• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Little Nonya

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1305451_2805.jpg

n22268538302_1305452_3403.jpg

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1305540_5268.jpg

pretty joanne - damsel in distress.abused,suffered and go amok! a girl with a sweet face and a golden heart.end in tragedy - damned sad!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1305634_6957.jpg

5000 screaming fans at Compass Point and 1.5 million viewers every night! what a successful hit for a mediacorp serial!!! well done and congratulations!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n546126190_1582279_7604.jpg

...the most successful mediacorp production to date....well done to all the cast,producer,director and script writer....congratulations!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1305544_7109.jpg

Jeanette, Yuwu and Joanne...the good people in the little nonya.Good people always kena bullied, exploited, cheated, abused,conned and shamed....but good will always prevail and evil will always lose in the end....

good acting by jeanette, yuwu and joanne...joanne is the sweetest and the most demure of them all but sad girl kena abused like mad!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1315187_9947.jpg
235.jpg

despite some harsh criticism, i think jeanette aw acted very well. she should be nominated for the best actress. i think we should give encouragement to our own home grown actors and actresses. we cannot compare with other countries. we should be proud of our own production. the little nonya is one of the best - if not the best - mediacorp production so far.

well done jeanette aw! always keep your head high!!!

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n1054090803_269547_2645.jpg

the concluding episodes....jeanette aw acted best - the heroine who saved so many of her previous enemies...she is so forgiving, so magnanimous, so kind and so compassionate with no hatred and with strong principles of righteousness...how not to fall in love with Yue Niang? You tell me...how not to fall in love with Jeanette Aw? She is such an adorable lady!!!And she acted her role extremely well making many viewers shed tears of empathy and joy for her. Well done Jeanette Aw...you don't have to be a Big Sister in Caldecort Hill...you are already a darling in every household in singapore!!! you got my vote for the darling in singapore!!! well done and congrats!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IMG_4834.jpg

tonight will be the last two concluding episodes of the little nonya. sad it has to end - not so happily. i think the script writer is tired and the serial was rushed through. after so many tears and sobs, at least give the viewers the satisfaction of a happy ending lor...instead Yue Niang.....what a disappointment lah....anyway it's still a good tv serial.

and i will always remember jeanette aw....<kiss><kiss><kiss>

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
disappointing ending...yue niang married an angmoh.....the script writer should have thought of some other happier ending....quite disappointed really...

but i think everyone is so tired and so happy that the serial has finally ended...

thank you jeanetter aw, thank you joanne peh, thank you cynthia koh,thank you eeyln kok,apple hong,pan ling ling etc etc etc...

thank you and good luck.hope to get another successful tv serial....happy lunar new year!!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n22268538302_1305604_4433.jpg

SINGAPORE: Fans of "The Little Nyonya" are in for a treat. MediaCorp will air a special three—minute segment closing the final chapter of the story.

The capsule will be shown at 9.55 pm on Channel 8 on January 11.

Star—crossed lovers Yue Niang and Chen Xi will meet again after their separation at the railway track.

Producers of the popular Chinese drama worked on the story just days after the finale of the series on January 5.

The script for the capsule was finalised on January 8 and filming was completed the following day.

The production of such a capsule is a first for Channel 8 and producers said it was due to overwhelming viewer response. — CNA/vm

.....................................................................................................

What is this? I was damned disappointed by the original ending. Now the producer came up with another happier ending after negative feedback from the 1.6 million viewers.Got any more surprises anymore?

In the first place, why Yueniang did not marry the Chen Xi the good man? Why must kena the angmoh Paul??? Damned disappointing.And what happened to Paul when Yueniang was dying? What a messy concluding episode!

Let us see how happy can the ending be this time? Got TV serial like this or not? Re-writing the ending to please the viewers??? Got meh ??? Let us hope this 3 min concluding chapter is not disappointing. Anyway thank you Mediacorps for the memories. And thank you Jeanette Aw. You boleh lah!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The final episode of local drama serial "Little Nyonya" created a glorious viewership record in 15 years, a tell-tale sign of the viewers' loyal support for this drama.

However, it seems that the audience's high hopes resulted in great disappointment. Many viewers expressed their dissatisfaction in the slapdash ending of the drama on Xin.sg's forums.

Some actors in "Little Nyonya" also told Xin.sg that they do not think that was the best ending for the drama; male lead Qi Yuwu felt it was a pity that Chen Xi and Yueniang were not fated to be together.

On Xin.sg's forum, a handful of viewers said that they found the ending haphazard and it did not explain each character's ending. As a 34-episode long-running mega production, the ending happened too quickly and skipped many details.

Jeanette Aw, who played Yueniang, felt that modern viewers generally prefer a happy ending and said she could understand their disappointment. "I think I can accept such an ending. But as a viewer, I understand why people hope for Yueniang and Chen Xi to be together.

However, the context has to be taken into consideration. Yueniang is a traditional and conservative girl in that period. She will not become a third-party, break Chen Xi's marriage or break the (Nyonya) family's faith just because she wanted to be with him.

In addition, there is a sense of guilt towards Yuzhu (who turned senile in the process of helping Yueniang elope with Chen Xi). Having considered the time context and a girl's thoughts then, I can understand why she made that decision," Aw said....

............................................................................................

what a bloody mess after a very disappointing ending. now it's worse!!! what had they done to a beautiful and delightful tv serial!!! this is more disappointing....a 3 min surprise!!! what a bitter and hopeless explanation!!! now the whole serial is completely shitupon!!!