• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suddenly have the urge for fried kway teows!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I feel that for CKT in the past, one can differentiate the taste of individual ingredients, the garlic, the hum, the bean sprouts, the lard, the egg etc. Not so nowadays, everything seems to be just part of the mix. Any bro here shares the same observation?

I agree, i think if they take time to fry it & not drown everything in sweet soy sauce, you'll be able to taste much more of each ingredient. I remember when i was a kid, it took the uncle around 5mins to fry each portion from scratch & he didn't like doing large portions, i remember he told his son not to overload the wok with ckt. The Cantonese version to achieve the wok hei is the same, it needs to be fried for longer time & keep tossing, not scrapping the wok!