• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thio Su Mien Runs a Creepy Basement Church in her House!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is this "smearing" if what the blogger accounted is based on facts?...btw just as a matter of record I think Dr Thio's house is in Cornwall Gardens??...the Thio family built 2 houses there after selling their place in Nassim, son & his family resides in one and the other is occupied by Dr Thio and hubby
The SMEARING have begn, I am not supporting Thio et al., but haven't this person seen the Taoist's ? There is no crime to hold any religious ceremony in the private of any ones's home...if this person feels, that attendance is not needed, decline...

like I am saying...more Phantom writers will appear....to smear..:mad:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Thio's type are very practical pragmatic people...appear to be concerend with wealth to 'protect' themselves in the present world and also their 'souls' in the afterlife:wink:
The scary thing about people like Thio is that they are is only concerned about their afterlife and would not stop at anything to further their beliefs. People like her would soon try their luck in other areas after this failed AWARE takover and continue in their effort in converting others into their faiths.

Jer 5:31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah but Dr Thio's tactics not so straight forward...ironically she likes to try her hand at the dark arts of 'politics' instead...emphasis on the word "try" only hor:rolleyes::biggrin:

"Unfortunately, I cannot surface but shall be assisting in the background"

"I was disturbed by what Aware was doing and felt that I had to do my part, but I didn't want to front it. If not, we would not have the advantage"

There is nothing wrong in her using her house as a place for worship. She is free to do whatever she wish in her home as long as it doesn't disturb public peace.

Have you seen her using loud speakers to broadcast prayers and trying to force her beliefs on the public and disturbing the peace in the neighbourhood?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylums shows that faith does not prove anything. And it is always an old habit with theologians to beat the living with the bones of the dead. if you think about it . In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination ...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you saying that Christians are the only people who are concerned about the next life? And this is their only concern? You are so wrong. Please think hard before you shoot your loose canon again.

Not everyone is overly concerned about his or her afterlife. As long as one follows GOD’s word and does not do anything against his conscience, he would be assured of a place in heaven, isn’t it? Take life easy as GOD intended it to be. Why get so uptight about minor moral issue such as gays and lesbians? It is their choice of life and they will answer to GOD when their time is up. How does that affect her personally? There must be more pressing issues within the country, such as, high divorce rate, abortion rate and premarital sex.

GOD is great. However, did you realize that there is one thing that HE had never wanted to control? That is the human’s free will. Since the day of Adam and Eve, he had given them the free will to decide on things. Although they later took the forbidden fruit against HIS advice, they subsequently paid for their own action. The crust of the matter here is, let one choose his way of life based on his own free will, good or bad, he alone would answer for it.

Honestly, if radicals like her who enforce their belief and causes division amongst others goes to heaven, I rather go to hell as I think hell would be a more peaceful place.

I have spoken to a few friends and the AWARE saga had tarnished the image of Christians as a whole. Although majority of the Christians are tolerant and peaceful loving people, it would now take Christians a lot more effort to convince and convert others into the religion. So is this against or for the religion?

If I ever stand side by side with Thio infront of the LORD, I would just tell HIM that I may not have done much for the religion but at least, I did not tarnish it. In any case, I’m ready to go to hell as I’m a sinner, are you?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The concern is that the young ones who might be influenced or seduced into such a lifestyle. There are those that are born gay and then there those that might have been drawn into it for the wrong reasons.

Thio unfortunately has gone about doing it the wrong way. Treating it as a sin, an abomination etc when it is not and especially when there are other pressing issues that you point out.. I agree with rest of your comments which are pacifying, accommodating and well written.

Not everyone is overly concerned about his or her afterlife. As long as one follows GOD’s word and does not do anything against his conscience, he would be assured of a place in heaven, isn’t it? Take life easy as GOD intended it to be. Why get so uptight about minor moral issue such as gays and lesbians? It is their choice of life and they will answer to GOD when their time is up. How does that affect her personally? There must be more pressing issues within the country, such as, high divorce rate, abortion rate and premarital sex.

GOD is great. However, did you realize that there is one thing that HE had never wanted to control? That is the human’s free will. Since the day of Adam and Eve, he had given them the free will to decide on things. Although they later took the forbidden fruit against HIS advice, they subsequently paid for their own action. The crust of the matter here is, let one choose his way of life based on his own free will, good or bad, he alone would answer for it.

Honestly, if radicals like her who enforce their belief and causes division amongst others goes to heaven, I rather go to hell as I think hell would be a more peaceful place.

I have spoken to a few friends and the AWARE saga had tarnished the image of Christians as a whole. Although majority of the Christians are tolerant and peaceful loving people, it would now take Christians a lot more effort to convince and convert others into the religion. So is this against or for the religion?

If I ever stand side by side with Thio infront of the LORD, I would just tell HIM that I may not have done much for the religion but at least, I did not tarnish it. In any case, I’m ready to go to hell as I’m a sinner, are you?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
The concern is that the young ones who might be influenced or seduced into such a lifestyle. There are those that are born gay and then there those that might have been drawn into it for the wrong reasons.

The concern SHOULD be over youngsters experimenting with their sexuality ie. hetero, homo, bisexual, etc.. That's what comprehensive sexuality education is suppose to address. Thio Su Mien has single handedly set back sex education in Singapore.