• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tong Fong Fatt chicken rice is fucking dishonest, Lanjiao Loong photo found behind stall

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

S$4.50 portion available, but Bedok South hawker asks customers if they want S$5.50 or S$6.50 chicken rice​

Customers should insist on the portion size they are comfortable with paying.
Belmont Lay |
clock.png
August 18, 2022, 09:51 PM
tong-fong-fatt-chicken-rice-price-bedok-south.jpg

A chicken rice hawker stall at Block 16 Bedok South Market & Food Centre has been accused of upselling and foisting onto customers the pricier option without first confirming if that was what they wanted to order.

The incident was first brought to light on the Complaint Singapore Facebook page on Aug. 5, and later reported by Shin Min Daily News, whose reporter did some snooping.

What happened​

According to the original complaint on Facebook, the customer had wanted to order the S$4.50 portion of chicken rice at the stall as stated on the sign board, but was asked if he wanted the S$5.50 or S$6.50 option instead.
tong-fong-fatt-chicken-rice-price-bedok-south-complaint.jpg

And when the stall owner was questioned why it was not S$4.50, the customer was allegedly told that kampung chicken is expensive.

Cheaper option extended to students​

The Shin Min reporter observed that the chicken rice stall owner appeared to adjust his pricing according to who was patronising the stall.
For most customers, the stall owner was asked if the they wanted the S$5.50 or S$6.50 option upon placing an order.
However, the S$4.50 option was offered as a default to a group of junior college students.
The teens told the Chinese daily that they frequent the stall every few days, and that they have always been offered the S$4.50 serving.

Only at Bedok South stall​

This issue of not being offered the S$4.50 serving appeared unique to the Bedok South outlet of the chicken rice chain.
The reporter said other branches patronised offered the S$4.50 option by default.
The 69-year-old chicken rice stall owner at the Bedok South outlet said that the S$5.50 and S$6.50 portions come with more meat than their cheaper alternatives, and that customers should specify in advance if they want the S$4.50 option.
“We’ve always sold (our chicken rice) this way and we haven’t encountered anyone who was unhappy with (this arrangement),” the stall owner added.

What's the difference between S$4.50 and S$5.50 chicken rice?​

The Shin Min reporter then went further and made a side-by-side comparison between the S$4.50 and S$5.50 option.
It was discovered that the amount of rice served was roughly the same, but the pricier option had three more pieces of chicken meat.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Slow news day for the Mothershit prostitutes? :rolleyes:

This is normal for hawkers, they might persuade you to buy the more expensive option, or at least clarify the option you want.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the hawker that stick lots of PAP related pictures all over the front of their stall to boost their business? Heng ah, never eaten before.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one i also never eat before. Good?
i tend to avoid hawkers who exploit such marketing methods.

My grandparents were soybean drink stall holders when I was a little boy. I helped them when young and they told me that coffee stalls in hawker centers were allocated to grassroots members like @JohnTan . These bastards were jealous that my grandparents' business affected them and always bully them, threw dirty water and pails in front of the stall or after my grandparents went back. Call police also no use.

During weekend, these grassroots leaders collect illegal lottery, horse-racing bets and 12-ki in front of their stalls and police didn't dare to touch them because of their background. During elections, MPs will go over take photos with them.

So it is just a personally thing, I don't support stalls that showcase MP photos and buying from coffee stalls in hawker centres.

Last edited:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
See the side wall photos and the photo below the logo below storefront logo?
work hard is no use, must showcase connections and endorsements
it really helps, @JohnTan please take note

Kovan-209-Market-and-Food-Centre-4.jpg

Alfrescian
Loyal
all sorts of gimmicks from the chicken rice stalls now.. was at Clementi FC recently and they asked me if I wanted S/M/L chicken, not plate/portion or $$, but size. I clarified. machiam like go geylang and get 30yo/40yo/50yo chicken size....

anyway, have banned eating at TFF stalls (and all stalls that like to display photos with PAP) for more than 10 years already

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all sorts of gimmicks from the chicken rice stalls now.. was at Clementi FC recently and they asked me if I wanted S/M/L chicken, not plate/portion or $$, but size. I clarified. machiam like go geylang and get 30yo/40yo/50yo chicken size....

anyway, have banned eating at TFF stalls (and all stalls that like to display photos with PAP) for more than 10 years already
Don't patronize the chicken rice stall next to the soya bean stall. Prices have gone up and chickens have shrunken.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at the first photo , the hawker with specs is wearing his mask under his mouth, and I have seen many hawkers doing that, but so far I have not heard of any enforcement actions .
Same with MRT and buses , many not wearing mask properly by simply placing it under the chin but nothing is done.
They are more interested in going after the unvaccinated eventhough there are many recorded cases of vaccines side effects...
Actually wearing mask in indoor airconditioned environment is a safer way as you do not need to inject an experimental vaccines with many and yet unknown side effects but we all know the PAP, money is more important

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at the first photo , the hawker with specs is wearing his mask under his mouth, and I have seen many hawkers doing that, but so far I have not heard of any enforcement actions .
Same with MRT and buses , many not wearing mask properly by simply placing it under the chin but nothing is done.
They are more interested in going after the unvaccinated eventhough there are many recorded cases of vaccines side effects...
Actually wearing mask in indoor airconditioned environment is a safer way as you do not need to inject an experimental vaccines with many and yet unknown side effects but we all know the PAP

Nobody cares anymore. Enforcement was a reality back when those red polo tee ambassador losers were prowling around.

Now waiting for the mandatory mask-wearing to be abolished. No doubt there will still be morons who believe the mask protects them, and continue to wear a mask even when it is no longer necessary to do so. :rolleyes: