• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suddenly have the urge for fried kway teows!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Outram fried kway teow is over-rated ( located at Hong Lim)

Hillstreet fried kway teow has reopened ( it's located at Bedok South hawker centre)

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit of a long shot but anyone knows where i can find the non-sweet fried kway teow, the type they fry with salty soy sauce, last time i ate that was in the 1970s i think, it's the Cantonese style & hence you can still find it in some parts of KL or Malaysia. I think it goes by the Cantonese name chow kwai tiu, i remember it was very smokey & the wok hei was powderful:biggrin: Crystal Jade does the beef hofun version of this but not exactly hawker prices! Thanks.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A bit of a long shot but anyone knows where i can find the non-sweet fried kway teow

try Bedok Reservoir road Pasar Makan, one CKT stall facing 香记 kway perng. no wok hei exactly but he serves good non-sweet CKT, ask for more garlic :smile::smile::smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somehow I feel that for CKT in the past, one can differentiate the taste of individual ingredients, the garlic, the hum, the bean sprouts, the lard, the egg etc. Not so nowadays, everything seems to be just part of the mix. Any bro here shares the same observation?

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should have a bucket list of ckt stalls to try before we die. Most of these shops are no more.

Outram road - Done!
Newton circus - Done!
Hill Street - Done!
Peoples Park - Done!
Kallang Airport - Done!
Desker Road (one with giant prawns and abalone) - Done!

In the past, CKT are fried with lots of tow gay, water is sprinkled to keep them moist, one plate at a time. The one at Kallang airport does that but am not able to taste the difference. For me, CKT is just an excuse to eat fried lard and cockles.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
pai seh pai seh, too long never go there, just update a bit. the chicken rice stall is on second of the four rows, the CKT stall is on third :smile::smile::smile:

OK thanks Bro ZhiHau for the update, if it's not good I'll go to Bedok Reservoir & jump in:biggrin: