• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things are not looking pretty for PAP, what do you think?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Things are not looking pretty for PAP, what do you think?[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
March 12th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

huh.png
What do you think?

I thought I sense something big is happening in the politics of this island. But I rule them out as voices from the lunatic fringe, congregating mostly in blogosphere. The anger and spitefulness cannot be missed and growing daily. Then, blogosphere is the equivalent of Liang Shan or Mt Liang in the classic Water Margin, where the heroes or victims of the establishment called home. So, I can only take the grumbling as a little disturbance and would come to nothing eventually. It is too small a group of people kpkb daily and awaiting for doomsday or a political judgement day.

Other than netizens in cyberspace, uneasiness and a sense of despair and helpless also pervade in casual discussions. The mood is that the ruling party has lost is support and trust from the people. The Presidential Election and the two by elections were seen as the harbingers of more of the same to come. The little crowd in Hong Lim too was read by many that it is not as small as it looked and the unhappiness is more widespread than thought.

Seah Chiang Nee, the ex ST editor, also wrote about the increasing vocal elite that were once part of the establishment and expressing their misgivings and disagreement quite openly. Then yesterday I read Catherine Lim, a doyen of govt critics, in an article about the PAP losing it. The party has lost its long taken for granted trust and support of the people. The people are cynical, and questioning, and doubtful of the direction going forward as plotted by the Govt.

In Catherine Lim’s view, all is not lost. The PAP only needs to cleanse its past by embracing the ex political dissidents that were forced out of the country, some released from political detention, and bows for forgiveness. That would show some sincerity and humility of the unpleasant past, and to emerge from the dark side in sparkling white once again.

I am less sanguine about this assessment and less optimistic that the problem is just about a dark chapter of our political history. I think the problems are more basic, bread and butter issues, jobs, cost of living and the increasing tension brought about by a misplaced foreign talent group that have proven to be more a pain in the arse than people deserving to be welcomed as new partners in our economic and social development. Many citizens are feeling cheated by Govt policies and a future of a highly intense society, of having to pay more for less, smaller homes, no cars, bank breaking hospital fees, and having to compete unfairly with foreign mobs that are haughty, cocky, unworthy and untrustworthy while feasting on our hospitality and taking away good jobs from the locals.

The PAP is losing its grip on the voters in more ways than could be envisaged. I don’t see any hope of them regaining the trust and support of the people like in the past. It is a slippery downward slide to oblivion. I qualify to say that my readings are one sided. Then again, the truth will surface very soon when grassroots leaders are also getting ambivalent about what is installed for them in the next GE.

Things are not looking pretty for the PAP. Feel free to disagree with my diagnosis. I am just a political watcher and commentator and I am looking at the scenario through tinted lens.
Chua Chin Leng aka redbean
* The writer blogs at http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/

Read more at http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/1...etty-for-pap-what-do-you-think/#ixzz2NQjzIyMT
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Follow us: TREmeritus on Facebook

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Can the PAP really be voted out come GE 2016?[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
March 12th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Spore-Vote111111.png
Seems that I see this statement “GE2016, vote the PAP out!” very frequently repeated but is this statement going to come true?

I would like to share some conversations I had with my fellow Singaporeans. They were the ones etched into my memory and I think I should share it with all Singaporeans. These were their own words but I just keep to their parting comments in order not to be long-winded. I am not passing judgment here on whether what they said is right or wrong. I’ll let you decide on that yourselves after reading this….

I have a tendency to chit chat with those hawker Aunties and Uncles whenever I “tah pao” my food. I also touched on politics whenever I can. In general, their responses are quite the same. I quote from this kway chap Auntie (spoken in Teochew but translated) “We all know that Lee Hsien Loong is born with a silver spoon. How can he ever understand how a common man lives his life? But we will still vote for PAP because it will be easier when we renew our hawker licenses. Really bo pien”…….

Mr C. Lim (not his real name) sold his Sengkang flat at a high price. With the cash he was able to use it and pay for the down payment of a condo and a fancy car with the rest paid for by monthly installments. He is working as a salesperson selling financial instruments in a bank. I do not know how much he is earning a month but I am quite sure he has quite a sum to service every month. He has two very young children. He is full of praise for Mah Bow Tan, because according to him; if not for Mah he won’t be enjoying the “good life” he is living now. Prior to Feb16, I happened to casually ask him “C. aren’t you going to Hong Lim for your two young children’s sake?” This was his reply “Pam, I live in a condo, drives and very comfortable with my life now. Why should I want to change it? If those people at Hong Lim manage to make the Govt. to change it’s policies for the benefit of my children, I would be able to enjoy it too; don’t you think so since I am a Singaporean too?”

Tom (not his real name) was a colleague of mine back in 2006. He was a Sales Manager of another division. I happened to bump into him in KL after the 2006 GE. We sat down for lunch and I posed him a question “ Tom, why do you think Singaporeans keep voting for the PAP? It looks like they had a landslide victory again!” (referring to GE2006). This was what Tom said to me, “Pam, Singaporeans do not want their children’s future to be jeopardized. Even if they do not agree with the PAP, because of their children; they will still vote the PAP in the hope that their children can have a stable income, start a family and live in a safe environment!” ..this was in 2006.

Fast forward to present… I was at the foot of my block walking to the carpark. A lorry was parked there and some men were standing around it. As I was walking pass, a voice called out “Pam!”. I turned and saw Tom standing there. We spoke for a while and found out that he is now helping his uncle in renovation business. He was replaced by a Degree Holder from India for his Sales Manager’s position. He was unable to find another job for 3 years so he ended up joining his uncle. This was his parting words to me….. “Pam, many years ago we were deceived by the government into thinking that they were in control and had our interests at heart when planning for the future of Singapore. This I realized by the hard way. I had a hard life the last couple of years. This I do not want my children to go through. This time it’s different, Pam. This time my children’s’ future is at stake!”.

Can I conclude from all these conversations that those who had tasted the bitterness of PAP’s policies failure will look forward to voting against them come GE2016 but not those who “thinks” they are leading a good life now? As for those older Singaporeans, they will continuously vote for the PAP because to them “change” is a frightening word….UNLESS, their own children or grandchildren make them realize about how the PAP has failed Singaporeans and this should be done way before GE2016.
Pamela Lin
Return to the Mobile Edition.

Read more at http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/12/can-the-pap-really-be-voted-out-come-ge-2016/#ixzz2NQklym9F
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Follow us: TREmeritus on Facebook

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is the problem when you are both the one to be tested and the tester. Worse is if you set for yourself a measure (GDP) that is directly correlated to your approach (increasing adult population) and in the process is blinded by your performance based on this measure and not on the welfare of the people. So huge income inequality causing difficulty in large segments of the population was argued away as necessary to bring in the new people. All these are very incestuous in argument to justify one another.

This failure to see what went wrong can be corrected in one effective way and that is changing the tester. That tester is you, the people who hold a vote each.

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro.

Thanks for a good logic - tester and tested.
They are total failure...

That is the problem when you are both the one to be tested and the tester. Worse is if you set for yourself a measure (GDP) that is directly correlated to your approach (increasing adult population) and in the process is blinded by your performance based on this measure and not on the welfare of the people. So huge income inequality causing difficulty in large segments of the population was argued away as necessary to bring in the new people. All these are very incestuous in argument to justify one another.

This failure to see what went wrong can be corrected in one effective way and that is changing the tester. That tester is you, the people who hold a vote each.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

doubt so. Mr C lim personify the typical selfish sinkie who only see short term AND expects others to do the dirty work while he reaps the rewards. sit back and watch otehrs demo , complain and yet vote for the pappies come GE. AND when he gets retrenched cow beh and cow bu. unfortunately the majority of sinkies are like him and all blardy selfish. that's why they get screwed again and again. the article is a joke. all talk and hot air only. Mr C Lim is a typical example. come GE and pappies dangle some small carrots , you bet all this bravado talk of change goes out of the window. never seen such selfish people before. this is karma and you get what you sow.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear frens. Forgive my pessimism. But i do not think that 2016 will b much of a difference due to my lack of confidence towards the voters.

Look at those tat voted pap eventhough they hate it. Look at their bleeding heart excuses. For e.g:

I vote pap but i hope oppo wins
I vote pap so my hdb goes up
I vote pap if not they make my life difficult.
I vote pap coz wp not contesting in my ward
Etc etc.

N if 3rd rate oppos like sda n rp etc contest. wont the voters choose pap?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear frens. Forgive my pessimism. But i do not think that 2016 will b much of a difference due to my lack of confidence towards the voters.

I share your pessimism. To gain just one-third of the seats, every opposition party (or at least the average party - some must do much better to compensate for the poor ones) must do as well as what WP did in GE 2011, a pretty tall order.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I share your pessimism. To gain just one-third of the seats, every opposition party (or at least the average party - some must do much better to compensate for the poor ones) must do as well as what WP did in GE 2011, a pretty tall order.

Do not despair, we are closer than you think. And best they do not know it.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard not to despair. PAP despite its failings are too entrench in the Singapore psyche. Now I see WP taking over the mantle but PAP is too big and WP too small. All other oppo parties have limited appeal. SDP has a leader that no one trusts. Also they are too atas and hence limited appeal amongst the heartlanders. Also they policies are taken lock stock and barrel from the west like human rights, welfare etc which has fucked up ang mor land.

NSP. Dont seem to see them as viable. Limited appeal but more appealing that SDA and RP.

SPP. CST is old and failing in health and Nina chiam is really seen as a poor successor to CST legacy. CST has no legacy left

SDA and RP...need I say more??

For me, I will vote for the Oppos no matter what.,..but I do know if the oppos are clowns Singaporeans will not vote for them. So if such 3rd rate oppos stand in the next election...will pap loose its 2/3 majority...???

Do not despair, we are closer than you think. And best they do not know it.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard not to despair. PAP despite its failings are too entrench in the Singapore psyche. Now I see WP taking over the mantle but PAP is too big and WP too small. All other oppo parties have limited appeal. SDP has a leader that no one trusts. Also they are too atas and hence limited appeal amongst the heartlanders. Also they policies are taken lock stock and barrel from the west like human rights, welfare etc which has fucked up ang mor land.

NSP. Dont seem to see them as viable. Limited appeal but more appealing that SDA and RP.

SPP. CST is old and failing in health and Nina chiam is really seen as a poor successor to CST legacy. CST has no legacy left

SDA and RP...need I say more??

For me, I will vote for the Oppos no matter what.,..but I do know if the oppos are clowns Singaporeans will not vote for them. So if such 3rd rate oppos stand in the next election...will pap loose its 2/3 majority...???

I understand. But if there is hope of the opposition making Leegime lose a few millionaires possible, you will see candidates or even better quality coming up to the challenge. The time is now.
Also, some Leegime people may turn. The ludicrity is so obvious even D grade graduates can see it. B to C+ grade (deflated to the old local standards - overseas grading is super inflated) fake scholars of Leegime sure can see.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good

Good. That's the spirit ! Got hope liao. :biggrin:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore-Vote111111.png

I have a tendency to chit chat with those hawker Aunties and Uncles whenever I “tah pao” my food. I also touched on politics whenever I can. In general, their responses are quite the same. I quote from this kway chap Auntie (spoken in Teochew but translated) “We all know that Lee Hsien Loong is born with a silver spoon. How can he ever understand how a common man lives his life? But we will still vote for PAP because it will be easier when we renew our hawker licenses. Really bo pien”

He was replaced by a Degree Holder from India for his Sales Manager’s position. He was unable to find another job for 3 years so he ended up joining his uncle. This was his parting words to me….. “Pam, many years ago we were deceived by the government into thinking that they were in control and had our interests at heart when planning for the future of Singapore. This I realized by the hard way. I had a hard life the last couple of years. This I do not want my children to go through. This time it’s different, Pam. This time my children’s’ future is at stake!”.

Can I conclude from all these conversations that those who had tasted the bitterness of PAP’s policies failure will look forward to voting against them come GE2016 but not those who “thinks” they are leading a good life now? As for those older Singaporeans, they will continuously vote for the PAP because to them “change” is a frightening word….UNLESS, their own children or grandchildren make them realize about how the PAP has failed Singaporeans and this should be done way before GE2016.

No use lay. Fuckin aunties is really one kind lah.

Not enough oppos can bring monkeys ah ?

76_vrij_leuk_cartoon_aap_clipart_illustratie_poster-rcb3d4d90e65a477eb52109743cfbdb3f_2as9_216.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Good

Fren,,I vote for oppos since i could start voting..but others dont think like that,,that is why PAP keeps winning,,,sometimes I ask myself,,what can my 1 vote do? and the answer is in the previous erection...a PAP win

Good. That's the spirit ! Got hope liao. :biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things are not looking pretty for the PAP, and they know it. Just take a look at the front page headlines in the brothel press in the past week or so:

Thursday - 15 MOE KINDERGARTENS TO SET QUALITY STANDARDS

Wednesday - 6 MORE HOSPITALS, LOWER MEDICAL BILLS

Tuesday - PANEL SET UP TO SALUTE NATIONAL SERVICEMEN

Monday - KHAW SHARES IDEAS TO LOWER PRICES OF HDB FLATS

Saturday - NEW HDB FLATS TO BECOME CHEAPER

The PAP has been back-peddling on newly minted policies within days of their announcement - just think of the changes they made to the COE/Car financing schemes when the immobile, the car-dealers, the commercial vehicle owners, aunties and their dogs start bitching all and sundry. These instant changes also reflect the poor quality of the civil servants, abetted by the equally incompetent and inexperienced ministers when the policies were announced.

They have created a monster in Singapore, with all the poor policies in the past decade or so, and it has reached a stage where the tweaking here and there will do nothing and please no one. They have lost all political goodwill and capital with which to maintain their previous high ground - WE WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT, AND NOT WHAT IS POPULAR. Tell that to the marines now.

Supported by a docile (I am being polite here) press, they PAP started believing their own press releases in the ST (which is basically just an in-house newsletter for the govt).