• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is what happens when u have a non-homogemous rojak society

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when u have a non-homogenous rojak society

On CNY eve, bangala worker instructed by his superiors, washed the lift landing + corridors ... in preparation for CNY (15 days) celebrated by majority here ...

On CNY eve, the 2 households of m'sian FT on my floor bye-bye go across causeway to collect ang pows ...

I thought - clean & green & quiet environment, enjoy CNY ...

On CNY 1st day ... malay neighbor celebrates valentine cum engagement party ... for hordes of relatives at lift landing ... throwing cigarette butts, dirty footsteps all over the corridors & lift landing ... don't know why can't do inside the flat, too small ?

the next corridor-washing won't occur until next month ...

dirty footseps on lift landing/corridor for 15 days of CNY ?!

when m'sian FT come back, will they think its my household caused the footprints ? so many relatives visited me over CNY, step until like that ? gosh !

plus PAP hands-off well-being of heartlanders ... such a rojak society is going to implode one fine day - what with 3 different main races, plus FTs of all shapes & sizes, colors. polka dots & stripes ?! In an overcrowded noisy humid little pressure cooker of an island ... :eek: :rolleyes:

:mad: :eek:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You chose to live there so you'll just have to lump it. :rolleyes: After all, Singapore has been a "rojak" society ever since the Chinese, Indians and an assortment of riff raff arrived more than a century ago. Your ancestors started the decline.

The Malays would be very happy if ALL of you left.. past arrivals.. recent immigrants... the whole damned lot.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: This is what happens when u have a non-homogenous rojak society

There's one thing I've noticed about many Asians (all the riff-raff, as Sam says) is that there's little care about common property and civic-consciousness is not a virtue (or a paying value?). All these races in Sg at one time or another have shot down "Western Values" and praised so-called "Asian Values" but the case here in this thread is very common. You will not see this in a regular middle-working class residential neighbourhood in any Industrialized Western Democracy.

The rise in affluence in Asian countries only brought a rise in public ugliness. It is highly likely that if a considerate citizen were to tell his/her neighbour to please not litter/make unnecessary noise, the reply would be "Who are you to tell me?" They just can't take an order from someone not from a higher rank/authority.

The common wish for a better society is there, but something is, or somethings are missing. And I think it is the lack of a "One for all and all for one" collective mindset. Is that an Asian Value?

Cheers!

On CNY eve, bangala worker
instructed by his superiors, washed the lift landing + corridors ... in preparation for CNY (15 days) celebrated by majority here ...

On CNY eve, the 2 households of m'sian FT on my floor bye-bye go across causeway to collect ang pows ...

I thought - clean & green & quiet environment, enjoy CNY ...

On CNY 1st day ... malay neighbor celebrates valentine cum engagement party ... for hordes of relatives at lift landing ... throwing cigarette butts, dirty footsteps all over the corridors & lift landing ... don't know why can't do inside the flat, too small ?

the next corridor-washing won't occur until next month ...

dirty footseps on lift landing/corridor for 15 days of CNY ?!

when m'sian FT come back, will they think its my household caused the footprints ? so many relatives visited me over CNY, step until like that ? gosh !

plus PAP hands-off well-being of heartlanders ... such a rojak society is going to implode one fine day - what with 3 different main races, plus FTs of all shapes & sizes, colors. polka dots & stripes ?! In an overcrowded noisy humid little pressure cooker of an island ... :eek: :rolleyes:

:mad: :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You chose to live there so you'll just have to lump it. :rolleyes: After all, Singapore has been a "rojak" society ever since the Chinese, Indians and an assortment of riff raff arrived more than a century ago. Your ancestors started the decline.

The Malays would be very happy if ALL of you left.. past arrivals.. recent immigrants... the whole damned lot.

We will sail, once we can find that junk, that brought our ancestors here...but sail to where?

PRC doesn't want us, ROC doesn't want us....where?, we do not write or speak proper , putong wah, or guo yue?...

Where?..... India doesn't welcome us, for we do not even know any proper tamil, hindi or gujerati..

Where?, we were once Ceylonese...now we can't even speak a word, act like one or even have culture like one...

Where?..our Malay is rojak, neither boyanese, Malaysians or...

WHERE?...

:biggrin:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, do you think the Maoris would be most happy if the european descendants and whatever rift raft that come after them leave New Zealand?

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's one thing I've noticed about many Asians (all the riff-raff, as Sam says) is that there's little care about common property and civic-consciousness is not a virtue (or a paying value?). All these races in Sg at one time or another have shot down "Western Values" and praised so-called "Asian Values" but the case here in this thread is very common. You will not see this in a regular middle-working class residential neighbourhood in any Industrialized Western Democracy.

The rise in affluence in Asian countries only brought a rise in public ugliness. It is highly likely that if a considerate citizen were to tell his/her neighbour to please not litter/make unnecessary noise, the reply would be "Who are you to tell me?" They just can't take an order from someone not from a higher rank/authority.

The common wish for a better society is there, but something is, or somethings are missing. And I think it is the lack of a "One for all and all for one" collective mindset. Is that an Asian Value?

Cheers!

When there was no conservancy charge, people take care of their corridors.

Now must pay for TC to clean common area belonging to garhmen, who fuck care? No control over common area. What fucking "One for all and all for one" collective mindset? What fucking Asian Value?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

When there was no conservancy charge, people take care of their corridors.

Now must pay for TC to clean common area belonging to garhmen, who fuck care? No control over common area. What fucking "One for all and all for one" collective mindset? What fucking Asian Value?

Social responsibility includes having consideration for common/public areas. This is generally lacking in Asians, or more accurately, Asian upbringing. The matter does not concern whether there is a charge for it, but just people's attitude.

I fully agree with you in "What fucking Asian Value?" My own relatives beam with delight everytime they have an opportunity to remind ourselves of thousands of years of Chinese civilisation; to me it was mostly thousands of years of barbarism.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

guess among all the asian races which race gets blamed for that while ppl always say mlaays are nice and poilte, indians also the same etc.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam, do you think the Maoris would be most happy if the european descendants and whatever rift raft that come after them leave New Zealand?

The whacko Maori extremists might be happy but the majority have already cross bred with the "invaders". You'll be hard pressed to find a Maori who doesn't have some Pakeha blood in him.

NZ "rojak" has become "stew" over the last 100 years. This has not happened in Singapore.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok lah, my malay neighbor brought cake & we gave her oranges ... then we chatted abt the minimum wage paid to hotel workers at the RWS cos she's in the hotel line ... and that its not true 70% of RWS jobs goto singaporeans ...

now don't feel so bad abt the lift-landing party ... anyway today's already the 3rd day of CNY ... although i still don't see the fun of holding gatherings at void decks/lift landings except maybe to save money ...

jw5

Loyal

Cheers!
In my opinion, we should have a vigilante force to take care of such situations.
The police are unlikely to respond to such "trivial" matters and the town council or other relevant authorities are usually slow to respond and will probably not impose punitive measures that will prevent further indiscretions.
What's your view?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

648042501_e11882df2f.jpg
rojak01.jpg

Which rojak you prefer ?

One will give you Diarrhoea and one death !

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh Sam...take a look at your own backyard. The country situated on the arse side of the atlas. Not rojak? Heck... the only species not rojak in your cuntry are the cows!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

A dirty bastard is a Dirty Bastard, not Asia Value vs Western Value.

Cheers!