• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Malay girl happy to be Singaporean instead of Malaysian

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Profile photo for Shalyanna Hassan
Shalyanna Hassan

Definitely proud to be Singaporean. I'm proud of how far our country has come. A country with no natural resources yet we became one of the world’s leading financial centers. Our government is stable and might I say, honest too. Our country is safe, clean and transport is efficient (well, most of the times..).

Another reason that isn't so common would be that I feel that I'm treated with more respect by Singaporean Malays compared to Malaysian Malays. You see, I am a non-hijabi not-so-religious Muslim girl, and I wear short sleeve blouses and short skirts sometimes. I have often been given dirty looks by Malays in Malaysia, especially outside the city, and its not such a great feeling. Here is an example: Me and my mother went to visit a surau (a room for muslims to do prayers in) in one of the lesser known shopping malls in JB. As you know, I don't want to wear the hijab. When I was inside the surau, I received some dirty looks from the older Malay women. As I was exiting the room, I heard one of the Malay ladies said ‘solat tapi tak nak pakai tudung’ which loosely means ‘she prays yet she doesn't want to wear a hijab’. I felt embarrassed of course, and I felt bad because my mom probably heard it. These days, I usually try not to visit the surau as I don't want to relive that experience again. In Singapore, non-hijabi Malay women are thankfully much more commonly seen, hence I don't receive any bad treatment from other muslims, which is one of the reasons I'd rather stay as a Singaporean Malay instead of being a Malaysian.

1702415094957.jpeg

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Profile photo for Shalyanna Hassan
Shalyanna Hassan

Definitely proud to be Singaporean.
Another reason that isn't so common would be that I feel that I'm treated with more respect by Singaporean Malays compared to Malaysian Malays. You see, I am a non-hijabi not-so-religious Muslim girl, and I wear short sleeve blouses and short skirts sometimes. In Singapore, non-hijabi Malay women are thankfully much more commonly seen, hence I don't receive any bad treatment from other muslims, which is one of the reasons I'd rather stay as a Singaporean Malay instead of being a Malaysian.
She realises that true religious freedom includes not being discriminated against by her fellow believers. I guess she sees the great difference in a Muslim majority country like Malaysia and a multi-religious one such as SG; the latter being far more tolerant to the different degrees of religious practices by its own citizens.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Definitely proud to be Singaporean. I'm proud of how far our country has come. A country with no natural resources yet we became one of the world’s leading financial centers.

It's amazing what you can do when you sarkar the correct Jews. :biggrin:

hzkissinger0712.jpg
lky-kissinger.jpg

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
She realises that true religious freedom includes not being discriminated against by her fellow believers. I guess she sees the great difference in a Muslim majority country like Malaysia and a multi-religious one such as SG; the latter being far more tolerant to the different degrees of religious practices by its own citizens.
Big deal. Tolerance is not a virtue. For instance, do u tolerate dog shit on ur master bed or do u clean up after the rascal? :cautious:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal. Tolerance is not a virtue. For instance, do u tolerate dog shit on ur master bed or do u clean up after the rascal? :cautious:
I would tolerate the satirical cartoons of Charlie Hebdo instead of murdering their cartoonists like the Islamic extremists did.