• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of getting E bikes

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many good ebikes overseas and local importers get those shitty ones in so they can sell high and make huge profit. If u import yourself then the green imbeciles hiding behind trees and lampposts will prowl at u and disrupt your journey. Fuck the puppies and their policies.
I lost my 3k e scooter to those imbeciles.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There are so many good ebikes overseas and local importers get those shitty ones in so they can sell high and make huge profit. If u import yourself then the green imbeciles hiding behind trees and lampposts will prowl at u and disrupt your journey. Fuck the puppies and their policies.
I lost my 3k e scooter to those imbeciles.

What you think of the Gen3 The Groove?
https://gen3ride.com/electric-bikes/the-groove/

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
do you know how big those things are? Where to park? and you have to go to special designated parts of park to use it. Doesnt appeal to me.
Get a smaller one. Don't you have a garage? Country and the parks are so big, so much space to roam. Just do it! You only live once. Well at least one lifetime at a time.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Get a smaller one. Don't you have a garage? Country and the parks are so big, so much space to roam. Just do it! You only live once. Well at least one lifetime at a time.

My garage is only big enough for my 2 cars lah. I prefer not to park cars outside anymore. Got people with schizophrenia walking around at night scratch cars one.

Can rent. Actually the ATV stuff is just ride around the m&d and all. fun meh? And high risk of tipping over then die.

I would go for go karting as more fun. And of course skiing. My kids all quite excited and looking forward to ski season.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My garage is only big enough for my 2 cars lah. I prefer not to park cars outside anymore. Got people with schizophrenia walking around at night scratch cars one.

Can rent. Actually the ATV stuff is just ride around the m&d and all. fun meh? And high risk of tipping over then die.

I would go for go karting as more fun. And of course skiing. My kids all quite excited and looking forward to ski season.
ATVs are so much fun. I rent it whenever i get the chance when I am overseas. Roam and explore. Aiyoh, won't tip over if you are a sensible rider. Bicycles also can fall off and die lah.

Watch out for hidden rocks beneath the snow when skiing.

Anyway, sorry to digress. E-bikes it is! :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
ATVs are so much fun. I rent it whenever i get the chance when I am overseas. Roam and explore. Aiyoh, won't tip over if you are a sensible rider. Bicycles also can fall off and die lah.

Watch out for hidden rocks beneath the snow when skiing.

Anyway, sorry to digress. E-bikes it is! :biggrin:

I may rent one day. But dont see myself buying them.

For one I dont own a truck. How to transport?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
wah lau looks expensive.

Actually I like the Eb Bike but $1700 is like waste money leh. And buy 2 means waste twice.

Doubt I will get e bike for now. Wait till price drops more.
walau eh. All the long discussion and you are still sitting on the fence. Just get a Dualtron e-scooter lah. Boss will be very pleased if you do.:laugh:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
walau eh. All the long discussion and you are still sitting on the fence. Just get a Dualtron e-scooter lah. Boss will be very pleased if you do.:laugh:

There is also the issue of.......where will my 4 year old sit?

The ebikes if get folding looks like cannot put the child seat leh.

LOL! Aiyah too many issues. Hence I think will be no go. I hope we go try our normal bikes experiment with the gears then realize hey can bike normally also lah! Then problems all solved!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
There is also the issue of.......where will my 4 year old sit?

The ebikes if get folding looks like cannot put the child seat leh.

LOL! Aiyah too many issues. Hence I think will be no go. I hope we go try our normal bikes experiment with the gears then realize hey can bike normally also lah! Then problems all solved!
As cute as your four-year old is, leave her with the babysitter lah. Yeah, probably you did not use the optimium gears for each different terrain.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lau looks expensive.

Actually I like the Eb Bike but $1700 is like waste money leh. And buy 2 means waste twice.

Doubt I will get e bike for now. Wait till price drops more.
toyota usually is very deliberate with design and testing before launching any product. worth a try than made in china crap trap.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hopefully one day Toyota also help manufacture medical treatments.
not sure about toyota doing medical stuff. i’d rather go with porsche e-car.
67988DE2-8DCC-4CE0-B97E-62A7DDFF7826.jpeg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
We got real bikes already. As mentioned earlier we had trouble getting around in the mountains with the uphills. We not fit lah.

Also I think we used the gears wrongly. Will go try again maybe this weekend and see if use of gears properly results in being able to pedal uphill better or not.

Wife is the one say she wants to get e-bike. Our little girl rides with her so she has added weight on her bike. The good E bikes are costly. Our bikes cost around $100+ bought 10 years ago.

View attachment 125055
Those are mountain bikes.
You need to be pretty fit to ride in the m&d.
Get a proper road bike with skinny wheels. And just cycle around the neighbourhood, avoid highways and major roads for safety. From pictures you gave, plenty if uphill and downhill stretches near your home. After one hour cycling, you will feel so much better