Karl Seen Wearing Rosita’s Accessories?
Karl and Rosita attended the Clockenflap Festival, an annual music and arts festival which finally resumed three years after the onset of the pandemic. Rosita posted a video on her social media where she was seen making a necklace with feathers. In Karl’s video, he was seen wearing the exact same feather necklace that Rosita had made.

Rosita also shared photos of Amber Tang (鄧卓殷) and her boyfriend Arnold Kwok (郭子豪) at the Clockenflap Festival. With no photos of Karl on her Instagram, netizens believe that she left him out on purpose to not draw attention to their relationship.

However, TVB seems happy to capitalize on Rosita and Karl’s rumors, as they were cast as a couple for the second time in Death Notice <奪命提示>. Flustered and awkward when she was asked about collaborating with Karl again, Rosita simply said their mutual understanding and collaboration has improved. To shake off suspicions, Karl calmly added, “Of course – when you spend a lot of time with someone, you gain a deeper understanding. After seeing them day and night, you eventually get to know them well.”