• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The inaccurate Vivian's dossier

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there will be another explanation and it will be so mind blowing but it will have to be accepted...

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
all this fuss about cleaning that has hogged the headlines for months but at the end of the day all sinkie hawker centres are filthy no matter what. :rolleyes:

That's because no amount of cleaning, annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly or daily can change the fact that sinkies eat like pigs.

cs5jpg1359859405944-data.jpg

20120912.085906_tnp_trayreturns.jpg

cleanliness is not the issue.

The issues are very clearly political.

Spore is a backward country in many ways when it comes to sinkie behavior. But many "ang mo" countries are just as bad.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
cleanliness is not the issue.

The issues are very clearly political.

Spore is a backward country in many ways when it comes to sinkie behavior. But many "ang mo" countries are just as bad.

I'm pointing out that lost in all the politicking is the fact that regardless of where the truth lies, the bottom line is that all this cleaning be it spring or annual, does nothing for the person who has to eat amidst the squalor and decaying leftovers. :rolleyes:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought sinkies were getting better in the 90s and things were "improving" as sinkies are learning a bit more culture and graciousness...then after LHL took over, it all went to hell as we started to take 3 steps back to erase that 1 step forward

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The photograph clearly shows that customers wanted to return their trays to the tray return station. But the tray return station is full. So they just left it at the table nearest to the tray return station. What is wrong with this?

The issue isn't just about trays although it contributes to the problem. The issue is about lack of hygiene and practices that are downright dangerous to the health of the individual.

'Utensils are never washed properly,' says hawker centre cleaner

Zul Othman | The New Paper | Tue Nov 20 2012
21422.jpg

Once peak hour hits, cleaners would rather let the cloth be dirty than get yelled at for being slow, says Mrs Lim.

Singapore, November 20, 2012

If there is one thing her job has taught her, it is to avoid hawker food if she can help it.

Mrs Lim is a cleaner at a food centre in the eastern part of Singapore, and she says she cannot abide by the state of cleanliness.
Or lack thereof.

There is hardly enough time to rinse out the cloths they use, which means the same piece of fabric not only wipes off the food scraps from the table and the mess on the trays, it also cleans off bird droppings.

"I've been working as a cleaner for so long, I don't eat at hawker centres any more," says the feisty 65-year-old widow - who has been a cleaner at the hawker centre for the last two years.

Her meals are packed from home.

"Most of the hawkers are always in a rush so the utensils are never washed properly."

"Other times you see bird droppings on tables, it's just not clean enough for me. I'd rather bring food from home to be safe."

To be fair, the cleaners try their best to make sure that their cloths are cleaned as often as possible, but once peak hour hits, they'd rather let the cloth be dirty than get yelled at for being slow.

Mrs Lim has been "disgusted" when customers leave their table in a mess after eating, she confesses. The former production operator started working as a cleaner four years ago.

For $800 a month, she spends eight hours a day cleaning after customers.

The work, she says, is back-breaking. Every day, she scrambles from table to table, clearing used plates and trays as quickly as possible.
Occasionally, she has to deal with rude patrons who complain that she is "too slow".

While initially hesitant to tell her story when approached, the slight woman eventually agreed to speak to The New Paper On Sunday "just to share my experience".

"The job is difficult already, I spend my time here pushing a trailer going from table to table separating the plates from the halal and non-halal stores."

Separating dishes takes time. At her age, that is already a challenge. But to make matters worse, customers litter the entire table with bones and prawn shells.

If someone spills soup on the floor, she is expected to clean it up as well.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Separating dishes takes time. At her age, that is already a challenge. But to make matters worse, customers litter the entire table with bones and prawn shells.

Why is she still working at her age? To you it is obviously not PAP's fault but her children's.

yeah better pray hard that your children dont abandon you in malaysia right?

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lord shiva sir,

I am not counting on prayers. I am working on my own retirement plans. Financial independant. Cannot count on children to support as they will have their own financial committments. (Fuck I am sounding like leongsam).

steady steady poon pi pi

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm pointing out that lost in all the politicking is the fact that regardless of where the truth lies, the bottom line is that all this cleaning be it spring or annual, does nothing for the person who has to eat amidst the squalor and decaying leftovers. :rolleyes:

you are absolutely right.

Thats why 1 never eat at hawker centres.
Filthy food with low grade ingredients.

Once in a while i do patronize really tasty hawker fare; but ill bring my own steel container and take away. It's more environmentally friendly as well.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what is VB doing about dirty dishes? He and his ex-AHPTEC PAP petty officials who were doing the dirty dishes for him?

Finally it's come to light. PAP streetgangs are in grassroots organisations stirring up shit. A hark back to the days when their PAP cadres instigated trade union strikes, bus strikes, and school sit-ins and exam boycotts. So LKY and his boys became good students. But this time, it's the incumbent fixing the insurgent to perpetuate their power.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think PAP would be bothered with this finding. Their intended audiences are people with no interest on this issue. People who wouldn't bother scrutinizing every detail of the dossier. All they need to do is to ask the editors of the newspaper to put up some misleading headlines and readers will pick up the headline messages without even reading the contend. And that how negative perception towards WP is form.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very well said. The PAPzis are clearly operating on the same principles as Josef Goebbels, repeat anything (especially lies) as though they were fact often enough, and your supporters and the apathetic will accept it as such.

This is the reason why I do still post to rebut VB's supporters when I have the time, not because I think this is a matter that should be pursued.

And knowing the WP, while they may say that they don't want to engage the PAPzis anymore, I'm sure they have already gone to the ground to assert their version of events. This was what they did when lies were spread about PEH during the Hougang BE, and I'm sure they're doing it again.

I don't think PAP would be bothered with this finding. Their intended audiences are people with no interest on this issue. People who wouldn't bother scrutinizing every detail of the dossier. All they need to do is to ask the editors of the newspaper to put up some misleading headlines and readers will pick up the headline messages without even reading the contend. And that how negative perception towards WP is form.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dramatically, Temasek Review Emeritus (TRE) published articles alleging Messrs Ng Kok Khim and Jonathan Oh’s PAP affiliations one week and three days before Oh admitted his PAP’s ties in the Straits Times. This is not to fully absolve WP’s part in this saga, but this development and admission by Oh that there was no Hawker’s association despite Vivian’s reference has resulted in an egg to the latter’s face. Even Mr Lee Hsien Loong who joined in the salvo has the same egg in his face.

- http://newasiarepublic.com/?p=40784

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selective reading at its best. You are no better.

If you read the entire dossier (including those provided by WP), NEA informed Pradreep of the clean-up from 4 to 8 March. A 5 days period is given. You mean it doesn't occur to you it's about the annual spring cleaning? If it clashes with WP's intended schedule for it to be in October, why didn't you clarify?

If WP wants to insist they read it as spring cleaning (those done quarterly), why then did Pradreep ask about scaffolding which is the set-up required for ANNUAL spring cleaning in the next email instead?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you read the entire dossier (including those provided by WP), NEA informed Pradreep of the clean-up from 4 to 8 March. A 5 days period is given. You mean it doesn't occur to you it's about the annual spring cleaning? If it clashes with WP's intended schedule for it to be in October, why didn't you clarify?

We have to recognize that everything prior to NEA blasting AHPETC involved nitty gritty details and miscommunication is possible. I for one will never rule out that each side contributed to the miscommunication. We also cannot rule out that apart from the emails, there were some verbal communications as someone picked up the phone and called. Also, we have to bear in mind that NEA is the one that sets the timeline (in this case 5 days) and AHPETC could have clarified but the fact that they did not doesn't absolve the NEA either.

The questions came after NEA blasted AHPETC. Why did NEA blast AHPETC after the meeting was supposed to settle everything? Why did NEA treat their own officer's email like it didn't exist? Why was VB and NEA so busy and eager trying to paint it as a dereliction of duty when the ceiling cleaning was supposed to be October, including inserting the word "annual" the spring cleaning in the dossier? How did Jonathan Oh become "chairman" of a non existent association?

Instead, when their supporters tried to turn it against WP, all they could find was 1. a quotation from a "WP company" that ironically also served 3 other PAP town councils 2. an alleged but unproven statement that Tai tried to get money from hawkers as if he had something to gain from it 3. why LTK did not speak to Tai when he had already stepped down as the TC's chairman and Sylvia and Pritam are the new heads.

Which side has more questions unanswered, I leave it to readers. To me, if WP gave lousy answers and explanations they at least covered every detail whereas PAP gave no answers and simply bypassed some of the black holes and missing pieces.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue isn't just about trays although it contributes to the problem. The issue is about lack of hygiene and practices that are downright dangerous to the health of the individual.

We are just integrating into the NEW sinkapore, a land of opportunity for Ah Tiongs, Ah Nehs and Pinoys. If we can't beat them, we just adopt their 'cultures'.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you mean? Am i not allowed to play the kind of word games others are playing here?

You are a lost cause. After so many years here, you still cannot understand sinkee mentality. Who is playing here? And what word games? You westerners simply bodoh lah. Cannot follow, then simply open mouth and talk nonsense.

I have a point and you know it. Ridiculing me for not blindly supporting a party changes nothing.
What point? You suka suka comment out of context. Your point is POINTLESS lah.
Alamak, why you so short air one? You support PAP, everybody know mah. I no ridicule you. I always give face to you. That's why I respond to your post. I don't swear at you.

And you want to lecture me about democracy....pfff.
You are PAPrised already. You should just go the next step - take up sinkapore citizenship. Then join the PAP and ask to stand for election. Get your wife on board as well and make history - the first husband and wife team. If either of you succeed, sure get into cabinet one. Million of our tax dollars will come your way.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This fucking ridiculous.......

If any cheebye dare to go court and utters those things and prepares a coirt document with those documents like VB did and gets so totally exposed now....he will surely be. Ited for contempmt of coirt and even have a police report filed against him....but this fucking mischeivous clown is walking about freely acting blur....

Wtf is the justice man???

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fucking ridiculous.......

If any cheebye dare to go court and utters those things and prepares a coirt document with those documents like VB did and gets so totally exposed now....he will surely be. Ited for contempmt of coirt and even have a police report filed against him....but this fucking mischeivous clown is walking about freely acting blur....

Wtf is the justice man???

isn't parliamentary session more serious than court?

or parliamentary privilege also means you get to lie?