• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"I am thus supportive of this Bill’s purpose of seeking to inject some efficiency and timelines into bankruptcy administration. I also welcome the increase in the bankruptcy debt threshold from $10,000 to $15,000, in view of the rise in costs since the threshhold was last set.

However, I wish to seek some clarifications on two areas viz. private trustees, and the time limits for discharge of bankrupts." - Sylvia Lim

Debate on Bankruptcy (Amendment) Bill – MP Sylvia Lim
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim [Delivered in Parliament on 13 July 2015] Over the years, I have encountered residents who were made bankrupts due to bus
wp.sg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is a silent party
WP is PAP 'B' Team

Attachments

• sl.jpg
    sl.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 530

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

MPs of Aljunied GRC greeting residents after the Eid prayer at Masjid Al-Istiqamah at Serangoon North.
10404258_1142441432439105_4166336583187796346_n.jpg

Workers’ Party’s AHPETC becomes a directly-managed town council

The Workers’ Party’s Aljunied-Hougang Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) ceased to be managed by a Managing Agent on 15 July, WP MP Lee Lilian said on her Facebook page on late Thursday night.

“For the last few months, my fellow MPs and I have been busy with the handover. Preparation for this day started as early as Feb this year,” Lee wrote, adding that she had been tasked with recruitment to build a team of staff capable of managing the estate.

Recruiters placed notices on the boards across the seven divisions managed by WP, a method which attracted applications. “I’m very heartened to note that despite the recent saga experienced by the TC, we have residents who wrote in to express their interest to join the TC. Although not all were found to be suitable, I am very touched to see residents coming forward,” Lee said.

Liked

Lee Li Lian (李丽连)Public Figure · 11,567 Likes
· 17 hrs · Edited ·

It is public news that AHPE TC will not be managed by a Managing Agent from 15 July 2015. 15 July 2015 marks day 1 of our directly managed TC, a new beginning.

For the last few months, my fellow MPs and I have been busy with the handover. Preparation for this day started as early as Feb this year. As the MP in charge of HR (a new dept), my immediate task was to carry out recruitment to ensure we have enough quality staff strength to manage the estate. We have tried several methods to reach out to potential candidates and one of the methods was to put up recruitment notice on our notice boards across the 7 divisions that we managed.

I'm very heartened to note that despite the recent saga experienced by the TC, we have residents who wrote in to express their interest to join the TC. Although not all were found to be suitable, I am very touched to see residents coming forward smile emoticon
The MPs of AHPE TC will continue to serve our residents to the best of our abilities. Thank you for the support and understanding.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
The United Nations Human Rights, Taiwan, HK, Malaysia had voiced out the injustice of Amos Yee saga.
More than 500 people gathered at HLP including a pastor, human right activist speak up for the injustice done to a 16 years child.
Yet so-called opposition party's Workers' Party can stay silent for the injustice simply that Amos was rude their their 'Ah Gong'
What to you expect WP to speak up for us in the future ???????

Attachments

• wp n lky - Copy.jpeg
    wp n lky - Copy.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 591

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Workers’ Party’s AHPETC becomes a directly-managed town council

The Workers’ Party’s Aljunied-Hougang Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) ceased to be managed by a Managing Agent on 15 July, WP MP Lee Lilian said on her Facebook page on late Thursday night.

“For the last few months, my fellow MPs and I have been busy with the handover. Preparation for this day started as early as Feb this year,” Lee wrote, adding that she had been tasked with recruitment to build a team of staff capable of managing the estate.

Recruiters placed notices on the boards across the seven divisions managed by WP, a method which attracted applications. “I’m very heartened to note that despite the recent saga experienced by the TC, we have residents who wrote in to express their interest to join the TC. Although not all were found to be suitable, I am very touched to see residents coming forward,” Lee said.

Liked

Lee Li Lian (李丽连)Public Figure · 11,567 Likes
· 17 hrs · Edited ·

It is public news that AHPE TC will not be managed by a Managing Agent from 15 July 2015. 15 July 2015 marks day 1 of our directly managed TC, a new beginning.

For the last few months, my fellow MPs and I have been busy with the handover. Preparation for this day started as early as Feb this year. As the MP in charge of HR (a new dept), my immediate task was to carry out recruitment to ensure we have enough quality staff strength to manage the estate. We have tried several methods to reach out to potential candidates and one of the methods was to put up recruitment notice on our notice boards across the 7 divisions that we managed.

I'm very heartened to note that despite the recent saga experienced by the TC, we have residents who wrote in to express their interest to join the TC. Although not all were found to be suitable, I am very touched to see residents coming forward smile emoticon
The MPs of AHPE TC will continue to serve our residents to the best of our abilities. Thank you for the support and understanding.

11745880_929808743747007_4923452783534172465_n.jpg

11403070_929808760413672_2613187998328722190_n.jpg

11760209_929808763747005_2465090087197678485_n.jpg

11251724_929808863746995_8427040853542187594_n.jpg

11225307_929808903746991_3086906495989030386_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
respect our Ah Gong

oh ....Yes:
July 12, 2015 at 6:20 pm (Quote)
@Silly Blue:

*When *KY died, WP and LTK were mourning *KY’s death,
even spending time doing vigil for this dictator,
GMS refused to pay his respects to such a dictator! He has written a very critical but objective article on *KY but refused to worship such a dictator because there were thousands of people who suffered under his rule!
*When Amos kena bullied and was unjustly persecuted,
GMS stood up against it!
Who in WP has uttered a word against such human rights abuse?

*WP has a F for its performance in Parliament lah!
Even simple press release for this once in 30 years MRT
breakdown also dunno how to write
Inside Parliament cannot perform, outside Parliament screws
up TC management. What else is WP good at?
YOU ARE RIGHT ON ALL THESE POINTS,
THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED A WAYANG PARTY

--------------------------------------------------

Wkw:
July 12, 2015 at 6:34 pm (Quote)

If WP MPs dare not speak out in parliament we should turn full support to other oppo parties:- Sdp, NSP, SPP,RP at least we know people like CSC, RJ, Lc will speak out in parliament. We do not want to vote in jiak liow bees, forever quiet in parliament and screws up full scale on the town council operations!

----------------------------------------------

WP supported PAP to for CPF min sum withdrawal at age 65 !!!
WP former disgrace MP for Hougang Yaw Shin Leong voted for PAP.
WP does not support freedom of speech.

The United Nations Human Rights, Taiwan, HK, Malaysia had voiced out the injustice of Amos Yee saga.
More than 500 people gathered at HLP including a pastor, human right activist speak up for the injustice done to a 16 years child.

The so-called opposition party's Workers' Party can stay silent for the injustice simply that Amos was rude their 'Ah Gong'
What to you expect WP as an opposition party if elected again ???????
More tea party ! free hair cut, durian tour !!! sleep inside parliament !!!

Attachments

• wp n lky - Copy.jpeg
    wp n lky - Copy.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 572

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW) added 4 new photos.
[/h]July 14 at 4:55pm ·

This week's the SG100 Art Competition goes to Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC. It will take place this Saturday, 18 July 2015, 9am at Block 550, Bedok North Avenue 1. All are welcome. We look forward to more beautiful portraits from both the young and young at heart alike.

11181392_10153407426828972_7059225531756816195_n.jpg

11737957_10153407426943972_9108993292294026464_n.jpg

11753747_10153407427003972_540174228176843986_n.jpg

11745514_10153407427138972_7479900205218184222_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)

We saw some good participation from the young and the young-at-heart at Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC earlier this morning. We had some very interesting and creative pieces of work. The SG100 art competition goes to Maplewood Park, Lorong Ah Soo next Saturday! On a roll! Hope to see you next week!

11755694_10153416136958972_1369290767053025128_n.jpg

11403026_10153416136973972_653727877265211132_n.jpg

11742653_10153416137058972_7071862685699886287_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)

We are off on our very own cultural mapping exercise on 1 August 2015. We hope that through this exercise, participants would be able to learn about the relationship between urban planning, conservation and their relationship with the identity and heritage of Upper Serangoon Road.

Look forward to this and we hope you can sign up and join us on 1 August! To register, email [email protected]. Open to all. See you there!

11701078_10153411074408972_8246183502319173678_n.jpg

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM talking to TIME

Speaking to the Time editors, he applied the same logic to political discourse - saying that direct, open debate was the more constructive option than political posturing.

"Criticism, any amount, we welcome it. Come, let's have a discussion, in Parliament all the better. The problem we have is that the criticism comes snidely and round the corner and when we face the critics across the aisle in the Chamber with the television cameras on, their criticism withers. It's very sad and it's not by chance," Mr Lee said.

"The trouble is the critics know that they don't always have a good argument and they prefer to do this by whispers and nudges, rather than by direct, open debate."

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chen Jiaxi Bernard

Every third Saturday of the month, we gather at Block 544, Bedok North St 3 at Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC for the monthly welfare distribution exercise for our needy residents.

11402976_10152972691121625_1373972871371257133_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
All WP know is eat n eat.....afraid to face the lightning.

Who or which employer do you think will pay more than $10K
salary to these murmurs/silencers if they lose MPshipss???

WP worship their horrible Ah Gong and WP will not speak up for you !!!
WP under LTK will not progress further.
I bet WP votes will certainly drop 3-5% in coming GE16.
WP deserved to be kicked out as WP already wayang too long inside the parliament

This pic speaks volume that WP is a fake opposition party

Spolit your vote at Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East.

Attachments

• wp n lky.jpeg
    wp n lky.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 387

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
I am highly, highly and absolutely disappointed with the report. There is no clear justification for the changes. With the eraser and the pencil, the mighty committee has made the Joo Chiat SMC with such a rich and unique tradition disappear. It was a SMC from 1959-1988 and also for the last 3 GEs since 2001. It always had just a very small number of HDB flats in the SMC all the while, perhaps under 2% of the population.

We have walked the ground tirelessly for 4 years since the last GE, in and around the SMC, week after week, sometimes even in scorching heat and drizzles. Residents whom I have met were looking forward to a good and gentlemanly contest again like what we had the last time. Some 'wise men' in a small committee decided otherwise, for reasons best known to themselves.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Of all the comments that I have read today, this one tickled me the most. I have been called one of the best losers in GE2011 for coming to about 1% to winning. As a result, I became a NCMP for the next 4.5 years.
Now I have been 'upgraded' to become THE biggest loser in today's electoral boundaries revision.
My old school motto is Potest Qui Vult - "He Who Wills, Can" (St Pat's boys must know this!). I guess one can't be down on luck for too long. Forrest Gump said, "My momma always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.'"
Yeah, keep on trying. Maybe a nice chocolate awaits.

The Biggest Loser - Yee Jenn Jong
With the announcement of the electoral boundaries, who do you think is the biggest loser? Tin Pei Ling comes to your mind? If you read my previous post, she is most definitely not going to lo...
riseofthestrawberrynation.wordpress.com

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Shooting with the JC Archers for probably the last time this period until the battle is done and over with. Been shooting whenever I could every Saturday morning since several of us founded the interest group 2 years ago. It has become a routine... Arrows in morning, house visits in the afternoon each Saturday.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;9R-Fwylg0tU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R-Fwylg0tU[/video]

with the compliments from fuckSDPparty

See the hopeless LTK cannot answer a simple, yes

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Of all the comments that I have read today, this one tickled me the most. I have been called one of the best losers in GE2011 for coming to about 1% to winning. As a result, I became a NCMP for the next 4.5 years.
Now I have been 'upgraded' to become THE biggest loser in today's electoral boundaries revision.
My old school motto is Potest Qui Vult - "He Who Wills, Can" (St Pat's boys must know this!). I guess one can't be down on luck for too long. Forrest Gump said, "My momma always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.'"
Yeah, keep on trying. Maybe a nice chocolate awaits.

The Biggest Loser - Yee Jenn Jong
With the announcement of the electoral boundaries, who do you think is the biggest loser? Tin Pei Ling comes to your mind? If you read my previous post, she is most definitely not going to lo...
riseofthestrawberrynation.wordpress.com

If it is a sign, then Destiny has a great sense of humour. Am in Melbourne to give a keynote speech at a symposium on Border Thinking / Thinking about Borders, and the electoral boundaries were announced. Everyone here was excited for me. Somebody made the remark that most of the changes took place in and around wards contested by WP in 2011, that the PAP is afraid of WP. Nah, the PAP is afraid of the people. And that is ironic.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish to say that while I am generally an opposition supporter but I am also largely disappointed with the WP and PAP whose sole objective is only to play political games with each other at the expense of residents who are caught in a tug of war. The WP and its supporters who never fail to cry foul are not looking objectively at their own failings either. I can still understand if this was the case with the various government agencies and civil servants victimizing AHPETC but a Supreme Court Judge who is a neutral party is now calling 1 of my MPs a liar, a charge she dare not refute because she knows it is all true, period!

I had initially thought the PAP would do some soul searching and perhaps, repentance too with the loss of my constituency but this has proven not to be the case. I remembered Victor Lie proclaiming to a crowd of PAP conventioneers in 2012 that "the people must perceive they mean something to the PAP and the party must respond by sending in figures that are of "value" to wrest back the ward. But what have we witnessed instead? Dr Koh Poh Koon, Desmond Choo and Ong Ye Kung being transferred to safe wards, leaving unknown newbies to do battle with the incumbents. I feel this will become the turning point for the PAP of Aljunied in that they have lost this ward forever.

Not that the WP can feel comforted it has been doing a great job. On the contrary, they campaigned for a "first world parliament" but ended up mirroring the PAP instead, both in terms of their conservatism and line up. They have fielded graduates who have remained virtually silent on issues of accountability and transparency that matters most to the people. The initial hype leading to GE 2011 of Chen Show Mao has now proven to amount to nothing as he fades into becoming another yes man for party whip LTK and Sylvia. Chen has not spoken much and issues of his estate remains vexing, with no responses to email queries and maintainance/cleanliness remains a constant problem. Sure, Pritam and Sylvia did speak a little at first but were later cowed into submission with Pritam publicly admitting timidity when the ruling PAP clamped down on them. It did not take much effort for the PAP to do so as the WP was literally caught with their pants down.

All eyes are now on the SDP and SFP, equiped with well rounded people who are not afraid to speak up, have clear plans on estate management and running the economy as well. I can only hope that the people of Sembawang, Holland Bt Timah and Bt Panjang will give them a chance to enter parliament and take Khaw Boon Wan and Vivian to task for arrogance and lapses in their ministries. As for us at Aljunied, we have paid the ultimate price for 'democracy' which is as good as having no voice in parliament with the WP voting in harmony with PAP on most issues.

Chris Han
A.S.S. Contributor