• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

telemarketeers from banks

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
what phone is that? where to download / install the software?

I still have this gizmo I bought from teleshop 7 years back. Connect in your line, line out to your phone. The bitch is that callers will need to key in a four digit code before the phone will ring! Want to ebay with me?:biggrin:

And by the way, I have a pesky, nagging wife, any software to download or not?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
bro Zeitgeist,

need to consult bro Microsoft on this software issue. i'm quite ignorant when it comes to these phone softwares, i only know how to make a call, receive one and make smses.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Zeitgeist,

need to consult bro Microsoft on this software issue. i'm quite ignorant when it comes to these phone softwares, i only know how to make a call, receive one and make smses.

Was just grabbing arse with you, just felt the humour of how we all are getting to the point of instinctively looking for IT solutions whenever we are stonwalled!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

king13

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm not sure if i'm the only one...

are you guys getting calls from banks asking you to sign up for credit cards and related services, e.g. loans and low interests repayment schemes?

what would you do when you pick up such calls?

tell them you earn 1k per mth or not yet discharged from bankrupt.

dont pick up call from private number

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what phone is that? where to download / install the software?

Using a N85. The sw is Handy Blacklist.It can blacklist private no, no. frm contact, unknown no, recent call or any no u define. Think it only work with symbian phone. No u had blacklist, ur phone wun even ring but u can 6 at the call log... By right mus pay!! But i am a left hander leh... :biggrin::p:biggrin:

Ok did a chk... 5 pvt call block in the last 2 days... :biggrin:

Last edited:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
now mkt bad, many bloodsucking companies pulling off many stunts using telemarketeers. english speaking they use pinoy, mandarin speaking they use PRC. the moment u answer the phone they shoot their script like the micromachine advertisement. hw i know its a script? i hang up, then they call again, and once i answer, they shoot the same script.

sometimes u get calls from;
banks offering c-cards, not 1 but 2 cards.
insurance offering FOC financial consultation
timeshare scam telling u to collect your lucky draw return ticket to zimbabwe

i always use fake foreign accent, tell them i not sinkie

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
tell them you earn 1k per mth or not yet discharged from bankrupt.

dont pick up call from private number

don't pick up calls is one thing, the way these banks are spamming with the annoying smses is another :mad::mad::mad:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you have an acount with a bank,they will have all your details.
so it is not surprising if those telemarketeers from the bank have your details unless you have specify indicate that you do not want any promotion from them.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
if you have an acount with a bank,they will have all your details.
so it is not surprising if those telemarketeers from the bank have your details unless you have specify indicate that you do not want any promotion from them.

hmm... so i guess i should write to these banks telling them i do not want any promotion from them :biggrin:

onegoal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A wee bit unkind, is it not? I'll tell them I'm migrating and on the way to the airport at that very moment!

I tell them i m going to declear bankrupt soon. But i would love to apply.
Ask if Can they help me..........

They will hang up instead! No need to say too much also.