• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop insulting Islam to avoid untoward incidents, says minister

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stop insulting Islam to avoid untoward incidents, says minister

Bernama
-
June 30, 2022 10:56 PM

Masjid-Negara-Bernama.jpg
Religious affairs minister Idris Ahmad said matters on Islam could become sensitive. (Bernama pic)
KUALA LUMPUR: Religious affairs minister Idris Ahmad has reminded certain quarters to stop insulting Islam as it can become very sensitive.

He expressed concern that such provocations could lead to untoward incidents.

“I would like to send a reminder that matters on Islam can be sensitive. I would like to remind those who insult Islam, especially those who reside in this country, to stop the insults. We live peacefully with each other, you can pray your way, and we, ours.

“Because there is this worry… Malay Muslims cannot be separated from their religion. If their religion, their prophet is insulted, they will react. This, we do not want. And that is why, we must show respect, and do not resort to insults.

“We do not insult your religion, and you do not insult ours,” he said when appearing as a guest on Bernama TV’s Ruang Bicara programme tonight.

Idris was asked about the actions of a group of foreigners who had gathered in Batu Caves to express their support for the Hindu Samachar movement as well as the actions of a politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Nupur Sharma, who had made insulting statements about Prophet Muhammad early this month.

On the abuse of social media, Idris urged content producers to pay more attention to ethical and moral values in their videos before uploading them.

“For Muslims, what we do will be judged when we die. As for non-Muslims, all religions do not allow us to do things that go against moral and ethical values, and this should serve as a guide in our lives.

“And let’s not use social media to carry out character assassination just to earn money through the number of views,” he said.

Idris said he had instructed agencies such as the Islamic development department (Jakim) to produce more short videos with the concept of “dakwah” and those containing moral messages beneficial to the community.

“Those are the efforts we have embarked on. Besides this, if there are things that are morally wrong, I would usually contact the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission to take action,” he said

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck this mother's cheebye.

This is not an insult if you know what I mean, it's the same as Eat your lunch!?