• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Sinkie is destined to be bullied for the rest of his life

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This 24-year-old, who wants to be known only as Jayern, claims he has been slapped, kicked, punched, hit with PVC pipes and even a golf club by his boss.

He has made police reports and filed a magistrate's complaint.

Jayern also has a medical report which details injuries he claims he sustained after the most recent beating.

The accounts executive at an events company has been billed for everything from dead fengshui plants to broken car keys.

And when he quit, his boss sent him a lawyer's letter - for breaking his contract.

Incredible?

His colleagues apparently knew about it and some have even heard his muffled cries and the whacks he received behind closed doors.

One colleague said Jayern was treated worse than an animal.

And yet he stayed with the company because he is an only son and his parents are retirees who live in a two-room flat.

Jayern is soft-spoken but not small. He is 1.78m tall and weighs 76kg but he says his boss has a martial arts black belt.

So Jayern was no match.

When the The New Paper on Sunday met him, there were cuts and long, dark bruises on his arms and forehead.

It was a former colleague who had tipped us off about Jayern's suffering.

The colleague was angry and didn't know who else to turn to except to inform the press.

Having been allegedly assaulted in at least five incidents between July 10 and Aug 27, Jayern has finally called it quits.

He has lodged two police reports and filed a magistrate's complaint after leaving the company.

But why the long wait to make a police report? Why didn't he quit after the first instance of abuse?

For him, it's about job security, says the diploma holder, who was at first shy to tell us his story.

From the start, he didn't want to disappoint his parents.

Jayern, the only child in his family, says: "It was my first real job and I'm the sole breadwinner of the family.

"I thought if I endured (the punishment), it would soon go away. I didn't expect to be treated like my boss's punching bag."

But things didn't get any better, says Jayern, who joined the company in June 2010.

It had been a good start. He even got promoted six months later.

But he later realised that every time he made a mistake, he would have to "pay".

On July 10, Jayern's boss, the managing director of the company, allegedly kicked his stomach a few times in a cargo lift at the office.

Jayern had caused the director, who is in his mid-40s, to be late for a meeting when he had forgotten to remind him.

In July and August, there were other alleged assaults, according to Jayern's magistrate's complaint.

The director had allegedly used a 1m-long PVC pipe to hit Jayern's buttocks in the meeting room or his office whenever Jayern made mistakes at work.

The sessions occurred during office hours, when colleagues heard strange noises from the meeting room.

Whenever the PVC pipe broke, Jayern would be ordered to get another from the company workshop.

The pipe had to be cut to "the exact length" his boss wanted, Jayern says.

The scariest beating was an hour-long thrashing on Aug 12.

It started when a roadshow coordinated by Jayern did not start on time.

The director was waiting for him in the meeting room when he returned to the office at 5pm. Jayern's supervisor was also present.

The boss wanted him to explain why things didn't go according to plan at the roadshow.

"I knew he wasn't convinced with my explanation when he (the director) told me to dim the lights in the meeting room and take off my watch," says Jayern.

The frustrated boss told Jayern to get the PVC pipe.

Then he allegedly began hitting him with the pipe, focusing his attack later on Jayern's head, forehead and left hand.

More than a month later when TNPS met Jayern, he pointed to visible bruises as proof of the beating.

The boss had allegedly kicked him several times on the stomach, says Jayern, who shielded his body from the blows after he fell to the ground.

He says: "He told me not to block. He said the more I moved away, the harder he would strike me.

"I pleaded with him and said hitting me would not solve anything.

"All this while, my supervisor just watched and did nothing."

Jayern shouted that he promised not to make another mistake.

Any thoughts of overpowering the angry man was out of the question.

"He has a black belt in karate," says Jayern. "There's no way I could overpower him."

He prayed that the beating would stop soon.

The director had allegedly threatened him by saying: "I will not release you from the office until you get into a hospital."

But he stopped beating him eventually.

Jayern was told to wash up and return to work for another roadshow at 7pm.

Soon, Jayern began making excuses to colleagues and his parents whenever new bruises appeared on his body.

He would say it had been a warehouse accident or that he had been knocked off his bicycle.

In his father's presence, he was always careful not to expose the bruised parts of his hands.

It worked - for a short while.

People started to wonder as his injuries seemed to happen too frequently.

The final straw came on Aug 27, when Jayern claims he was almost knocked unconscious with a wooden souvenir golf club.

He was punished for failing to buy three mobile phones, he claims.

At his father's insistence, Jayern made a police report and later went to a hospital for a medical check-up.

The police say investigations are ongoing.

His father said that it was on that night that he finally learnt about the alleged abuse.

The doctor found that Jayern had suffered an abrasion to the neck, a swollen wrist and upper abdominal tenderness.

Jayern says: "It didn't feel like work any more.

"Instead every time I saw my angry boss, it felt like interrogation and torture."

[email protected]

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. well, well!
2. our resident bitch/cunt should work for such karate black-belt boss as its secretary or what.
3. with her wing chun, she is not afraid getting poked at!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sympathise with him but at the same time I'm perplexed with his sissy attitude after being bullied by his Boss in this kind of a sadistic manner..

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jayern? WTF? 打得好!No questions as to whom he voted for. :biggrin:

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sympathise with him but at the same time I'm perplexed with his sissy attitude after being bullied by his Boss in this kind of a sadistic manner..

No sympathies at all. My well-being is directly proportional to the suffering of Singaporeans. :biggrin:

latestleekuanyewi.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why so perplexed?

Ever wonder about your own Sinkie image? It ain't different from this Jayern.

When send a 'lawyer letter' don't you Sinkie display the same sissy attitude to 'shut the fuck up'?

Worse, you Sinkie didn't even need to be physically touched, just a piece of paper will make you cower in fear! LOL

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
More evidences of sinkies suffering from mental problems.

Read such a long article still no mentions of the abusing boss.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie employee kenna beaten up by bastard boss

Boss, please stop hitting me

20120924.221738_jayern_v7.jpg

By Zaihan Mohamed Yusof
The New Paper
Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012

This 24-year-old, who wants to be known only as Jayern, claims he has been slapped, kicked, punched, hit with PVC pipes and even a golf club by his boss.

He has made police reports and filed a magistrate's complaint.

Jayern also has a medical report which details injuries he claims he sustained after the most recent beating.

The accounts executive at an events company has been billed for everything from dead fengshui plants to broken car keys.

And when he quit, his boss sent him a lawyer's letter - for breaking his contract.

Incredible?

His colleagues apparently knew about it and some have even heard his muffled cries and the whacks he received behind closed doors.

And yet he stayed with the company because he is an only son and his parents are retirees who live in a two-room flat.

Jayern is soft-spoken but not small. He is 1.78m tall and weighs 76kg but he says his boss has a martial arts black belt.
So Jayern was no match.

When the The New Paper on Sunday met him, there were cuts and long, dark bruises on his arms and forehead.

It was a former colleague who had tipped us off about Jayern's suffering.

pic1.jpg

Jayern's father speaking to a reporter.

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Having been allegedly assaulted in at least five incidents between July 10 and Aug 27, Jayern has finally called it quits.

pic7.jpg

The colleague was angry and didn't know who else to turn to except to inform the press.

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

He has lodged two police reports and filed a magistrate's complaint after leaving the company.

pic10.jpg

The final straw came on Aug 27, when Jayern claims he was almost knocked unconscious with a wooden souvenir golf club.

pic12.jpg

Jayern, the only child in his family, says: "It was my first real job and I'm the sole breadwinner of the family.

He continued: "I thought if I endured (the punishment), it would soon go away. I didn't expect to be treated like my boss's punching bag."

The director had allegedly threatened him by saying: "I will not release you from the office until you get into a hospital."

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie employee kenna beaten up by bastard boss

He relives punishment in nightmares

20120924.171245_tnp_nightmares.jpg

Jayern's father (shortest man in picture) explains to this reporter how he found out that his son has been having problems at work when he cries in his sleep.

By Zaihan Mohamed Yusof
The New Paper
Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012

Even though he now sleeps safely in the family's two-bedroom flat, Jayern is an emotional wreck, says his father.

He is no more the confident son he once knew.

The elderly man, 66, told The New Paper on Sunday that his son talks in his sleep.

The nightmares started when Jayern was still working for the events company.

It continued even after his resignation, following the Aug 27 beating.

Says the retiree, who declines to be named: "We all share a room and sleep on the same mattress, so I hear everything.

"He says 'Please, please, don't hit me... I promise, I'll do better'.

"It hurts me when after his mumbling, I see tears rolling down the sides of his eyes."

His son, who is now jobless, denied anything was amiss when he first confronted him in July.

But the bruises from "work accidents" made the father suspicious.

"When I finally learnt what had been happening, I was angry," says Jayern's father.

"It must have been a terrible experience because Jayern still relives the punishment in his dreams."

Jayern admitted to his father that his only reason for staying with the company was that he didn't want his family to worry about finances.

He last drawn monthly salary was S$2,000.

But he took home less because he claims his boss made deductions from his salary for mistakes made at work.

When two fengshui plants, which the director had bought, died under his care, Jayern was made to pay S$500.

When a human resource software system recommended by Jayern was not fully implemented, he was billed S$5,000.

Another time he was made to pay S$200 when a Porsche car key, which was handed to him, stopped working in May.

The items were all billed to him under a document stating "outstanding items as at Aug 27, 2012".

Jayern says he has reported to the Ministry of Manpower about overtime pay that the company allegedly owes him.

Still, Jayern endured.

The burden of being the sole breadwinner weighed heavily on his mind.

"I wanted to learn," he says. "I thought the scolding from the boss was all part and parcel of working."

Even after resigning, his problems remain.

A lawyer's letter has been sent to him for breaking his contract. He now owes his company six months' salary.

But his colleagues aren't clueless about his plight.

Some have witnessed the abuse and are glad that he has left the company.

A colleague noticed that Jayern was always harassed during meetings.

Says the colleague: "In one meeting, in the presence of five other executives, the boss made Jayern go to the toilet to wash his face five times.

"Maybe Jayern had a mental block or was nervous when asked questions by the boss.

"But humiliating an employee this way will not gain the boss any respect."

Another ex-colleague says: "From where I sat, I can hear the smacking sounds coming out of the meeting room.

"On one occasion, I heard something break... I peeped in and I saw a broken PVC pipe. I wasn't the only staff (member) who heard these sounds."

Yet another former colleague, who left in the middle of this year, says: "I asked him (Jayern) how long he could allow this to happen.

"The way they treated him was inhumane... even animals aren't treated this way.

"I left because I would rather be a poor man than work under him (the director)."

When the director was contacted by this reporter on Thursday, he denied any wrongdoing. He says the matter is in the hands of the police and his lawyers.

Spotting office bullies

According to a report in The Straits Times on Sept 10, office bullies have certain traits.These include:

1. They prey on the weak - socially or physically - and those who may be unlikely to retaliate.

2. They may find fault with you despite you performing well or humiliate you by assigning impossible targets.

3. Bullies may hurl verbal abuse or threats at others.

"It hurts me when after his mumbling, I see tears rolling down the sides of his eyes."

- Jayern's father

Get The New Paper for more stories.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Labour rights is a Western invention. It's incompatible with the proud Confucian values of Singapore. Don't fall for it, Sinkies! :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Name of the company not given so there's no way to trace anything. Good luck to job seekers out there.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously the boy is fresh out in the world and needs money to feed his two parents. He is just trying his best to endure but his colleagues knn one kind just keep quiet. None of them stopped to call the police or do anything.

This "director" maybe got ss links. Hope he goes to jail.

General

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh isit? but why dont we guess the race then?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously the boy is fresh out in the world and needs money to feed his two parents. He is just trying his best to endure but his colleagues knn one kind just keep quiet. None of them stopped to call the police or do anything.

This "director" maybe got ss links. Hope he goes to jail.

It's un-Singaporean to lend a helping to those in need. :smile: