• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 10 reason why 2 party system is bad

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. All the signs point to his greatest fear that he and his team have to show what they are made of, against real opposition in the parliament.

Reminds me of the last scene of "Gladiator" that Russell Crowe starred in. Phoenix starred as the Emperor, who won the throne in a less-than-honest manner. Here he got his final reckoning by Crowe's Maximus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WTofGYJOdvI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WTofGYJOdvI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of the last scene of "Gladiator" that Russell Crowe starred in. Phoenix starred as the Emperor, who won the throne in a less-than-honest manner. Here he got his final reckoning by Crowe's Maximus.

Yes, I watched "Gladiator" on DVD. Instead of Phoenix, we have a dragon. Same beginning, except the fathers of each of them are on opposite ends of the pole. Would it be too much to expect to see the same finale though? :p

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I watched "Gladiator" on DVD. Instead of Phoenix, we have a dragon. Same beginning, except the fathers of each of them are on opposite ends of the pole. Would it be too much to expect to see the same finale though? :p

I don't expect most Singaporeans wouldn't think its too much, I must say. But the Lee actions, using history as a guide, are usually the very same ones which will bury their own selves in the future.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't expect most Singaporeans wouldn't think its too much, I must say. But the Lee actions, using history as a guide, are usually the very same ones which will bury their own selves in the future.

In that case, I am hoping that this will happen in my lifetime. Nothing else beats the pleasure of witnessing their end including all the evil things they have done to others to happen to them. :biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate LKY is talking, he's giving some people enough ammo for the future...sad to say its probably LHL and his eldest son(if and when he gets into politics) getting all of it.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate LKY is talking, he's giving some people enough ammo for the future...sad to say its probably LHL and his eldest son(if and when he gets into politics) getting all of it.

LKY is the biggest culprit but I have no pity for LHL although he may seem to be the lesser of the two evils. The arrogance is in the blood.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is the biggest culprit but I have no pity for LHL although he may seem to be the lesser of the two evils. The arrogance is in the blood.

Well, from what I have seen so far, mathematicians, even those from Harvard, don't make good politicians. Good politicians are usually those lawyers, diplomats, economists, doctors and businessmen.

And since we know LHL was forced into politics because of his father, he remains an uncomfortable politician. He's there because of his father- and because of the money. But his ability is unknown, and thus its unsure whether is he even good management-wise. Already there have been two significant crises in 2008, and he had went totally silent, and even out of sight during the two episodes.

McCain went to D.C hastily in Sept and was chastised. But at least he was around, able to be seen. Obama did turn up also, but insisted that both should be able to do multiple stuff at the same time. But LHL, facing the Mas Selamat episode, decided to disappear entirely and let WKS take all the flak.

If he couldn't appear at all during February for more than 10 days, what's more a real financial crisis that could be fifteen years down the road, and without his father around anymore to help him?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, from what I have seen so far, mathematicians, even those from Harvard, don't make good politicians. Good politicians are usually those lawyers, diplomats, economists, doctors and businessmen.

And since we know LHL was forced into politics because of his father, he remains an uncomfortable politician. He's there because of his father- and because of the money. But his ability is unknown, and thus its unsure whether is he even good management-wise. Already there have been two significant crises in 2008, and he had went totally silent, and even out of sight during the two episodes.

McCain went to D.C hastily in Sept and was chastised. But at least he was around, able to be seen. Obama did turn up also, but insisted that both should be able to do multiple stuff at the same time. But LHL, facing the Mas Selamat episode, decided to disappear entirely and let WKS take all the flak.

If he couldn't appear at all during February for more than 10 days, what's more a real financial crisis that could be fifteen years down the road, and without his father around anymore to help him?

I would really seriously doubt LHL makes a good mathemetician if he is not in politics. Couldn't remember whether in the the late 70's or in the 80's (probably latter) when Singapore went into a recession as against the rest of the world which saw growth. There were ample signs in Singapore that we were heading into a recession but this mathematician kept on insisting that we are still experiencing growth until the real situation hit him in the face like a bullet train.

Yes, everyone notices he has a habit of being MIA for long periods whenever there is a crisis facing Singapore, even as recent as this economic crisis and the losses made by the TC's in minibonds. In all cases, it is noticeable that after a period of silence, the father will be the one who opens his big fat mouth before LHL even utters a squeak. It is as though he is always waiting for a cue from the father before he has any opinion of the situation himself.

Even if he lacks management and leadership qualities, he is already over 50 years of age, for goodness sake. I wonder how much older must he wait so that he can develop a brain of his own. Even a lowly cleaner can be counted on to make decisions for the family.

If the PM and his "Division 1" team consistently keeps completely silent on all critical issues then the question that begs an answer is, who are our leaders? Everyone of them claims they are Division 1 and insist they deserve their salary and more, but what is apparent to the citizens is that they are just twiddling their thumbs waiting for the god-father to open his mouth.

This is extremely sad situation. Singapore leadership seems to depend on just one mortal old man.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would really seriously doubt LHL makes a good mathemetician if he is not in politics. Couldn't remember whether in the the late 70's or in the 80's (probably latter) when Singapore went into a recession as against the rest of the world which saw growth. There were ample signs in Singapore that we were heading into a recession but this mathematician kept on insisting that we are still experiencing growth until the real situation hit him in the face like a bullet train.

Yes, everyone notices he has a habit of being MIA for long periods whenever there is a crisis facing Singapore, even as recent as this economic crisis and the losses made by the TC's in minibonds. In all cases, it is noticeable that after a period of silence, the father will be the one who opens his big fat mouth before LHL even utters a squeak. It is as though he is always waiting for a cue from the father before he has any opinion of the situation himself.

Even if he lacks management and leadership qualities, he is already over 50 years of age, for goodness sake. I wonder how much older must he wait so that he can develop a brain of his own. Even a lowly cleaner can be counted on to make decisions for the family.

If the PM and his "Division 1" team consistently keeps completely silent on all critical issues then the question that begs an answer is, who are our leaders? Everyone of them claims they are Division 1 and insist they deserve their salary and more, but what is apparent to the citizens is that they are just twiddling their thumbs waiting for the god-father to open his mouth.

This is extremely sad situation. Singapore leadership seems to depend on just one mortal old man.

The old man is losing his sanity, losing touch with reality, and slowly losing whatever's left of his judgment. The son doesn't have much of any of it to begin with.

I don't know where to start but its like comparing between being in an oven, or in a frying pan- both ways suck.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old man is losing his sanity, losing touch with reality, and slowly losing whatever's left of his judgment. The son doesn't have much of any of it to begin with.

I don't know where to start but its like comparing between being in an oven, or in a frying pan- both ways suck.

Which brings us to the conclusion that Singapore and its future cannot be entrusted to a family cult, which is finite, with the rest of high overheads hanging around enjoying free lunches. A 2- or multiple party government is urgently in need to bring Singapore into the future.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which brings us to the conclusion that Singapore and its future cannot be entrusted to a family cult, which is finite, with the rest of high overheads hanging around enjoying free lunches. A 2- or multiple party government is urgently in need to bring Singapore into the future.

It'd better to start now. I heard the alternate parties are now doing the footwork that is required for the 2011 elections. I wish them well in this regard.

Still, there's more to do and a long way to go. A good start is a must, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'd better to start now. I heard the alternate parties are now doing the footwork that is required for the 2011 elections. I wish them well in this regard.

Still, there's more to do and a long way to go. A good start is a must, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Glad to hear the alternate parties have started moving. I believe elections will be sooner than 2011. I, too, wish them well and for Singapore's sake we will not be disappointed at elections.

Yes, you are perceptive. It is a marathon.