• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Operasi at second link MY to Sg

It can be quite misleading, showed empty at tuas once but big epic jam later not shown...

No, the camera views on Causeway and Tuas are real time so what you see online is exactly that way.
But because the Malaysian CIQ in the 2nd Link is 2 km away inland so camera cannot capture the traffic situation there so, be surprised!

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal

I broke my personal record for the amount of hours stuck at Tuas 2nd link heading to malaysia on 07 Aug (Fri),I reached singapore custom at 8am and clear both custom at 2pm (Total 5hrs ).Damn power...see a lot ppl come down and pee... ladies as well, crossing the road using umberlla if not inside the car,that was how bad the jam was.
However coming back on the 09 Aug (Monday) via Tuas was a breeze at 12pm.

Pillow

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, the camera views on Causeway and Tuas are real time so what you see online is exactly that way.
But because the Malaysian CIQ in the 2nd Link is 2 km away inland so camera cannot capture the traffic situation there so, be surprised!

There is another way to check traffic. Go google map..go setting - traffic...type woodland checkpoint or tuas checkpoint ... if thick red line, super jam...thin red line..moving traffic. this is the trick. Traffic camera not zhun at all.

Google map is best. try it next time before you go jb...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone got link to the Malaysian traffic cameras?
I remember that the Malaysian side also got traffic cameras.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

New clearance procedures for incoming car traffic at Woodlands checkpoint. Check boot 1st, before proceeding for passport clearance. This is causing a big jam currently for incoming traffic to SG.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

New clearance procedures for incoming car traffic at Woodlands checkpoint. Check boot 1st, before proceeding for passport clearance. This is causing a big jam currently for incoming traffic to SG.

Cock lah you, this way actually more efficient, check while you wait to enter immigration, old way was wait to clear immigration, then wait again to clear customs.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cock lah you, this way actually more efficient, check while you wait to enter immigration, old way was wait to clear immigration, then wait again to clear customs.

Haha I just spent 1 hr 15 mins to clear, when usually it takes 30 mins on Sats. There's a lot of considerations in immigration clearance, including the no of Malaysian cars, which will affect the flow. But I wont expect you to know the intricacies lah.......

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yr condition is only applicable when there is a jam.
7 peanuts and lao kao, either eat 4 peanuts in the morning or choose 4 in the evening.:p

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like this new method would be more efficient in terms of traffic clearance.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha I just spent 1 hr 15 mins to clear, when usually it takes 30 mins on Sats. There's a lot of considerations in immigration clearance, including the no of Malaysian cars, which will affect the flow. But I wont expect you to know the intricacies lah.......

Then if the are other considerations, don't anyway shoot the new system, it is this better than waiting twice.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah the new sys is really "great". Try it out when u r free.

Been there done that.....in my mind I said why took them 50 years to think of this, you are welcome to ask them to go back to the wait twice system, sit in your car jammed to get to the immigration booth, instead of them checking your boot, you rather sit there and not let them do anything to help you clear faster....give me your car plate number, next time I arrange immigration and customs let you slowly clear one by one hor, while others zoom pass you after their passports are checked, you still queuing to get your car checked Rotflmao!!