• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tray return - PAP government loses battle, imposes martial law

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The evil serpents who design polices of hawker centre issues should have their daily three meals in at least two
hawkers before they put dish out their out of this world solutions.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have no issue returning trays. In fact at busy Hawker centres you’ll probably have to clear your own trays. But seriously why are people not thinking about, how to clear tables more quickly via some kind of automation, how to quicken food preparation… something good for everyone?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Make cleaner job more attractive​

May 18, 2022

The easing of Covid-19 safe management measures in Singapore has led to more customers dining at foodcourts and hawker centres.
Recently, when I was at a hawker centre in Sengkang and a foodcourt in VivoCity, I saw that a lack of workers at both places had led to tall stacks of dirty plates and trays.
Given the foreign manpower crunch, the situation at our hawker centres and foodcourts is going to get bleaker.
Steps should be taken to make the cleaners' job more attractive to groups such as seniors.
More welfare perks could be introduced to enhance the package, such as giving cleaners one free meal from any stall on a day that they are working or giving them discount vouchers when they fulfil a certain period of service.

Chia Eu Foong

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just implement demerit system for each uncleared table after "x" minutes.
And then fine the contractors. Case closed.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ofcourse filthy peasants should do it. They are not human. Make them mop the floor too. You see if the rich have to return trays at restauramts, you bloody sinkie

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your Picture: Visible lack of cleaning manpower at hawker centre​

imgonline-com-ua-FrameBlurred-bEQw50GxuDvkJC2.jpg

The writer saw a full tray return area at a Geylang Bahru hawker centre. PHOTO: HO SEE CHEK

SEP 29, 2022

I was at a hawker centre in Geylang Bahru on Monday, and saw that the tray return area was full and not being cleared quickly enough.
I wonder if this lack of manpower to clear the area is due to the cost of foreign worker levies and the need to meet foreign worker quotas.
This is not the clean and organised Singapore that I know.

Ho See Chek

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Diner in viral video gets warning for not clearing glass, drink can from hawker centre table: NEA​

IMG8122.JPG

Patrons of Singapore’s hawker centre, coffee shop and foodcourts are required by law to return their used trays and crockery. PHOTO: ST FILE
Christie Chiu

Oct 17, 2023

SINGAPORE – National Environment Agency (NEA) enforcement officers have issued a warning to a diner at Tekka Market and Hawker Centre because he did not clear his glass and drink can when he left the table.
The clarification by the agency comes after a video was posted on TikTok last Friday of the diner confronting two NEA officers who told him to clean his table.
Patrons of Singapore’s hawker centre, coffee shop and foodcourts are required by law to return their used trays and crockery.
The video posted by user @khuranasahib_pb04 has amassed more than 320,000 views and been reposted on multiple social media platforms.
In the video, the diner can be heard asking the officers: “You’re saying to me if I dirty the table, I’m supposed to wipe the table?”
One officer replies that the diner is supposed to clean the table before he leaves.
The dispute continues as the three argue over what the definition of “cleaning” the table is, with the diner saying that it is his duty to return his tray, crockery and utensils but not wipe the table down.

The 1min 35sec video ends with the officers insisting that the diner must wipe the table if he had dirtied it while eating. The diner then thanks the officers for the clarification.
The video raised heated debates online about whether it is fair to expect hawker centre patrons to clean their tables on top of returning their trays.

One netizen asked what would happen to diners who did not have tissue paper to clean the table.
Another said: “What if the table was dirty in the first place?”
On Tuesday, NEA said in a Facebook post it was aware of the video being circulated online and encouraged diners to “keep the table clean as a gesture of courtesy to the next diner”.
“While diners are not required to wipe the tables after use, we would like to remind diners that no one should leave behind any litter on or around the tables. These include tissues, wet wipes, drink cans, shells and bones,” it said.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New rules? Toa Payoh coffee shop cleaner allegedly scolded diner for not returning cup properly​

New rules? Toa Payoh coffee shop cleaner allegedly scolded diner for not returning cup properly

The tray return station at 28 Super Coffee Shop in Toa Payoh.
PHOTO: Facebook/Jeslyn Leong, AsiaOne
Lim Kewei
PUBLISHED ON JANUARY 25, 2024
ByLIM KEWEI

It is expected for diners to return their trays and crockery after their meal at a coffee shop or food court.
But one woman was left frustrated after a coffee shop cleaner allegedly shouted at her for not placing her cup at a specific return area.
Taking to Facebook page Complaint Singapore last Sunday (Jan 21), diner Jeslyn Leong shared that the cleaner at a Toa Payoh coffee shop had "created" a rule where used cups must be returned to a specific area.
"I tried to leave it at the tray return area but he shouted at me," she wrote, adding that she paid no heed to the latter's demands.
"The National Environment Agency implemented the tray return policy and we followed accordingly. But the cleaner abused the system."
The diner elaborated in the comments that while she agrees the job of a cleaner is not easy, the cleaner had reportedly treated her in a "very rude" manner.
Believing that a tray left behind by a previous diner belonged to Leong, the cleaner had also allegedly shouted at the woman to return the tray.
"This cleaner is very rude! I have eaten there multiple times but he always shouts at customers," commented a netizen.
AsiaOne also found a recent Google review deeming the cleaner in charge of the tray return station as "super rude". It is unclear if the reviewer is referring to the same cleaner who had allegedly shouted at Leong.
AsiaOne has reached out to Leong for more information.

Cleaner counselled, being monitored daily​

When AsiaOne visited the Super 28 coffee shop at Toa Payoh Central on Wednesday afternoon, the abovementioned cleaner was not working. Diners were observed placing dirty cups and dishes together on the tray return station.
A coffee shop staff candidly shared with AsiaOne that the cleaner has been working for less than a year and is known to have a bad temper.
While the staff said she was not present at the time of the confrontation, she believes that the cleaner might have impatiently tapped on the station to gesture to where diners should place dirty cups.
Speaking to AsiaOne, a coffee shop supervisor there, who only wanted to be known as Ayuni, said that the cleaner had previously wanted to resign but was persuaded to stay.
She added that she had explained the situation to the cleaner and is now monitoring his performance every day.
Ayuni also told Shin Min Daily News that another diner had complained about a similar incident around two months ago.
To prevent misunderstandings, the supervisor said she has advised the cleaner to minimise his conversations with diners.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Martial law…. lol.

Well better stick to what they do best. Impose heavier fines to generate more income for the dwindling coffers. Everything is solved by fines and jail, so much so that it’s getting ridiculous!

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Martial law…. lol.

Well better stick to what they do best. Impose heavier fines to generate more income for the dwindling coffers. Everything is solved by fines and jail, so much so that it’s getting ridiculous!

Anything not working impose fine, lidat need expensive ministars, Skolar to do? Kumlan

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AF1QipPAG8BsSU8hozQ_l5LmQ6D_zvP5VkS8NZlP5TRa=s0

Looks like another non-aircon food court.

The real kopitiams are all but extinct. You might actually need to go to Malaysia to see what a real kopitiam looks like.

This was a real kopitiam:

6096784288_9fe8a65387_b.jpg
6096242421_39aa15f286_b.jpg

If daft Sinkies can be gaslighted into thinking that kopitiams and non-aircon food courts are the same, they definitely are dumb enough to believe that real hawker centres are the same as these newer fake 'hawker centres'.

Hawker Centres Managed by NEA-appointed Operators

https://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-fu...er-centres-managed-by-nea-appointed-operators

1Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre
2Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre and Market
3Ci Yuan Hawker Centre
4Fernvale Hawker Centre and Market
5Hawker Centre @ Our Tampines Hub
6Jurong West Hawker Centre
7Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre
8One Punggol Hawker Centre
9Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre
10Senja Hawker Centre
11Yishun Park Hawker Centre
12New Upper Changi Road Blk 208B (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)
13Old Airport Road Blk 51 (51 Old Airport Road Food Centre and Shopping Mall)
14Toa Payoh Lorong 5 Blk 75
15Whampoa Drive Blk 90 (Whampoa Drive Makan Place/Whampoa Food Centre)
16Whampoa Drive Blk 91/92 (Whampoa Drive Makan Place/Whampoa Market)
17Yishun Ring Road Blk 104/105 (Chong Pang Market and Food Centre)

Most of them didn't exist in the early 2010s.

NEA seeks ‘socially conscious’ operators to run 2 new hawker centres​

December 21, 2016
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-conscious-operators-run-2-new-hawker-centres

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You voted for them every 5 years. Obviously, you must be very happy when you went to the ballot box among the many delusional sinkies.

I am very happy to vote PAP as overseas singkee because i want to skrew local singkees for next 5 yrs, wake them up to leave this country. See how noble i am

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issue returning trays. In fact at busy Hawker centres you’ll probably have to clear your own trays. But seriously why are people not thinking about, how to clear tables more quickly via some kind of automation, how to quicken food preparation… something good for everyone?
There are already automatic machines in some hawker centres cleaners themselves stop it cause it apparently cause same problem inside the washing station

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your Picture: Visible lack of cleaning manpower at hawker centre​

imgonline-com-ua-FrameBlurred-bEQw50GxuDvkJC2.jpg

The writer saw a full tray return area at a Geylang Bahru hawker centre. PHOTO: HO SEE CHEK

SEP 29, 2022

I was at a hawker centre in Geylang Bahru on Monday, and saw that the tray return area was full and not being cleared quickly enough.
I wonder if this lack of manpower to clear the area is due to the cost of foreign worker levies and the need to meet foreign worker quotas.
This is not the clean and organised Singapore that I know.

Ho See Chek

when the tray return area is full then they will start clearing it.