• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Malay vote & the PAP

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malays have only themselves to be blamed. They signed a pact with the devil and got an easy serve in what is becoming a very difficult situation where Singaporeans are being squeezed out by foreigners. Providing them jobs, security of tenure in the govt, govt linked and associated bodies are no longer tenable when Chinese, Indians, Singaporeans are being squeezed put by cheap foreigners all the way to PMET levels.

Note the racists comments are coming from YPAP and NTUC, and not the general public.

Why did caustic and incendiary remarks previously unheard of are coming from those close to the PAP. Anyone who read the comments by Amy in her facebook would realise that it is not off the cuff or a trivial. It cuts very deep.

Lots of questions and very little answers.

If Amy is indeed a Malaysian, they should cancel her pass and send her packing. Truly a bitch.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No sympathy for Amy. Everyone should be aware that a careless outburst in this day and age can be career-ending. It also hurts everyone who has been a victim of PAP's policies as it obfuscates the issues and tarnishes the image of Singaporeans in general.

Things were not like this even say 15 years ago. We attended, and enjoyed, countless weddings from people of all races and creeds. We worked for, and enjoyed working for, bosses of all races and creeds.

Who did this to us that we have come to this sorry state.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seen Malay Makciks in Tampines wearing White headscarves with PAP T shirts welcoming Mah Bow Tan during one of his block's visit before the last year's GE.. A Malay uncle even gave a warm hug to MBT when this short prick visited his home at Tampines St 21..

Sometimes I feel, these older generation of Malays were responsible in making the PAP returns to power each time during a GE..

Lets hope the younger generation of Malays do not repeat the same mistake in 2016..

I strongly believes that Unity is Strength..

All of us need to close ranks and defeat the common enemy and that is the PAP and the FTs..

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. The younger generation will have no idea how close we were with all the races. We all forward to the next festival where one is bound to get an invite from friends and neighbours.

The PAP has to dig deep and ask some serious questions about the divide and rule policies. Was it worth creating SAP schools? Was there a need to create self-help groups along racial lines?

Every race has a number of stereotypes. But we learn to tolerate and live. I recall the youtube video about some unpleasant things they said about chinese students in a major US university. Those comments were true and when you are a Chinese you feel hurt and sad. I am sure the Malays feel the same.

I remember many years ago when someone asked me why Chinese families give away baby daughters to Indian and Malay families to raise. It was common sight about 40 years ago. The Indian and Malay families raised them as their own but could not understand why this was so. A blight on the us Chinese. I felt strongly about it.

Things were not like this even say 15 years ago. We attended, and enjoyed, countless weddings from people of all races and creeds. We worked for, and enjoyed working for, bosses of all races and creeds.

Who did this to us that we have come to this sorry state.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malays signed the pact with PAP in 1991arising from the Mendaki revolt. GCT did the deal. They are now fucked and beholden to the PAP.

I have seen Malay Makciks in Tampines wearing White headscarves with PAP T shirts welcoming Mah Bow Tan during one of his block's visit before the last year's GE.. A Malay uncle even gave a warm hug to MBT when this short prick visited his home at Tampines St 21..

Sometimes I feel, these older generation of Malays were responsible in making the PAP returns to power each time during a GE..

Lets hope the younger generation of Malays do not repeat the same mistake in 2016..

I strongly believes that Unity is Strength..

All of us need to close ranks and defeat the common enemy and that is the PAP and the FTs..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Malays have only themselves to be blamed. They signed a pact with the devil and got an easy serve in what is becoming a very difficult situation where Singaporeans are being squeezed out by foreigners. Providing them jobs, security of tenure in the govt, govt linked and associated bodies are no longer tenable when Chinese, Indians, Singaporeans are being squeezed put by cheap foreigners all the way to PMET levels.

Note the racists comments are coming from YPAP and NTUC, and not the general public.

Why did caustic and incendiary remarks previously unheard of are coming from those close to the PAP. Anyone who read the comments by Amy in her facebook would realise that it is not off the cuff or a trivial. It cuts very deep.

If Amy is indeed a Malaysian, they should cancel her pass and send her packing. Truly a bitch.

The Malays must vote wisely at the next GE

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that the Malays love PAP, it is just that they will vote for the ruling party. If one day WP becomes the ruling party, they will get all the support from the Malays. It is the direct opposite of the Chinese in Malaysia who as minority voters will always support the opposition.

Here, what can the opposition do for the Malays? In Malaysia the MCA cannot do much for the Chinese under the UMNO-controlled government whereas opposition like the DAP and make alot of noise and fight hard for the Chinese community...

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I am puzzled and perplexed at the quick response of the PAP ministers to jumping on the Amy Cheong lynch mob. Amy Cheong's views deplorable and idiotic as they are, were they really reflective of racism of an indvidual ? Does one intemperate rant a racist make ? Look if we were all honest with ourselves, we would admit that we have at times of stress, frustration, occasionally lashed out cruelly at friends and family , said nasty hurtful things which we all have regretted and apologised for. Does Amy's remark reflect a momentary anger or more deep seated racism ?

Social media and facebook troll vigilantes who look and scan to be offended on line will find something based on the law of sure numbers, If you look hard enough with a million Singaporeans on Facebook, you will find some intemperate or insensitive rant. With Lionel setting the tone, more police reports will be made every month , or every week as some other Amy Cheong appears. Amy Cheong was a nobody till she was made a somebody, she was not in a senior leadership position in politics or the community and the damage that was inflicted on her versus the damage that one individuals senseless thoughts can cause is totally out of proportion.

If I was to make a quick guess. Amy's comments were sensitive because they squarely brought to the fore front the issues of Malay under development, and the continuing social and economic problems with the community as a whole. If the influx of PAP immigration has depressed wages for all races at the lower skilled end of the spectrum, I see the damage on the Malay Community as being much much worse seeing as they started of with a larger majority of the community on the lower rungs of the ladder.

Locke

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A senior banker in a meeting in Sydney cracked a joke about how the Irish pull up their socks by dropping their pants to the ankles. Most people laughed but the guy was dismissed. To most he was sacked for being stupid rather than being racist.

On another occasion, yet another corporate individual was fired because he peed into a fountain at a hotel as a joke. Again we all agreed that it was for his stupidity.

As pointed out, we all carry bias and harbour stereotypes of other races but we know when and where to share those bias comments.

Her comments were not only nasty, it was also extremely venomous. I never ever heard such comments in a private conversation. The drunk Indian, the lazy Malay, calculative Chinese and band playing Eurasians were stereotypes that we all grew up with. Nothing new. I was also raised about all the bad things associated with various dialect groups. The Hakka were the least trusted.

In essence if Amy Cheong was a hair dresser, we would not be having this discussion. I am sure you are not keen to retain stupid people.

Dear Scroo

I am puzzled and perplexed at the quick response of the PAP ministers to jumping on the Amy Cheong lynch mob. Amy Cheong's views deplorable and idiotic as they are, were they really reflective of racism of an indvidual ? Does one intemperate rant a racist make ? Look if we were all honest with ourselves, we would admit that we have at times of stress, frustration, occasionally lashed out cruelly at friends and family , said nasty hurtful things which we all have regretted and apologised for. Does Amy's remark reflect a momentary anger or more deep seated racism ?

Social media and facebook troll vigilantes who look and scan to be offended on line will find something based on the law of sure numbers, If you look hard enough with a million Singaporeans on Facebook, you will find some intemperate or insensitive rant. With Lionel setting the tone, more police reports will be made and soon every month , or every week some Amy Cheong would soon appear. Amy Cheong was a nobody till she was made a somebody, she was not in a senior leadership position in politics or the community and the damage that was inflicted on her versus the damage that one individuals senseless thoughts can cause is totally out of proportion.

If I was to make a quick guess. Amy's comments were sensitive because they squarely brought to the fore front the issues of Malay under development, and the continuing social and economic problems with the community as a whole. If the influx of PAP immigration has depressed wages for all races at the lower skilled end of the spectrum, I see the damage on the Malay Community as being much much worse seeing as they started of with a larger majority of the community on the lower rungs of the ladder.

Locke

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Locke

YES, come out and say precisely THAT rather than clothe all these buried issues around a swirl of racist innuendo! Singaporeans do not read subtext. Social media users most certainly do not read subtext, as they don't have the brains for it. The PAP understands subtext as fully as you do, but they like to distract people from it by sacrificing sheep like Amy at the altar. Can you understand the damage done here? The PAP has won again and we are all losers, all races included.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, this is one angle I did not see coming. I think a lot of forummers here may be blindsided.

So, it's gotten to the point where we are now begrudging the race as they are perceived to being shielded from the pressures and woes faced by the other racial groups caused by the influx of foreigners, and Amy was just a valve pooper.

If Amy is indeed a Malaysian, she is really stupid for what she had said. Also not her battle. She should have just lain low and shut the fuck up.

The PAP has a lot of work to do and a long way to go.

Providing them jobs, security of tenure in the govt, govt linked and associated bodies are no longer tenable when Chinese, Indians, Singaporeans are being squeezed put by cheap foreigners all the way to PMET levels.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her comments were not only nasty, it was also extremely venomous.

In essence if Amy Cheong was a hair dresser, we would not be having this discussion. I am sure you are not keen to retain stupid people.

Quoteworthy. It is but a commercial decision politicized for gain. The PM and various lackeys coming out in the open to address the decision publicly is queer. It might makes sense in the context of the regime's past policy towards the Malay minority, but i suspect that may not be all. You see, Lawlan Wrong, Ya Coop and Longan Loong have very publicly declared to rein in wild west cowboys by appearing to be the moral authority for online discourse. Instincts have alerted me it is a demonstration that the sheriff is in town, ready to run them down. Cowgirl Cheong was but a convenient target, easy as shooting fish from a barrel.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think putting the blame on malay votes on the state of political affairs in Singapore is unfair.

Singapore has only less than 20% and even putting all the blame on malays does not make up the 60% vote.

How about putting the blame on the old folks? Not exactly, old folks are listening to their children who to vote, and PAP still wins.

How about putting the blame on new citizens? Maybe,,,

As i know many youngsters still vote for PAP because there are still many afraid that once they graduate they cannot find jobs, and they will vote for PAP....

also civil service are still one of the largest employuer in singapore, and many still votes for PAP,,,,,,

so the Malays/Old Folks voting PAP? think for yourselves

Last edited:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I believe that the " higher" the pay grade the higher the price paid for tasteless remarks. The question is whether , her "firing" reflects in any way her pay grade and public position. She was in no way senior management and held to higher accountability, She was at best middle management just one step away from officers and clerks. You and I will know the no of ranks and grades within the a civil service type structure below management with impressive sounding titles and minor responsibilities.

If it was a private company of any sort I suspect this probably would not be an issue. NTUC being NTUC and government dealt with it rather more firmly serving Miss Cheong up as a sacrificial lamb to a suitably outraged malay community

Scroobal we all harbour and make occasional racists statements even with Malay and Indian friends but does an occasional statement a racists make ? I encounter one bad Malay taxi driver , driver , motorcyclist on the road, I vent on Facebook, is it really a fair reflection of my feelings ? Shamunagan noted in his facebook about the socio-economic nature of her comments and this is what I suspect made her comments a lot lot worse. It was not a comment about a noisy wedding or noise pollution, It was a social economic diatribe couched in terms of a cheap skate wedding allowing the Malays to reproduce and create all sorts of social problems.

The larger issue was not about Amy or her comments, the larger issue was the marginalization of a Malay Community struggling to deal with a globalization made worse by the import of cheap labor by a PAP concerned only with growth at all costs. The PAP clamping down on a hundred Amy's or racisim of a more serious nature does nothing for the problems of the Malay Community at large for which they shoulder a large part of the blame.

Locke

A senior banker in a meeting in Sydney cracked a joke about how the Irish pull up their socks by dropping their pants to the ankles. Most people laughed but the guy was dismissed. To most he was sacked for being stupid rather than being racist.

On another occasion, yet another corporate individual was fired because he peed into a fountain at a hotel as a joke. Again we all agreed that it was for his stupidity.

As pointed out, we all carry bias and harbour stereotypes of other races but we know when and where to share those bias comments.

Her comments were not only nasty, it was also extremely venomous. I never ever heard such comments in a private conversation. The drunk Indian, the lazy Malay, calculative Chinese and band playing Eurasians were stereotypes that we all grew up with. Nothing new. I was also raised about all the bad things associated with various dialect groups. The Hakka were the least trusted.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF, the Navy and the Air Force should open up more opportunities to our Malays..

I don't believe in all these LKY crap that the Malay in charge of a machine gun would open fire to his fellow comrades in an event of a war with Malaysia..

I rather have a local born Sinkie Malay together with me in the trench than a new immigrant from India living in Spore for barely 5 years fighting side by side with me..

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said.

SAF, the Navy and the Air Force should open up more opportunities to our Malays..

I don't believe in all these LKY crap that the Malay in charge of a machine gun would open fire to his fellow comrades in an event of a war with Malaysia..

I rather have a local born Sinkie Malay together with me in the trench than a new immigrant from India living in Spore for barely 5 years fighting side by side with me..

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee Hsien Loong was onboard the RSS Stalwart in Wellington today.
He assured and reiterated to all the Malay navy personnel onboard that ..

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">"..an isolated case that does not reflect the strength of race relations in Singapore".

With that reassurance, they have all promised to appeal to NTUC to reinstate Amy Cheang and call her sayang.

Mr Lim Swee Said he will seriously consider the appeal once he receive the petition.

Last edited: