• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tis the month of the HUNGRY GHOSTS....

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all foolish superstition. If you have not done anything evil, nothing to fear. Those departed are gone forever into nothingness. No amount of burning of joss sticks, candles, incense papers, etc will mean a thing to them. Supernatural events may occur but no one can tell what it is. This planet is full of mysteries. Since some people are gullible, others take advantage of them. Con Hee is one of them.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do asians like to believe in ang moh and arabic God? Their believers caused so much worldly problems from past to present.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do asians like to believe in ang moh and arabic God? Their believers caused so much worldly problems from past to present.

how very true!

the tradition buddhism and taoism, there is hardly any bloodshed.

in the truest sense, 7th mth is NOT in buddhism or taoism practice. it's a tradtional chinese ancient cultre which has evolved to be very complex and commercial.

it has become somewhat an "attachment" and "delusion" that the more u burn, the bigher and better chances of HUAT AH! IN this case, it has already evolve into greed.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
how very true!

in the truest sense, 7th mth is NOT in buddhism or taoism practice. it's a tradtional chinese ancient cultre which has evolved to be very complex and commercial.

it has become somewhat an "attachment" and "delusion" that the more u burn, the bigher and better chances of HUAT AH! IN this case, it has already evolve into greed.

The more you zAp the more you HuAt Ah. :biggrin:

Any bloodshed in tradition sinkiesm?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
how very true!

buddhism? People are killing people in the name of buddhism in myanmar right now.

The only untainted religion that i know of is chinese folk religion. You ever hear of: "in the name of the monkey god, i will kill all non-believers!"?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
15th of seventh month is coming. That is when human ghosts pray to real ghosts. Human ghosts are the most scary. They do real harm while real ghosts don't harm people who don't harm them.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
All ghosts of afraid of my Jesus Christ! When I mentioned His name everybody run road!

Eh?? but I saw Jesus watching and singing along during a Getai just this week, after which he happily tucked into
the food offerings with a bunch of elderly good brothers and he even left the party with a thick wad of joss money

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus died and come back in soul for a while and gone for good.

nezha died twice and still return.

so who is more powerful?

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus died and come back in soul for a while and gone for good.

nezha died twice and still return.

so who is more powerful?

All are folktales, no scientific backup. I pick the ang moh one. It is well make use by men for his purposes.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
On road or pie near bukit brown, if car infront stop, u stop also cuz some drivers see thing doing the crossing. Dun horn, high beam or curse. Lots of homeless ghosts migrating at the moment. Drive v slow along these stretch especially if overtaking.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it true that during this ghosts month, we should avoid wearing BLACK during the night....especially foggy night?