• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan "suitable candidate", says Goh Chok Tong

jw5

Loyal
Just to add on: A future President of Sinkapore in the making! Now it's Dr TT's turn.

A future President of Sinkapore in the making ONE. :biggrin:

No lah bro, don't think he will be.
Firstly, he already has a title - "Emeritus SM".
Secondly, I think he was shocked and hurt by his GE performance.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This all-knowing guy has a pretty smug face and sport a self-satisfied smile. There is little humility in him. It is right that Singaporeans brought him down to earth, and I am sorry it was not good enough to retire him permanently.

jw5

Loyal
This all-knowing guy has a pretty smug face and sport a self-satisfied smile. There is little humility in him. It is right that Singaporeans brought him down to earth, and I am sorry it was not good enough to retire him permanently.

It's all right to have a smug face and a self satisfied smile.
What I can't stand about him is that he likes to "talk".
Swiss standard of living, compensate all investors, etc.
A recent comment he made before the elections was that "All insurance premiums should be made affordable."
Really? Wow, what a brilliant and kind idea. :rolleyes:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's all right to have a smug face and a self satisfied smile.
What I can't stand about him is that he likes to "talk".
Swiss standard of living, compensate all investors, etc.
A recent comment he made before the elections was that "All insurance premiums should be made affordable."
Really? Wow, what a brilliant and kind idea. :rolleyes:

I agree, he is Singapore's biggest NATO guy. He cannot even be a forecaster extraordinaire to save his life as everything he predicted resulted in disaster. He went to Middle-East and after he left making predictions about the good business environment, the despots he visited started to fall like dominoes.

Better he is our enemy than our friend, because if he had predicted our demise, good things may happen instead.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But time heals leh and it helps to have a very thick hide. I'm quite sure he'll vie for the Presidency some time in the future after he gets sick of being ESM. I'm very sure that GCT himself thinks he's Presidential material!:biggrin:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only reason y this TTan is a suitable candidate is only bcos he was among the ranks responsible for screwing sgporeans over & over while he was still in the all white attire.

what did he do well in the eyes of the all white???

education ministry - streaming & retarding the lives of many who today r condemned to be edged by FTs

trade & industry - pushed for productivity that drove our salaries downwards

finance - nothing much to do, except to maintain the value of the dollar

health - privatized hospitals, so that they can roll out cut-throat medical prices

defence - 2.5yrs NS & 13yrs reservist cycle

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the only reason y this TTan is a suitable candidate is only bcos he was among the ranks responsible for screwing sgporeans over & over while he was still in the all white attire.

what did he do well in the eyes of the all white???

education ministry - streaming & retarding the lives of many who today r condemned to be edged by FTs

trade & industry - pushed for productivity that drove our salaries downwards

finance - nothing much to do, except to maintain the value of the dollar

health - privatized hospitals, so that they can roll out cut-throat medical prices

defence - 2.5yrs NS & 13yrs reservist cycle

Wasn't NS 2.5 yrs and reservist 13 cycles even before his time as MINDEF? Remembered my old man doing his last one in Temasek Green in 1984

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
he's suitable bcos he was the man who did best at screwing sgporean lives! farking hell! this TT is not very different from TTdurian... his job was to screw sgpooreans' lives big time.

• when he was in edu ministry, his primary school streaming condemned many ppl's lives
  • when he was in trade & industry, he screwed our salaries introducing productivity formulae, so employers can abuse employees
  • when he was in defence, he introduce 2.5yrs & 13yrs reservist
  • when he was in GIC, our $$$ was burnt in toxic investments

if he become paid-to-idle, do we even think he will open the financial books for accountability?

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't NS 2.5 yrs and reservist 13 cycles even before his time as MINDEF? Remembered my old man doing his last one in Temasek Green in 1984
lanpah la! 2.5yrs NS was introduced somewhere during late 1990s, and was under the hand of TT & his merrymen.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lanpah la! 2.5yrs NS was introduced somewhere during late 1990s, and was under the hand of TT & his merrymen.

oh yeah the 10 high key and 3 low key thingy, 2.5 yrs was for corporals and above. A lot of LCPs cursed and sweared back then when they were about to ORD only to kena one more stripe 1-2 mth before they ORD. :biggrin:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yeah the 10 high key and 3 low key thingy, 2.5 yrs was for corporals and above. A lot of LCPs cursed and sweared back then when they were about to ORD only to kena one more stripe 1-2 mth before they ORD. :biggrin:

basically, those who've undergone post secondary education (JC or Polytechnic) had to serve 2.5yrs... in the past, regardless of ranks & education, all served only 2yrs. in a nutshell, we have a bunch of scolarstic b*st*rds to thank.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basically, those who've undergone post secondary education (JC or Polytechnic) had to serve 2.5yrs... in the past, regardless of ranks & education, all served only 2yrs. in a nutshell, we have a bunch of scolarstic b*st*rds to thank.

No, initially, only those who attended OCT and were commissioned, has to serve additional 6 months, making it 2.5 years. Recruit Course is 3 months and Section Leaders a further 3 months. Sometimes the OCT Course which is a 6 months course, may not coincide so has to hentak kaki for a few months. All in all after commissioning, it may take more than a year leaving the officer with less than a year of service. Hence the increase of length of service, but subsequently that changed to what it is now.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, initially, only those who attended OCT and were commissioned, has to serve additional 6 months, making it 2.5 years. Recruit Course is 3 months and Section Leaders a further 3 months. Sometimes the OCT Course which is a 6 months course, may not coincide so has to hentak kaki for a few months. All in all after commissioning, it may take more than a year leaving the officer with less than a year of service. Hence the increase of length of service, but subsequently that changed to what it is now.
look, OCT or SISPEC, i dont give a shit... the issue is making soldiers (WOSE) regardless of ranks serve 2.5yrs...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look, OCT or SISPEC, i dont give a shit... the issue is making soldiers (WOSE) regardless of ranks serve 2.5yrs...

Bro...if someone comes and make minor corrections to your statements, the least you can check and confirm and accept it. Saying you don't care shit what nonsense you are spouting without proper facts means you not someone worth listening to. If you want your opinions to be heard, try and make valid arguments and factual statements. Don't shoot from the hips guns blazing but with dummy bullets.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro...if someone comes and make minor corrections to your statements, the least you can check and confirm and accept it. Saying you don't care shit what nonsense you are spouting without proper facts means you not someone worth listening to. If you want your opinions to be heard, try and make valid arguments and factual statements. Don't shoot from the hips guns blazing but with dummy bullets.
so, r u correcting for the sake of correcting, or r u agreeing or disagreeing on the issue of 2.5yrs NS while TT was the man in-charge?

if somebody in the earlier days proved their worth to be an officer or NCO (back in those days), and they saw 2.5yrs NS coming their way, it's their choice. but extending NS from 2yrs to 2.5yrs for other ranks bcos they underwent post secondary edu is retarding their entry to university & career opportunities.

be reminded that enlistment back then wasnt in sync with university intake windows. meaning to say, servicemen had to disrupt NS mid-way to enter uni, finish their degree, come back to complete the remaining term in NS... or, they complete NS, wait for the next uni intake the following yr.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so, r u correcting for the sake of correcting, or r u agreeing or disagreeing on the issue of 2.5yrs NS while TT was the man in-charge?

if somebody in the earlier days proved their worth to be an officer or NCO (back in those days), and they saw 2.5yrs NS coming their way, it's their choice. but extending NS from 2yrs to 2.5yrs for other ranks bcos they underwent post secondary edu is retarding their entry to university & career opportunities.

be reminded that enlistment back then wasnt in sync with university intake windows. meaning to say, servicemen had to disrupt NS mid-way to enter uni, finish their degree, come back to complete the remaining term in NS... or, they complete NS, wait for the next uni intake the following yr.

Nothing said about issues. Correcting facts will substantiate issues that you are advocating.

jw5

Loyal

I knew one guy, an ah siah kia who purposely failed his a levels so that he would have only 1 stripe and only serve 2 years.
He then took his a levels again as a private candidate.