• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STOP hating Lee Kuan Yew so much!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well. You never know.
Probably he's partying every night now that wife not around.
Maybe that's why he look so weak nowadays.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2.bro, not even "cecila sue" can get the old dick up leh.
3. its only companion, the freak woman/man thing.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love Lee Kuan Yew. He is the Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi of Singapore.

Had NM and MG both been Singaporeans, they would have languished into Sentosa or Changi Hotel,key thrown away and never to see light again, courtesy of the Old Man. Don't you love a leader who's able to make hard decisions for the common good of the nation?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The level of hate Singaporeans have for Lee Kuan Yew is simply amazing. People are wishing LKY died, or complaining he was an inferior leader. Sure LKY may have done some really ugly and traitorous things like destroying other Chinese dialects and cultures and enforcing everyone to speak Mandarin only. But let's not forget that it was under his rule that Singapore turned into an "First World" Asian Tiger, sure youmay argue back he was not entirely responsible for changing Singapore, or he was only one of the pieces that changed Singapore, but he was still the core that made the changes happened. I'm not denying the fact that many other Singaporean figures contributed significantly, however the contribution by Lee Kuan Yew should not be denied.

Hey Dude, get with the times.... We hate him because he is the cause of the problems Singapore and many Singaporeans face. The GLC dilemma, Foreign Trash, Over heated property market, Inflation, etc. He failed in his latter years and he has been asleep for the past 20 years and Singapore is declining because of him.

He failed Singapore and Singaporeans. He might have did good in the past with the PAP old guard. But past performance is no indicator for present and future performance. He has failed and he is the cause and he is thus hated by many especially the younger generations because he deserved to be hated and cursed. So wake up and smell the stench which is now Singapore.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont hate him. I respect his achievements and what he has done for his country. However, as a human being with a functioning brain, I also dont see everything in black and white. I don't agree with some of his policies and or the methods used to achieve it. Finally, in my opinion, he has passed his sell by date by staying on for too long....

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The koban system was meant to build up relations with the local community with policemen walking the beat and learning their areas so they can leverage local knowledge to resolve potential conflicts and solve crimes efficiently. Unfortunately, it also meant that they needed to maintain quite a large force strength which became anathema in the early 1990's when the whole emphasis was on costs and it became difficult for the SPF leadership to justify increasing its manpower budget when crime rates were low, etc.

Moreover, the civil service had lost the pension scheme. Without the perceived life-time stability of retirement and health benefits, a career in the police force for the lay person with a diploma or normal degree became very unattractive. And then you have the scholars - even as some had noted that the ones assigned to SPF weren't that good. Imagine the demoralization and demotivational effect that this had on the rank and file who have kept relatively honest and walked the beat for decades not only in the police force but in the service. "Farmers and scholars" indeed.

Concise post. Upz......

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Sacrifice Yourself ?

I don't hate him. I love him to death.

fp_s15.jpg

At least, we know we have a volunteer to bury himself with the Emeritus in Shang style. What about the viking's style ? Thank goodness ! It really makes me wonder, hmmm ...

sweden_viking_funeral.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
上了贼船

If you meet him face to face and see him eyes to eyes, his worry is obviously not about money. His worry is about whether his son has the tenacity to carry on.

He has no choice. Why ? 上了贼船。One wrong step, he will be arrested or find himself fleeing to another country to take refuge. PAP will splinter and maybe even dissolved forcefully.

ashurnasirpal_p148_b690.jpg