• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan "suitable candidate", says Goh Chok Tong

zujjkiol

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Michiyo Ishida | Posted: 24 June 2011 2154 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"> </td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpgCJKN3.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"> </td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Mr Goh Chok Tong poses after receiving the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun, at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo (AFP PHOTO / TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA)</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="510"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr align="left" color="#dddddd" size="1" width="510"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" height="30" valign="middle" width="510">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr align="left" color="#dddddd" size="1" width="510"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

TOKYO: Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said former deputy prime minister Tony Tan is an eminently suitable candidate for Singapore president.

"I welcome his announcement he wants to contest in the presidential election," Mr Goh said.

"He is eminently a suitable candidate. Going forward, people will decide who will be next president of Singapore. I welcome his candidacy."

Mr Goh was speaking to Singapore media in Tokyo, after receiving one of the country's highest honours from the Emperor of Japan.

Emperor Akihito presented 10 recipients the highest order of the Japanese decoration -- the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun -- at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

In congratulating them, the emperor expressed his appreciation for the contributions they've made to his country, its society and to its people.

Mr Goh was recognised for his contribution to Japan's launch of its first economic partnership agreement (EPA) with Singapore in 2002.

In addition, he established the Japan Singapore symposium which became a biennial event.

"I felt gratified. Gratified in a sense that, my contribution to Japan-Singapore relations has endured my tenure as prime minister," Mr Goh said.

"It's been seven years since I've stepped down as prime minister and the contribution is recognised by DPJ government for my work done under the LDP government.

"In that sense, this long relationship is recognised by the Japanese government".

Mr Goh was also congratulated by lawmakers he met during his four-day stay in Tokyo, including leaders of the Liberal Democratic Party and the New Komeito.

They discussed Japan's challenges after the March 11 disasters.

Mr Goh asked them to use the lesson Japan has learned from its nuclear meltdown to raise global awareness of nuclear safety, regulations, inspections, expertise and capabilities.

-CNA/wk

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh my Eng lousy. He was our 2nd Prime Minister. :biggrin: Then Now he is the Emeritus Senior minister.

I dimly recalled he was an old Minister who always made wrong predictions. Like Singapore will enjoy Swiss Standards of Living and Singapore will take part in the 2010 World Cup. Paul the famous Octopus who made all the correct predictions of the winners in the 2010 World Cup recently died laughing at Goh. Last I heard he was made top clown minister by calling him SME. SMD or WSD is better as in Senior Minister Demented or Wooden Semior Minister. Last famous words from him "Singaporeans Not Concerned With Ministers' Salary."

As usual, the opposite holds true everytime he opens his mouth. So please bet on the other candidate because SMD (oops I mean SME) Goh is laying his bets on Tony Tan and we all know what will happen.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bastard GCT bull dozed and dispersed Hillview Ave Estate voters after winning the election in 1997 and you cannot trust him to deliver his promise as a PM of Singapore.

Now receving recognition from murderer and invader Japanese bastards made GCT a double bastards.

TOKYO: Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said former deputy prime minister Tony Tan is an eminently suitable candidate for Singapore president.

"I welcome his announcement he wants to contest in the presidential election," Mr Goh said.

"He is eminently a suitable candidate. Going forward, people will decide who will be next president of Singapore. I welcome his candidacy."

Mr Goh was speaking to Singapore media in Tokyo, after receiving one of the country's highest honours from the Emperor of Japan.

Emperor Akihito presented 10 recipients the highest order of the Japanese decoration -- the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun -- at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

In congratulating them, the emperor expressed his appreciation for the contributions they've made to his country, its society and to its people.

Mr Goh was recognised for his contribution to Japan's launch of its first economic partnership agreement (EPA) with Singapore in 2002.

In addition, he established the Japan Singapore symposium which became a biennial event.

"I felt gratified. Gratified in a sense that, my contribution to Japan-Singapore relations has endured my tenure as prime minister," Mr Goh said.

"It's been seven years since I've stepped down as prime minister and the contribution is recognised by DPJ government for my work done under the LDP government.

"In that sense, this long relationship is recognised by the Japanese government".

Mr Goh was also congratulated by lawmakers he met during his four-day stay in Tokyo, including leaders of the Liberal Democratic Party and the New Komeito.

They discussed Japan's challenges after the March 11 disasters.

Mr Goh asked them to use the lesson Japan has learned from its nuclear meltdown to raise global awareness of nuclear safety, regulations, inspections, expertise and capabilities.

-CNA/wk[/QUOTE]

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan conferred that award on Eunuch Goh not Singapore'; hence he should pay his own expenses.
This bloody blood sucker should give back his pensions to the poor.
His policies have failed miserably.

jw5

Loyal
By the way, who is Goh Chok Tong?

Got people call him wooden one.
Wife say someone's salary peanuts one.
Talk about swiss standard of living and more good years one.
Cannot remember slapping incident cos got amnesia one.
Ask financial institutions to try and compensate all investors not just the vulnerable ones one. :o

:biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask financial institutions to try and compensate all investors not just the vulnerable ones one. :o

Thank you jws for sharing the secret 'one critical fundamental' to becoming a succesful lyricist or even a poet!:wink::p:p:p

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yawn.... so predictable...

GCT / LHL : Come Tony give me your hand and we will show you the way... :biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OAAq0bn4h_Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just to add on: A future President of Sinkapore in the making! Now it's Dr TT's turn.