• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Malay feels no love from S'pore

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,

the only race i see is the human race, come what color or creed, if a male can stick it into a female and produced a fertile offspring, then i think that settles the point.

honestly, humans need to see this point fast and understand it before we wipe ourselves off this surface of the earth. the sooner we start appreciating this point, the sooner the human race can enter the next level of evolution. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel for sad for the Malays in Singapore. This is their country too. Sad that they get discriminated. Also, no thanks to the majority of the Malay race who are relatively lazier and laid back. No thanks to our Mat yoyo nieghbours who always incite race and religion differences with Singapore.

What u typed is seriously ironic, Shucks i forgot the word, firstly u state they are discriminated against meaning many of them work in lower down blue collar jobs which pays less, next you mention that majority of them are lazy and therein lies the reason.

This was mentioned by bros in the old forum. How in kindergarten u maybe had say 10 malay classmates out of 40??? Then as u went higher to primary, secondary, jc and uni they became less and less.

In many cases in uni u would have a majority of chinese students, couple of indians and if there were malays they would most likely be female.

I do not need to spell out the above scenerio. This is SG we are a metrocratic(spelling) society, at the commoners level not the elite level. If u have good grades because u do well in your studies you can get into uni and maybe secure a higher paying job. This is unlike racist malaysia where they have a quota to fill in less deserving malays with poorer grades over citizens of other races.

so what discrimination are you talking about???? Is it racism again when certain ppl are incompetent and unable to compete on a level playing field?? Maybe they need affirmative action here?

ANyway the so-called racist issues have become so politically correct that you cannot even discuss it properly and it's biased against chinese. Obviously what i have written is so un-PC, simply being part of the majority you cannot state the facts.

Anyway forget it. Malays are very nice ppl, chinese are not so nice and as chinese are the majority rememeber to always give way to them. Okay have a good day. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I've heard, the Malays across the bridge are envious of their cousins here.

Just like the thousands of Chinese immigrants in US/Canada/Oz, they'll never be the ruling "majority" even if their population is the fastest growing, or the better qualified, or more wealthy ....

Amazing why are they envious?

Over here the malays are the minority always bullied by the evil majority of evil chinese.

They cannot even go into certain parts of the army always seem to be getting blue collar jobs cos u know the evil chinese always out score them in the results department.

Over there they can bully the minorities especially the evil chinese so why envy the poor malay minority over here?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazing why are they envious?

They are envious of the "higher quality" and more liberal lifestyle I guess.

Over here the malays are the minority always bullied by the evil majority of evil chinese.

BTW the way Chinese are bullied in Mudland is nothing compared to the inequalities local Malays face. But that is for another discussion...

They cannot even go into certain parts of the army always seem to be getting blue collar jobs cos u know the evil chinese always out score them in the results department.

Save for a handful, what makes you think they wanna climb the success ladder so bad? Only us Chinese are always obsessed with over-achieving... they are happy to lead a life of cruisy existence.

Over there they can bully the minorities especially the evil chinese so why envy the poor malay minority over here?

The grossly unfair laws and systems there were put in place by a few politicians like Tengku AR and Mahathir. Without their claim to sovereignty, the Chinese would have walked all over them.

At the end of the day, racism is a numbers game. If you're lucky, you might be born a Christian white in America. If you aren't, you could be a black Jew in Eastern Europe. That's life ....

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
................Sure, for the entire 365 days I spent in Primary 1 in 1989. But my parents paid for my school and university fees for the next 15 years I was studying.

It seems that many Singaporeans do not know that Malays have stopped getting free education since 1990. If I remember clearly, the news made front-page news at that time.

You are a liar. Malays get free education incl university (& perhaps post-graduate...)

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
................Sure, for the entire 365 days I spent in Primary 1 in 1989. But my parents paid for my school and university fees for the next 15 years I was studying.

It seems that many Singaporeans do not know that Malays have stopped getting free education since 1990. If I remember clearly, the news made front-page news at that time.

You are a liar. Malays get free education incl university (& perhaps post-graduate...)

I think Mendaki control the money. Not every Malay will get free. Only those needy ones.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are envious of the "higher quality" and more liberal lifestyle I guess.

BTW the way Chinese are bullied in Mudland is nothing compared to the inequalities local Malays face. But that is for another discussion...

Save for a handful, what makes you think they wanna climb the success ladder so bad? Only us Chinese are always obsessed with over-achieving... they are happy to lead a life of cruisy existence.

The grossly unfair laws and systems there were put in place by a few politicians like Tengku AR and Mahathir. Without their claim to sovereignty, the Chinese would have walked all over them.

At the end of the day, racism is a numbers game. If you're lucky, you might be born a Christian white in America. If you aren't, you could be a black Jew in Eastern Europe. That's life ....

See what you wrote here doesn't tally with what u wrote later.

Over there they envy the malays here for having greater freedom but are a poor minority being subdued by the evil chinese? Yet we have malays here complaining of how the evil chinese have subdued them??

Of course we all know the chinese over there have it much worse but as is always the case nobody ever takes it up and everyone just sucks it up.

What makes me think they wanan climb it so bad????

Well why are they complaining here and there then????? Just live and let live then. Yeah in SG u dun need any money to lead a "cruisy" existence.

True it is a numbers game but some minorities have it better. Sinkee minorities have it better but of course what's stopping them from writing entire essays about it. After all this is SG. Malays are nice peaceful ppl, same for eurasians and indians while the chinese are bloody evil majority that everyone hates.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may get some flake here...

Chinese ARE a minority in many countries. But assimilation seems not to be a problem with the Chinese race e.g in Thailand. Even where they are not fully assimilated, they tend to blend well with the other races, just contibuting to what they are valued for e.g. business in Indo, and avoiding where they are not welcome e.g. politics

On the other hand, Malays do have some problem assimilating. They tend to distinguish themselves as a different community, demand special rights, and in many cases, want to be separate e.g. Malays in Thailand. To stretch the imagination a bit further, even Achehnese can be considered as "Malay minority" in Indo or the southern separatists in Philippines. Used to believe it was the religion, but, now, believe race also plays a part.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chinese ARE a minority in many countries. But assimilation seems not to be a problem with the Chinese race e.g in Thailand. Even where they are not fully assimilated, they tend to blend well with the other races, just contibuting to what they are valued for e.g. business in Indo, and avoiding where they are not welcome e.g. politics

On the other hand, Malays do have some problem assimilating. They tend to distinguish themselves as a different community, demand special rights, and in many cases, want to be separate e.g. Malays in Thailand. To stretch the imagination a bit further, even Achehnese can be considered as "Malay minority" in Indo or the southern separatists in Philippines. Used to believe it was the religion, but, now, believe race also plays a part.

It is always the case and will always be even the chinese wun support their own race which is when a chinese does good ppl always ignore it. When malays do good ppl always pt it out but ignore the bad things they do.

Hence the chinese are always the bad guys and even in SG where chinese are the majority and supposedly suppressing the poor minorities we have ppl complaining to the skies about them. And the most ironic thing is we have malays over there in malaysia being envious over the poor malay minorities in here being bullied by the evil chinese. Isn't this strange?? Why be envious of a minority being bullied by the majority when you a majority in your own country?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
first of all, in this world, there are only TWO countries with Chinese majority - China and Singapore. Taiwan dun count but if you insist, den THREE countries with Chinese majority.

second, can u imagine Singapore fighting with China? wahaha

third, throughout the Chinese history, Chinese are known to whack each othe so do not be unduly alarmed about the supposed allegiance of of the majority in Singapore. It is an non issue.

Well, your reluctance to answer rings out loud and clear, doesn't it?:rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really dun understand what this Malay Lady was complaining abt. PAP Govt has always been taking care of them Malay, give them cheap education, let them have relax and well paid vocations during NS (ie. Home Team, especially Civil Defence get lot more allowances than SAF)

Last time many SAF vocations were link to education level too. There are many units only take in "A" level and Diploma. (ie, RSAF, RSN, armour and artillery) How many Malay young men get get to this education level? After allocating to the Home Team, not many left so go Infantry lor. Anyway, even after giving chance to Malays, they still can screw up by the numbers. Remember the Malay Major Adam, who was the NDP parade commander that cock up during the firing of rifles.

While i had know some Malays being bitter of being stereotype by the chinese, most can't care less. So if she want to be recogonised as equal to the chinese, then she better work hard to prove that she not a typical Malay. End of the day, as long as she know she had given her best, it no longer important how the chinese view her.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not in response to any particular post.

Like everything else in life, take this in relative terms.

1) For the Malays this is their motherland and home. Singapore has always been part of Malaysia's history. They have no other motherland.

2) The Malays that you see run the whole spectrum of their race, warts and all. The Chinese and other migrants to this region are those from more adventurous and more entreprenuerial lot that made the journey.

3) The Malays lived in a region that has been rather tranquil and serene with the occasional floods. Houses on stilts fixed that issue. It was just a matter of toilng for 2 months in the year in the padi fields to have the basic food staple covered. Nobody with a brain wants to work. People work to pay for a quality life and I mean a serence and peaceful time on earth.

4) I am sure the Malays want to contribute equally to Singapore if given the chance. Imagine 49 years later and they still cannot serve in Army across all formations. Its a stigma and something difficult to explain to outsiders, their young kids etc. Lepers in their own country. Bear in mind that during WWII, Its was the Malay Regiment that fought to the end.

5) They voluntarily gave up free education provided in the consitution contrary to popular belief many years ago as they wanted to be treated on equal terms.

6) They buy HDB flats at a high and have to sell it at a low like other minorities because of the quota system. And its their motherland.

7) No other race in the world allows another race or races to rule them in their own motherland.

8) Tungku and the Malays if they wanted, could forced the British to exclude all other races from Malaysia but because of their easy going nature and trust in fellow human beings, they allowed them to stay. Malaysia has been resource rich and if all other races were repatriated like the ethnic chinese in Vietnam or the Indians in Uganda, the country will certainly dive economically but eventually they will learn to fend for themselves.

9) Till today, if there is a fire, a man drowning or if there is a road accident, the first helper, the first to dash or dive to safe someone will be a Malay - most of the time.

Have a heart people.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, it depends on what country it is. In an Asian country, where most citizens are of the same colour- as with in Thailand, where most people are yellow skinned, assimilation isn't a problem.

But talk to the white and black Americans on which race blends in better, I think they would say that Hispanics do it better than the chinese.

In many ways, although malays do, in some countries, demand some rights, so do other immigrants. But I guess we need to go back to common sense reason really, and understand that there's a certain give and take when it comes to such issues.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
really dun understand what this Malay Lady was complaining abt. PAP Govt has always been taking care of them Malay, give them cheap education, let them have relax and well paid vocations during NS (ie. Home Team, especially Civil Defence get lot more allowances than SAF)

Last time many SAF vocations were link to education level too. There are many units only take in "A" level and Diploma. (ie, RSAF, RSN, armour and artillery) How many Malay young men get get to this education level? After allocating to the Home Team, not many left so go Infantry lor. Anyway, even after giving chance to Malays, they still can screw up by the numbers. Remember the Malay Major Adam, who was the NDP parade commander that cock up during the firing of rifles.

While i had know some Malays being bitter of being stereotype by the chinese, most can't care less. So if she want to be recogonised as equal to the chinese, then she better work hard to prove that she not a typical Malay. End of the day, as long as she know she had given her best, it no longer important how the chinese view her.

If you say that civil defence is a benefit to them, then they will ask why can't the people and the government trust them in them serving in bigger numbers in the three armed services. And then they will ask why is there a dearth of serious Malay professionals working in the IT, finance, banking, medical and engineering sectors in Singapore.

In the end, you can't say that just because Malays get more leave in NS means they are better off. NS is after all, only 2 years of active service. 2 years is a speck. What's most important is how they are educated, what are they being educated about, and what they do after NS in professional work.

If they get 20 days leave each year, but come out and work as hawkers, as opposed to being a banker, then who wins? The chinese, who was an AFV infantry man, and who had the opportunity to study in NUS or overseas to become a banker, or the malay who was in the dark blue uniform, but is now, after NS, resigned to be a toilet cleaner or hawker till the day he retires?

Last edited:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
She makes some good points. But aiyah, she need not feel so bad because very soon ALL Sinkies will feel no love from Singapore. Singapore will channel all their love to FTs and foreigners!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

That right to free education that was enshrined in our constitution was withdrawn at the request of the Malay many years ago. They are no longer covered at all levels. They wanted to be treated as equals and sought no favour. Nothing has been given to reciprocate this stance.

Ironically the HDB race quota system screws the value of their flat like all minorities.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the race quota, Woodlands might become a Malay enclave like Harlem for Negros in Manhattan.

They don't buy high and sell low, they buy below value and sell below value.

Like it or not, population transmigration is common throughout human history, no land is owned by nobody, it's all darwinian.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the race quota, Woodlands might become a Malay enclave like Harlem for Negros in Manhattan.

They don't buy high and sell low, they buy below value and sell below value.

Like it or not, population transmigration is common throughout human history, no land is owned by nobody, it's all darwinian.
They buy from the HDB at the same price as all other races but have to sell low. In the resale market, you are right. In a bad situation the sale will drag on. Old man acknowledged this in his book.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a problem with the Malay national anthem.

why can't the anthem be in four languages instead of Malay. SG has separated from Malaya, why keep the Malay anthem which belong to a minority community in SG. Yes, I want a Chinese anthem.

In fact, I refuse to sing it for as long as I can remember since primary school where I will hum along if a teacher is watching me otherwise I refuse to open my mouth.