• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

telemarketeers from banks

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i'm not sure if i'm the only one...

are you guys getting calls from banks asking you to sign up for credit cards and related services, e.g. loans and low interests repayment schemes?

what would you do when you pick up such calls?

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received these kind of calls almost everyday and even from banks that I dont have dealing with. Their usually us private number, no number to call back. They will always started with praising you like you are one of the lucky million selected by the bank bla bla bla. Now they use pinoys and indians. The best thing to do is, you ask them to mail the details to you and dont give your email address. Because if they are geunine they should know your email add if not they are just another agent selling products for banks. You will see that they will not call you again and the email will not reach your mail box. Period

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not so much abt Credit card but money line, insurance, investment. This afternoon I received one from Pinoy but slang like ang moh asking me to sign insurance but when I asked to email to my address he said he cant due to this insurance is special?????? I told him I am buying an insurance and yet I cannot know what is the fine line? I hanged up on him. Usually I let him talk because I know how pathetic telemarketeers are. So give chance let him talk but i put on speaker phone and do other things....

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they keep talking after I say I'm not interested, I just hang up on them.

how about kidnappers? the new rage.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they keep talking after I say I'm not interested, I just hang up on them.

A wee bit unkind, is it not? I'll tell them I'm migrating and on the way to the airport at that very moment!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A wee bit unkind, is it not? I'll tell them I'm migrating and on the way to the airport at that very moment!

unkind? i've got a Pinoy wasting my time, costing me my phone bills and refusing to put down despite the fact i've told him repeatedly i'm not interested.

he finally relented and said "thank you" after i told him i do not wish to slam the phone on anyone. :eek:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal

are you guys getting calls from banks asking you to sign up for credit cards and related services, e.g. loans and low interests repayment schemes?

i got a call from citibank recently, asking me about my shop and trying to get me into some kind of scheme, i have no idea what is it so i didnt really bother to understand what the lady is trying to say.

What surprises me is that this shop i have already sold it 7 years ago, dont understand how they still can link it to me and pester me. Must be so desperate until have to dig out some ancient records to find sales.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Singapore ones still ok. Not sure if this had happened to you before or not. I got Telemarketing call from Taiwan (does not sound PRC, sound Southern Taiwanese). Dunno a f**k what they sell. I politely tell them "No" and before I could finish the damn sentence, they replied in a rude manner and then hang up the phone. Kanna twice liao.

Got once, this Taiwanese bitch mistakeningly call me again on the same day, after slaming down the phone on me earlier. KNNB.. I just disconnected my hp when she was talking!

Usually, I am nice to Telemarketers because these people are making a living, althoug some annoy me at times..

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
once they identify themselves, i will hang up..

i will not even bother to listen any of their sales talk.. wasting my time.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
getting more and more of these nuisance calls! they even called my house!!! knn! they are really desperate....buy what at this depressive time!!!

the other nuisance group are people who called you to buy new and special developments!!! special discounts for early birds!!! early birds your head lah!!!

i just tell them: not interested and hang up!

what sort of selling tactic is this? people get fed up!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i enjoy telling them this:

yes i love to apply but i am a bankrupt you see, can I apply ---> they close the conversation faster than I can say "please"

or

oh sure, i will think about it after my appointment at IMH...

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received these kind of calls almost everyday and even from banks that I dont have dealing with. Their usually us private number, no number to call back. They will always started with praising you like you are one of the lucky million selected by the bank bla bla bla. Now they use pinoys and indians. The best thing to do is, you ask them to mail the details to you and dont give your email address. Because if they are geunine they should know your email add if not they are just another agent selling products for banks. You will see that they will not call you again and the email will not reach your mail box. Period

They will know your email address even if tehy are NOT genuine. As far as I am aware staff of institutions sells data bank to vendors for personal gains.

I usually ask such cold callers to hang on, then 3 mins later again to hold on again for another while.........and again and again if he/she is still hanging on.....just to frustrate them. They pay the phone bills.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal

i got 1 v polite guy (sounded like a chinese singaporean) claiming to be from RBS who tried to sell me insurance.
he got me at the right time, cos' i was in a good mood after a nice dinner.

i will go a curt "no thanks, no thanks" + <cut line> on any calls from foreigner-sounding aliens. :biggrin:
cos':
1. waste of time - gonna be one chicken and one half-bred duck.
2. singaporeans need the job more than them.

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal

They can get pretty irritating sometimes, and they like to bug you during office hours. Sometimes, these idiots can't even tell if it's an overseas ringtone, while you're away on business trips.

How do I keep the conversation short:
  • Sorry, I'm in a business meeting now!
  • Sorry, I don't meet the MAS minimum annual income cap
  • Sorry, I'm already a cardholder of your bank
  • Sorry, already taken 1 with another bank
  • Sorry, I'm in the process of migration

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just tell them I am Bankrupt...

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
unkind? i've got a Pinoy wasting my time, costing me my phone bills and refusing to put down despite the fact i've told him repeatedly i'm not interested.

he finally relented and said "thank you" after i told him i do not wish to slam the phone on anyone.

My case worse, since I live overseas, but got a sintel number for business. They call up, it waste my $$$$!

Always ask them where they calling from, tell them to take my name off calling list. They are not calling from banks themselves, but from some telemarketing companies.