• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taman Sutera Utama community

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very likely, the progress for Seed also very slow too.

Please share with us as to where this road is leading to, I am sure many of us are curious to know too.

Quote from "Sutera Harmony" magazine (Aug 2012 Vol 46) page 17
The new road will link Jln Sutera Pulai to the Seed and Sutera Utama Educational Hub which consists of Seri Omega, Kuo Kuang 2 Primary, Pusat Kebajikan KALVARI, Kiwanis Careheart and Matahari School. The new acess road is expected to open by 2013.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks alot! :smile:

The new road will link Jln Sutera Pulai to the Seed and Sutera Utama Educational Hub which consists of Seri Omega, Kuo Kuang 2 Primary, Pusat Kebajikan KALVARI, Kiwanis Careheart and Matahari School. The new acess road is expected to open by 2013.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to have found this 'Taman Sutera Utama community' thread. I have booked a condo unit @ The Seed and looking forward to move into this neighbor too.

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sales lady confirmed what Wufucheng has mentioned. She is not sure whether they are going to extend it further to Perling. The shuttle service is still in discussion.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at getting the key in late Q1 or early Q2, hopefully. Was told that there is a slight delay due to shortage of skilled worker. I suspect that they have mobilized their workers to work on the mall extension. Just look at progress that they have made at the mall. I have always wanted to ask the sales guy on where the road is leading to, always slip out of my mind. Will ask her next week.

A friend of mine made an inquiry on the Impression last week and was told the earliest TOP date is towards June 2013 (which means it'll be even later).
Not sure if what you said is true that workers were deployed to the Sutera Mall Extension, but work progress at the Impression really quite slow and on most working day you only see a few workers on site.
As for the SEEDS, the progress is also very slow, a site photo taken in Jan, in July and now look quite the same without much changes!

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my past 2 visits to the area, construction activities were very active at the Sutera Mall Extension even on weekends. I think their focus to get the new extension up in the shortest possible time so as to bring in revenue quick. I was told me that phase 1 of the Seed project is scheduled to complete on 1st quarter of 2014. Just for your information, all units for phase 1 has just been sold out and they have launched phase 2 last Sunday.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my past 2 visits to the area, construction activities were very active at the Sutera Mall Extension even on weekends. I think their focus to get the new extension up in the shortest possible time so as to bring in revenue quick. I was told me that phase 1 of the Seed project is scheduled to complete on 1st quarter of 2014. Just for your information, all units for phase 1 has just been sold out and they have launched phase 2 last Sunday.

Hi , any idea who are the main bulk of buyers for the Seed ? Buying for own stay or rental ? What is psf price currently , care to share more info . Welcome N Rdgs

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the Sales Rep, some of the buyers are existing residents of Sutera that decide to purchase the Seed as the next home. If I can recall correctly, a Korean has also purchased a unit. Sutera has plans to form a rental team to help investors to find tenants to rent their units. As for me, I have initially registered for Setia Sky Breeze that is to be launched next year. I have changed my mind after visiting Bukit Indah which I feel is too urbanized for my liking.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer the Seed because it is a low density project and hopefully it is less crowded here. As for purpose of purchase, stay-rental-retirement. My 5 storey unit is about RM460 psf. Sorry for my second posting because I am limited to 500 words per posting. Hope it helps.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

The construction of SEED started much earlier that the Sutera Mall Extension but the work progress had lagged way behind giving the impression that SEED is not selling well. If only the work had progressed in the same speed, SEED ph 1 would be at least 80% to 90% completed by now.
Its strange that if the units were all sold, the developer should be too eager to complete and handover the the units ASAP and be fully paid and not otherwise!
Many times, "SOLD OUT" were just commercial gimmicks where in actual fact its not.
Phase 1 is only a small portion of the whole SEED masterplan and even with the completion of this phase, the tenants will be living next to a huge construction site for the next few years and also, whether the club house and swimming pools be ready with this phase or with the 2nd or last phase is still questionable.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer the Seed because it is a low density project and hopefully it is less crowded here. As for purpose of purchase, stay-rental-retirement. My 5 storey unit is about RM460 psf. Sorry for my second posting because I am limited to 500 words per posting. Hope it helps.

Thanks for input , @460psf is reasonable price , shouldnt be a problem for own stay in the long run . As for rental,
I feel that there are lots of completition from Bukit Indah area , hence might not be easy to rent out if demand is not strong enough. Should be a very nice and quiet enviroment but a little futher away from the express way compare to those Setia condo.

Last edited:

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing and I am learning a great deal from this forum. I think whole SEED master plan is indeed big as it consists of both condo units and those low level town houses. The Sales Rep told me the estimated date of completion for Phase 1 and 2 will be completed 2014 and 2015 respectively. It will be written in the S&P.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the banker I spoken to also told me if the developer delays in handing the units to us after the agreed date of completion, they need to compensate us. How true is that I don't know? I am not sure about if Sutera uses the same "SOLD OUT" gimmicks but what I know Phase 2 unit now starts from RM 657,720 which is about RM30,000 more than Phase 1.

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am getting mixed message on the completion schedule as well. When I signed the S&P in Feb, I was told that there was a good chance that the project will be completed end of this year. At that point, it was alomost 35% done. The latest news is that it will likely to be in Jun. The S&P stated that the developer has to complete the project within 24 months after the the agreement is signed.

I would think the developer would like to complete the Impression as soon as possible as it is causing a lot of inconveniences to the existing residents. It could also pose security issues.

A friend of mine made an inquiry on the Impression last week and was told the earliest TOP date is towards June 2013 (which means it'll be even later).
Not sure if what you said is true that workers were deployed to the Sutera Mall Extension, but work progress at the Impression really quite slow and on most working day you only see a few workers on site.
As for the SEEDS, the progress is also very slow, a site photo taken in Jan, in July and now look quite the same without much changes!

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
A colleague of mine paid Rm400K for his unit in the Seed last year. I don't know what is the size of the unit though.

I saw a line that runs diagonally across the master plan that says KTM Reserve. Is this the future light rail or subway line?

Thanks for input , @460psf is reasonable price , shouldnt be a problem for own stay in the long run . As for rental,
I feel that there are lots of completition from Bukit Indah area , hence might not be easy to rent out if demand is not strong enough. Should be a very nice and quiet enviroment but a little futher away from the express way compare to those Setia condo.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am getting mixed message on the completion schedule as well. When I signed the S&P in Feb, I was told that there was a good chance that the project will be completed end of this year. At that point, it was alomost 35% done. The latest news is that it will likely to be in Jun. The S&P stated that the developer has to complete the project within 24 months after the the agreement is signed.

I would think the developer would like to complete the Impression as soon as possible as it is causing a lot of inconveniences to the existing residents. It could also pose security issues.

So what you heard that the Impression's TOP in 06/2013 maybe is right but then again the sales office just say thats the latest schedule available to them now (which means it may be delay again).
So if there a delay, are any means of compensation listed in the sales agreement?
Choosing good and reliable developers is most important cos construction delay are very very common in Malaysia and theres one in Taman Bayu Tebrau that took 11 years to built and to date still not completed!

http://sg.video.search.yahoo.com/vi...Years+Waiting&c=0&sigr=11are2ca0&fr=yfp-t-712

Last edited:

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird, thanks for sharing this youtube video. I can now better appreciate why others keep saying the importance of good developer. Hope to see there is backup plan from Tanah Sutera to catch up with the loss time should there be a delay in date of completion.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they have too many projects ongoing, inspired, impression, casania (and the park), seed, mall.

After "Impression", should have one more phase (I think another 2 more rows of terraces) before the entire phase 13 completed. Also not forgetting the shop houses along the main road.

I believe the dust, inconveniences and security issues should be around for quite sometime.