• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Football experts says it will be hard for Spain to win this tournament, u predictions always salad 1

Experts? If experts pick different teams then how? Which one to follow? You must do your own analysis and make your own judgement. And Marwijk is not a good coach, shifting blame on his players. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Experts? If experts pick different teams then how? Which one to follow? You must do your own analysis and make your own judgement. And Marwijk is not a good coach, shifting blame on his players. :biggrin:

Agree with you talkincock on "experts". :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
i looked up into the stars last night and divine predicted England's destiny in Euro 2012.

England to win Euro 2012. Andy Carroll to score a hat-trick in final and also tournament top scorer with 10 goals. if not i will..... remember you guys read it here first. world exclusive.

Andy Carroll might not even get off the bench............................................. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No to England and its mostly Liverpool shit players.

Martin Kelly was selected on merit... LMFAO!

Roy Hodgson is nothing more than a mid-table club manager.

jw5

Loyal
No to England and its mostly Liverpool shit players.

Martin Kelly was selected on merit... LMFAO!

Roy has got too much criticism for his handling of the Ferdinand affair.
Look at it from his point of view.
He knew that Ferdinand and Terry (whom I consider the biggest asshole of all) could not co-exist.
So initially he had to select one of them for the squad.
He chose Terry, yes, for footballing reasons. In his opinion, Terry was the better player of the 2, which is arguable.
He had Jagielka and Kelly on the standby list.
When Barry got injured, Jagielka was called up. When Cahill got injured, Kelly was called up.
Ferdinand is probably better and certainly more experienced than Kelly, but he could not be called becos #1 asshole still around.
The "footballing" decision was made when Terry was selected over Ferdinand initially.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
No to England and its mostly Liverpool shit players. Martin Kelly was selected on merit... LMFAO!

England has no chance at the Euro under Hodgson. This is the guy who screwed up at Liverpool and sacked mid-way. West Brom was mid-table, respectable for a club this size. But Hodgson is not Mourinho. I don't see England progressing beyond group stage.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You all don't argue so much. Germany will win the cup.

KNN, went all the way to Kranji camp, then realise today no RT.

jw5

Loyal
Roy chose steward downing over Aaron Lennon. Enough said. Steward downing?... Because he s ex pool coach is it? Wtf

Downing was a poor choice, when he was selected, I suggested that he should have taken another centreback in Jagielka
and not Downing, because there were more than enough wide players.

I have this naughty theory about Roy's selection of the Liverfool players too.
He is selecting Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Kelly, etc (not Gerrard and Johnson who would have been selected by any
manager), to prove a point. The point is that the players are good enough but the manager (Dalglish) and the team were not, i.e.
if he (Hodgson) had these players at Pool, he would have had greater success, hehehehe.................. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy has got too much criticism for his handling of the Ferdinand affair.
Look at it from his point of view.
He knew that Ferdinand and Terry (whom I consider the biggest asshole of all) could not co-exist.
So initially he had to select one of them for the squad.
He chose Terry, yes, for footballing reasons. In his opinion, Terry was the better player of the 2, which is arguable.
He had Jagielka and Kelly on the standby list.
When Barry got injured, Jagielka was called up. When Cahill got injured, Kelly was called up.
Ferdinand is probably better and certainly more experienced than Kelly, but he could not be called becos #1 asshole still around.
The "footballing" decision was made when Terry was selected over Ferdinand initially.

The reason why England are in such a shambles defensively is because of the decision of some High Court Judge who decided that Terry's racial abuse trial (against Rio's brother) be postponed until July. Had the trial taken place before the Euros, we would have known whether Terry was guilty or innocent and draw a line under the whole matter.
Instead what we have are two players who would have difficulty playing along side each other. Martin Kelly is nowhere near the same calibre as Rio Ferdinand but can he play alongside Terry? Hodgson obviously thinks not.

jw5

Loyal
The reason why England are in such a shambles defensively is because of the decision of some High Court Judge who decided that Terry's racial abuse trial (against Rio's brother) be postponed until July. Had the trial taken place before the Euros, we would have known whether Terry was guilty or innocent and draw a line under the whole matter.
Instead what we have are two players who would have difficulty playing along side each other. Martin Kelly is nowhere near the same calibre as Rio Ferdinand but can he play alongside Terry? Hodgson obviously thinks not.

Agree about the trial, but the problem with the team selection would still be there.
Terry and Ferdinand would still not be able to co-exist.
Well, if Terry was guilty, he would probably not be selected, but if innocent, they would still have problems being in the same squad.

Roy is just hoping that Terry, Jagielka and Lescott remain fit and suspension free, becos Kelly is essentially a right back and Jones who
was slated to be the back up right back, has shown that he is not experienced enough as centre back with Man Utd.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all don't argue so much. Germany will win the cup.

KNN, went all the way to Kranji camp, then realise today no RT.

"Germany will win the cup"... that's what they said in 2006.

Schweinsteiger has been crying in Die Mannschaft since 2004.

Germany is a big-time choker in big games.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
"Germany will win the cup"... that's what they said in 2006.

Schweinsteiger has been crying in Die Mannschaft since 2004.

Germany is a big-time choker in big games.

Take your pick for the winner and we shall discuss again after the final :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about England in Euro is a waste of time lah, joker team, lol

Bring it on, we Dutch team are fearless, 来一个,杀一个 :biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope the Germans will give that Pea Cock Ronaldo a good lesson tonite.. He's on my all time hated players list.. Get ready to see him stumbling and falling dramatically at every German's tackles..

I'll pick the Krauts to win tonite..

As for England, they'll not go past the group stages.. Too difficult group for them especially with home team Ukraine in their group..This is my prediciton for England.. They'll lose to France, will draw againts the Swedes and they'll lose their final game against Ukraine..