• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Operasi at second link MY to Sg

early morning at 230am, happily exit jb for home, kena stuck on the bridge(ciq for nearly 3 hours), pukima

The jam started from Singapore Custom all the way the JB custom. Singapore custom closed 4 lanes due to a BMW 5 series caught fire.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jam is still pretty bad apparently even today during weekday

Not surprising. School holidays + new procedures. There are now 2 barriers at passport counter. 1 original barrier at the front of passport counter, and 1 at the back. On average, it probably takes another 10-20 sec per car to go through passport clearance now.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not surprising. School holidays + new procedures. There are now 2 barriers at passport counter. 1 original barrier at the front of passport counter, and 1 at the back. On average, it probably takes another 10-20 sec per car to go through passport clearance now.

The additional increase now is actually from last time you still need to go for check later, I understand what you notice, because the queue is pushed back now but trust me, net effect is savings in time. They already trialed the system before setting up the new system.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Additionally , the Malaysian must use up the free VEP before these free pass expire on 31 dec 2015 .

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

The new method should theoretically reduce cross border check time. Definitely shorter time.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The new method should theoretically reduce cross border check time. Definitely shorter time.

I tried to wake up at 330am and leave my place at Bukit Indah @ 4am. Reached SG Custom 430am and #%#%$#^$ need to Q for about 30minute.

What the Heck is happening to Singapore's ( past ) world renowned efficiency after the old man kick the bucket?? The standard is now worse than the Malaysian... *Shake Heads*

No wonder Microsoft opened their data centre in Kulai instead of Singapore.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

These few days the bike jam at Woodlands Checkpoint also crazy....the Aetos people completely screw up the area...end up motorbikes also occupy the car lanes!:mad:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Tuas Checkpoint uniformed has completely lost it. They have surrendered their control & authorities to the jam and Q cutters.

Imagine at 5am plus, 3 lanes become 5-6 lanes. Power? And if u wind down your car window u can grab the motorbike chap by his neck. Its so near. And the Atrocious Q-cutters are not using middle lanes to cut to the right lanes. They use the LEFT BUS / LORRY lanes to cut into middle lanes and then to right lanes!

The bikes have a field day honking.

Singapore Customs have completely LOST the war

These few days the bike jam at Woodlands Checkpoint also crazy....the Aetos people completely screw up the area...end up motorbikes also occupy the car lanes!:mad:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Tuas Checkpoint uniformed has completely lost it. They have surrendered their control & authorities to the jam and Q cutters.

Imagine at 5am plus, 3 lanes become 5-6 lanes. Power? And if u wind down your car window u can grab the motorbike chap by his neck. Its so near. And the Atrocious Q-cutters are not using middle lanes to cut to the right lanes. They use the LEFT BUS / LORRY lanes to cut into middle lanes and then to right lanes!

The bikes have a field day honking.

Singapore Customs have completely LOST the war

Imagine having to wait until next year for some hoped for relief....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...er-clearance-for-motorcyclists-at-checkpoints

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont believe they will reduce the congestions and jams. You see, with due respect to "Singaporeans" here, one of the reasons why the perennial jams persist, like it or not, is because our immigration chaps are all locals. When there is no FT, there is no competition and the efficiency drops.

Yah right , just employ 4 Malaysian can do the job of around 20~30 locals . Was crossing the JB customs , only 2 lane with total 4 counters in operation , no jam and smooth flow . When I hit the SG customs , jam was like 3km ! There were around 10 to 15 officer checking , maybe another 10 to 15 officer chop passports. No wonder our productivities always negative . :biggrin:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it extremely peculiar.

At 4am we hit Malaysia custom at 2nd link and the 4 counters ( 2 each at one cluster ) chaps were either sleeping or yawning. Indeed, traffic is almost zero and that is why they are so tired. However when we approach Tuas, the jam is about 30 cars already. I really do not understand what is wrong with our system and efficiency now

Yah right , just employ 4 Malaysian can do the job of around 20~30 locals . Was crossing the JB customs , only 2 lane with total 4 counters in operation , no jam and smooth flow . When I hit the SG customs , jam was like 3km ! There were around 10 to 15 officer checking , maybe another 10 to 15 officer chop passports. No wonder our productivities always negative . :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Syrian migrants are coming to Malaysia. Good to check more thoroughly.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it extremely peculiar.

At 4am we hit Malaysia custom at 2nd link and the 4 counters ( 2 each at one cluster ) chaps were either sleeping or yawning. Indeed, traffic is almost zero and that is why they are so tired. However when we approach Tuas, the jam is about 30 cars already. I really do not understand what is wrong with our system and efficiency now

Malaysian passport got embedded micro chip. They are elctronically validated at MY side. That's one faster way of processing.
SG side all need to be stamped.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all boils down to how inept and inefficient lhl and all his yesmen paper generals are, managing from their ivory tower..

malaysia boleh liao!!!!!!!

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in a coach. Stuck in the jam at 2nd link for almost 2hrs. No thanks to those motorists who used the "bus" lane.