• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of getting E bikes

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Lots to explore in the mountains and many trails suitable for biking too and the trails for biking different from hiking trails. Different views.

Some photos from our last trip few weeks ago
20211002_111712.jpg
20211002_122403.jpg
20211002_122412.jpg
20211002_122415.jpg
20211002_124601.jpg
20211002_113047.jpg

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the Costco Gen3 one is spoked wheels 500W motor.

Seems like Gen3 is a division of Ubio Labs. So bike to assembled in Washington?

The Orca is suited for Singapore... after all, highest point is Bukit Timah at 163m. No need for powerful motor or high capacity battery!

Gen3 probably just shipped semi-assembled. The spoked wheels will be stronger than the one-piece rims on the Orca.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The Orca is suited for Singapore... after all, highest point is Bukit Timah at 163m. No need for powerful motor or high capacity battery!

Gen3 probably just shipped semi-assembled. The spoked wheels will be stronger than the one-piece rims on the Orca.
Spoked wheels more expensive from what I read.

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots to explore in the mountains and many trails suitable for biking too and the trails for biking different from hiking trails. Different views.

Some photos from our last trip few weeks ago

So beautiful... I really enjoyed visiting Banff years ago, staying at Chateau Lake Louise in spring. The chipmunks there are super cute, super fat, and out of control! They kept running into the hotel for snacks, and weren't afraid of people. They would just flop down to snooze in the sun.

The scenery you have beats anything east of the Rockies here. All I have nearby are the Appalachian "mountains". Max height only about 2000m. They used to be as tall as the Himalayas, but they're so old that they've worn down to nothing.

I'd migrate to Alberta for the scenery alone if it wasn't so cold!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Got this in the end. Much cheaper. From Costco CAD$399.99 each. One for me and one for wife.

And we also bought an extra seat for the kid.

5c7e3cb1bec7775f77669cf3-large.jpg

Last edited:

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got this in the end. Much cheaper. From Costco CAD$399.99 each. One for me and one for wife.

And we also bought an extra seat for the kid.

View attachment 126760

Cheap! If you have to throw it away because it isn’t good, it won’t hurt much. Weird frame, but you can’t argue with $300+. If you find that wife and self like this, then it makes sense to spend more $, but now too early.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Cheap! If you have to throw it away because it isn’t good, it won’t hurt much. Weird frame, but you can’t argue with $300+. If you find that wife and self like this, then it makes sense to spend more $, but now too early.

Actually with Costco return policy can return with full refund.

I asked Costco they said can return within a year no problem.

It seems to have quite good reviews though. 350W motor is powerful for the low price.

And many modifications can change the battery etc.

I figured $399.99 for 1 e bike. 2 is $800. The Gen3 groove is $1699 for ONE bike. Go budget lah. LOL!

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ebikes you get in Sinki are of inferior makes cos local importers will get them at cheapo prices and mark up astronomically. This is the way business man can make money and keep mistresses or fxxk their female employees.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Charged the bikes. Took it out for test run. Not bad. The 350W motor powerful go up hill very fast! Good product for the price!