• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suddenly have the urge for fried kway teows!

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite kway teow spots.

Where did the famous Margaret drive market kway teow uncle go?

Is the handicapped kway teow uncle still cooking at Leetarbar's favourite hawker center?

Hillstreet maybe?

Where else? hehe..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hillstreet reopen liao.......but now must queue unlike previously sit around and wait to be summoned.......

Old airport road got a few..........with the so called voted best in sg......laofuzi there...but i personally prefer DONG JI

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite kway teow spots.

Where did the famous Margaret drive market kway teow uncle go?

Is the handicapped kway teow uncle still cooking at Leetarbar's favourite hawker center?

Hillstreet maybe?

Where else? hehe..

sorry, that's not my favorite hawker centre. the old margaret drive ckt was overrated. the taste was just so-so but the serving was generous. can't imagine i couldn't finish a plate of that ckt.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are many reputatable ckt stalls but gahmen keeps re-locating them until many ve lost track of them

in honglin hc, u can find the old OUTRAM CKT located at one remote corner. u can't miss it. there is always a long queue.

my favorite one used to be at the demolished HIGH ST HC. the trademark of this particular ckt was the hawker's spatula which was fried until the blade reduced to much smaller size. heard that it has since shifted to a kopitiam in bedok.

another ex-high st ckt can be found in CHINATOWN HC. again, it's located at a remote corner. this one fries the kuay teow with added chives. his ckt has a generous toppings of cockerels or see-hums, chives, sliced lupcheong n fishcake.

it's fried with bits of freshly deep-fried pork lards that give ckt the OOPMH! also, the intensity of the flame and frying tactic invoked a "wok hei" - a special flavor for a good quality ckt.

try it. no regret at $3 a plate only.

DIE DIE MUST TRY!

Last edited:

essen

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are many reputatable ckt stalls but gahmen keeps re-locating them until many ve lost track of them

another ex-high st ckt can be found in CHINATOWN HC. again, it's located at a remote corner. this one fries the kuay teow with added chives. his ckt has a generous toppings of cockerels or see-hums, chives, sliced lupcheong n fishcake.

it's fried with bits of freshly deep-fried pork lards that give ckt the OOPMH! also, the intensity of the flame and frying tactic invoked a "wok hei" - a special flavor for a good quality ckt.

try it. no regret at $3 a plate only.

DIE DIE MUST TRY!

what's the name of the stall? tomolow must go try :biggrin:

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this one below is the old lakeview char kway teow.

Lai Heng Fried Kway Teow** * *
Shunfu Food Centre #02-20
320 Shunfu Road
Closed on Mondays*

its really nice...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's the name of the stall? tomolow must go try :biggrin:

Was it the Fatty stall, used to be from Lavender Street? Not so oily, a little wet with chives, garlic, some unknown ingredients added on top of the dish, very unique way of cooking and presentation.

essen

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one below is the old lakeview char kway teow.

Lai Heng Fried Kway Teow** * *
Shunfu Food Centre #02-20
320 Shunfu Road
Closed on Mondays*

its really nice...

So tis where they moved to...
U know where the braised duck from the old lakwview move to?

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
..a generous toppings of cockerels or see-hums, chives, sliced lupcheong n fishcake.

it should be cockles, cockerels = rooster, male chicken leh :biggrin:

it's fried with bits of freshly deep-fried pork lards that give ckt the OOPMH! also, the intensity of the flame and frying tactic invoked a "wok hei" - a special flavor for a good quality ckt. try it. no regret at $3 a plate only. DIE DIE MUST TRY!

Thanks, i will try it, always love unhealthy food once in a while, makes life worth living:wink: