• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This 24 year old divorcee has been living in Marsiling carpark for past 4 years

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cousin same situation as you.. He divorced his wife last year..His flat already sold.. In a frantic he tried applying a rental unit so that that his 3 younger brothers and his elderly mom got roof over their heads.. HDB rejected his application.. His farker PAP MP also claimed they cannot help him because his pay and his siblings pay combined is well above the ceiling.. Now no choice, all 5 of them now staying with my 1st Uncle and his family.. Fuck The PAP..!!! :mad:

Why must die die rent from HDB? Why cannot rent from flatowners?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scrooball (clone) said:

A single room from around $600 pm. A 3-rm flat can be close to $2000pm. Not cheap.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Power la. They rather 5 people go squeeze in their uncle house than maybe rent one room for $600? If 5 people combined cannot afford $600 rental per mth, then how to help?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is what that had been suggested by one RC por lumpar after my cousin went to see his MP... My cousin went around making enquiries from the flat owners wanting to rent their whole unit.. Most want at least 1.5K per month for their 3 rm flats.. 4 rm flats slightly more expensive.. He can't afford to be paying that much since he also need to pay the expenses of his 2 young daughters every month.. Lucky for him my Uncle decided to take them in for the time being..

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what that had been suggested by one RC por lumpar after my cousin went to see his MP... My cousin went around making enquiries from the flat owners wanting to rent their whole unit.. Most want at least 1.5K per month for their 3 rm flats.. 4 rm flats slightly more expensive.. He can't afford to be paying that much since he also need to pay the expenses of his 2 young daughters every month.. Lucky for him my Uncle decided to take them in for the time being..

Hello, 5 people! Even assuming the mother not working, the other 4 fellas? Even if can't rent one whole flat, at least rent one room la.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Power la. They rather 5 people go squeeze in their uncle house than maybe rent one room for $600? If 5 people combined cannot afford $600 rental per mth, then how to help?

My cousin pay per month is just 2.5k.. His 2nd brother is a trainee technician with SIA.. One month just bring back less than 1.5K while still undergoing training.. His 2 other younger brothers all still studying at JC.. His mom just a housewife.. You calculate lah, if combined pay of 3K per month if rent 3 RM unit for 2K per month, then whole family eat what every month?

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cousin pay per month is just 2.5k.. His 2nd brother is a trainee technician with SIA.. One month just bring back less than 1.5K while still undergoing training.. His 2 other younger brothers all still studying at JC.. His mom just a housewife.. You calculate lah, if combined pay of 3K per month if rent 3 RM unit for 2K per month, then whole family eat what every month?

Aiyo rent one room instead of whole flat la. Nowadays, 5 people sleep one room is common.

Why can't take part-time jobs? Teach tuition? $600 to rent just one room, shared among 4 able-bodied people is not difficult.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo rent one room instead of whole flat la. Nowadays, 5 people sleep one room is common.

Why can't take part-time jobs? Teach tuition? $600 to rent just one room, shared among 4 able-bodied people is not difficult.

Aiyah as long as they don't ask me money can already.. Anyway my Uncle and his wife rich enough to take them stay with him in his semi D house.. In a way they kinda lucky compared to other Spore families...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

5 people sleep one room common? Foreign workers dorm?
If this is true then sinkies damn pitiful.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My cousin same situation as you.. He divorced his wife last year..His flat already sold.. In a frantic he tried applying a rental unit so that that his 3 younger brothers and his elderly mom got roof over their heads.. HDB rejected his application.. His farker PAP MP also claimed they cannot help him because his pay and his siblings pay combined is well above the ceiling.. Now no choice, all 5 of them now staying with my 1st Uncle and his family.. Fuck The PAP..!!! :mad:
Can understand why the zha boh did not seek refuge in family place. There is a certain level of shame and guilt.

Back then, was staying at many places. Backpackers hostel, share rented room with FTs, friends and relatives place. Many backpacker hostel do not take in Sinkees. Was a very difficult time for me. There was no privacy sharing a room with strangers. You have to watch your belongings and you cannot control the room mates who snore loudly. Became a 'wanderer' in my own country for almost a year before I land in LOS. After that, everything is history.

Divorce is a very expensive and painful matter in SG, especially for the SG man.

Last edited: