• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say Mystery ?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do have a good point, however I do not really have negative views on the 3 'non-endorsed' candidates.

TCB did vote against PAP policies and earned the fury of the Old Man, not many singaporeans dare to do that. The only other was JBJ, he and old man are real enemies and hates each others guts. Ok, he fell into the Communist Conspiracy trap, but at that time, even I was against these so called Communist as all media related stuff painted them badly and there was no internet etc to get alternative views out. Today i doubt the PAP can pull such a stunt again. Agree? Also, LKY is still getting hell of alot of perks, extra security, extra staff, free flights, who is paying for all those?

TKL: Yes he is like a typical average singaporean, etc, but he is Singaporean came from poor family and work his way up. Fought for the minibond holders etc, He is the only applicant to annouce donating his salary. did Prataman do that? Is LKY going to do it? LKY has income+ pension. surely if LKY so loves the country and its people, and to prevent rumors etc, he can give up 70% of his pay right? He can afford it, so why does he not do so since he 'loves' Singapore so much?

TJS: Yes he might not qualify, but he has stood as an SDP candidate, fought an election, have an impressive resume, and to be honest SDP with his thesis, does spell address income inequality and the poor etc. I am totally against Liberal/Social Democrats kind of welfare system. i believe that those who want a job should have a job and not be discriminated against by employers and FTs etc. I am against the PAP coming out with all sort of crap policies designed to enrich themselves and their cronies. Spore should be like the 80s. good growth, many jobs, fair housing prices, Public tpt then was much better than now etc. SDP does have some welfare stuff, but compared to the West, theirs is pretty mild.

We need a President that will be for the people, to bring the office of president the dignity it deserves. Like the past presidents except Prataman. Prataman has made a mockery of the presidency, its time for a change. TT will not be the man to bring dignity to the Presidency .
He will be another Prataman. Also I still remember he did say singapore wages are USD50K, singapore is the most expensive place etc etc, do you want such a man to be president?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Excellent analysis.

There is one part of Jee Say's statement which I am worried for him, he said "The PAP Government has lost its moral compass". Yes, while I also have examples to support his claims, I hope that he will not get into trouble with the legal eagles of the PAP.

Moral-Compass.png

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
the point is not what he thought about pre-GE but about going after the EP so soon after the GE. Everyone save TT is going in to act as a spoiler which is sad because I dont think as an EP, one can do that effectively and not bring about disrepute and acrimony. TJS et all may have good intentions, but I still think that JS would do better to remain in Opposition politics than to aspire to EP when that office is basically a political eunuch. He can do much more forming a new party and pursuing Opp objectives and agenda.

One might think that he is going for EP because (as scroobal said) it doesnt take very much - no deposit, no accounts etc - to pick up the papers and let the Devil take the hind legs.

Which in other words mean that TJS did not think about PE prior to GE.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP split votes !

images

I'm happy to see Jee Say coming out "to skim the cream". You have two bloody PAP dogs competing ? Good, they will split the votes on both sides.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

I am rather curious about you mentioning Sebastian and it seems that you know Sebastian quite well. Care to elaborate? :wink:

I always do my due diligence before I go into "risky ventures". Of course, as the saying goes, there is no permanent enemies or friends in politics.

And what about Nicole's dad?

Goh Meng Seng

No way will Sebastian let that happen. Note that Jeannette and Nicole are hanging around with TJS. No one else from NSP since GMS departure.

GMS found out the hard way about Sebastian. I am sure the lesson is not lost on Nicole's dad or Jeanette. I found Tony and Hazel to lack political acumen but certainly concerned and determined - too straight forward.

Z

Zombie

TCB qualifies as a chairman of a company with $100 Mil issued capital. If he doesn't make it, it would be based on qualitative factors. TJS doesn't meet this criteria.
My guess is that he's doing this so that it would be more difficult for TCB to be not eligible.

I think so.
By joining in, TJS is splitting the Tans into two.. TT&TCB (normal clause) and TKL&TJS (special clause).
Probably only the former will get the certs, unless the committee wants to open the floodgates.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have never liked your statement that there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics. It is a useless statement to make because it literally applies to almost every facet of life, political and non-political.

I find that when politicians make such seeming "pragmatic" statements it is really a face-saving way of having to avoid justifying why relationships fell through or papering over errors in judgment that expose a person's naivete.

Dear Scroobal,

I always do my due diligence before I go into "risky ventures". Of course, as the saying goes, there is no permanent enemies or friends in politics.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Isn't this just basically following what you are advocating here, Thick Face Black Heart! :wink:

Goh Meng seng

I have never liked your statement that there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics. It is a useless statement to make because it literally applies to almost every facet of life, political and non-political.

I find that when politicians make such seeming "pragmatic" statements it is really a face-saving way of having to avoid justifying why relationships fell through or papering over errors in judgment that expose a person's naivete.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
High chance TKL will pull out if TJS is given the COE.

Agree. In fact Tan Jee Say has stronger base for the campaign. I am highly doubtful that he qualifies.

This is no ordinary move. There is something going on. Here is somethingsto ponder.

1. There is no way that TJS qualifies. Boutique fund management is exactly that. There is hardly any capital to lose and within the first few account booking, you would get more than sufficient fund management fee to pay off rentals, and all outgoings with surplus. It is based more on reputation. There is no comparison with $100m capitalisation. There is also no comparison with TKL's background.

2. TJS and TCB are more than acquaintances.

3. I mentioned SDP Sebastian as it's history and its existence has long being questioned because of the nature of politics. Always disapprearing and and appearing just before the elections. It has long being regarded as a proxy of PAP benefactors designed to split votes or to threaten to split votes. The fact that 99.999% of Singaporeans were not aware that the secretary general is merely a spokesperson and has no power in the CEC and the leader is actually the President. The resignation of GMS is not a surprise. Sebastian had showed his colours over the Moulmein and during the press conference is quite evidential.

4. By the way benefactors with or without support or consent of the Party that they support has been part and parcel of politics in all countries. The Chinese Chmaber of Commerce has been a PAP benefactor since 1959. Property developers are another.

5. There is also a possibility that TJS wants a quiet and dignified exit out of SDP. He knows full well that he does not qualify. It also explains why he conveniently mentioned SDP and Chee. To contest he has to resign from SDP.

6. At this stage, not many things seem to connect. To the Govt, both TKL and TJS has to be in play to cancel each other out to be meaningful to TT.

7. TJS ego is quite well known. And he can be quite demanding. I am sure that someone has managed to work on his ego or he is looking for publicity for his next campaign. I don't think the latter's is the case.

what a bunch of senile old men mutally wanking wach other....

Last edited: