• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Prediction for this year's 2023 Sinkie Presidential Election! haha] IF the following 4 candidates end up on the ballot, who do you THINK WILL win?

Please understand that I'm NOT asking you, "Who do you WANT to win?"

• Total voters

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the PAP, if samsters here can't bring themselves to vote for SM Tharman, they have 3 alternative choices to choose from. Lots of democracy in Singapore.
Dear @JohnTan, many thanks for your reply and for finally predicting that Tharman will win!
bow-gif.40441
:tongue:

But unless I'm very mistaken, those Sinkies who "can't bring themselves to vote for SM Tharman" also include a significant percentage of the usual PAP voters (i.e. roughly 61% of the valid voters for the last General Election roughly three years ago in 2020), right?
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

Of course, some of the usual "Opposition" voters will probably join some of the usual PAP voters to vote for Ng Kok Song and Tan Kin Lian, similar to what happened in 2011; but instead of Ng Kok Song, it was Tan Jee Say who received votes from those kinds of Sinkies.

But if something similar to what happened in 2011 were to happen again this year, then that would mean that once again, the vast majority of the votes received by Ng Kok Song and Tan Kin Lian would be from a significant percentage of the usual PAP voters, right?
redface-gif.40438

Maybe Tharman will still end up receiving the most votes; but I'm LESS than 69% sure of that happening! :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman will 99% win else tanks will roll out on the road.
The PAP-Gov will make sure Tharman wins 'legitimately' using mass propaganda + dirt-digging on the opposing candidates.

Imagine if George Goh wins, how is PAP going to survive in next GE? LOL.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tartman is a very popular MP...and as an establishment candidate with state resources behind him. However the presidency might be a poison chalice like what happened to OTC and Nair...the presidency is also to preserve pinky as many want tartman to be PM

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's my own prediction:

1. George Goh Ching Wah - 40% (i.e. the "Opposition" voters)

2. Tharman Shanmugaratnam - 30% (i.e. PAP voters who don't mind an Indian Sinkie President, but I think he will receive LESS than Tony Tan's 35% in 2011)

3. Ng Kok Song - 20% (i.e. PAP voters who want a Chinese Sinkie President, but I think he will receive LESS than Tan Jee Say's 25% in 2011)

4. Tan Kin Lian - 10% (i.e. PAP voters who want a Chinese Sinkie President, but I think he will receive MORE than his own 5% in 2011, mainly because Tan Jee Say seems to be supporting him! :tongue: )

Finally, here are the two relevant wikipedia articles:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Singaporean_presidential_election
wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Singaporean_presidential_election
for comparison.
Your assessment on TKL is soft.
Now that it is confirmed that he was unwanted by Income Board that led to his departure from Income, do you think that Sinkies will trust him better?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clown show.
Performing clowns don't know if they can run.
Or walk the plank.

The Unchained Goh repeating ad nauseam about his past records.
But talk about transparency when he does not even want to name the 5 companies which
qualify him. He claims to have founded more than 100 companies. What happened to them?

Cock Song's "philosophy" is going more and more parellel to what a PAP MP would say in parliament.
Talking cock about mental health, learning meditation etc. - obviously nothing substantive say. Doing
things like giving fiancee a rose in the Tiong Baru market is as substantive as he can get.

Kuai Lan Tan (K.L.Tan) is all about needing to see himself on TV. Waste of paper, ink.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clown show.
Performing clowns don't know if they can run.
Or walk the plank.

The Unchained Goh repeating ad nauseam about his past records.
But talk about transparency when he does not even want to name the 5 companies which
qualify him. He claims to have founded more than 100 companies. What happened to them?

Cock Song's "philosophy" is going more and more parellel to what a PAP MP would say in parliament.
Talking cock about mental health, learning meditation etc. - obviously nothing substantive say. Doing
things like giving fiancee a rose in the Tiong Baru market is as substantive as he can get.

Kuai Lan Tan (K.L.Tan) is all about needing to see himself on TV. Waste of paper, ink.
That is why they are all pap strawmen