• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STOP hating Lee Kuan Yew so much!

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love Lee Kuan Yew. He is the Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi of Singapore.

Harry never went to jail , how to compare with Mandela and Gandhi ? :rolleyes:
South Africa and India is way too big for Harry's plate.
You gotta work hard to get your 100 reputation points.
Fastest way : Give Sam Leong a good head
:biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
I wish him long life and become PM again. Under him as PM, Jayakumar as MHA simply rubber stamped what he ordered and our police force was one of the most efficient and respected in the world. Even a constable or corporal commanded such respect to be addressed sir by the public and ranks were achieved through field merit. GCT and WKS screwed it up bad and LHL can't fix it. Now even any Tom, Dick and Harry wear sergeant or inspector rank like two stripes a penny and two pips a dollar. And, now they call the public sir instead of the public calling them sir. Police get beaten up by criminals instead of beating up criminals. WTF?!

Who changed it? I thought it was also the Old Man who changed it to be like the Japanese neighborhood police?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who changed it? I thought it was also the Old Man who changed it to be like the Japanese neighborhood police?

They were all conned by Booz, Allen & Hamilton consultancy firm that simply presented the Japanese koban system and collected there multi-million-dollar fee.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Sure LKY may have done some really ugly and traitorous things like destroying other Chinese dialects and cultures and enforcing everyone to speak Mandarin only.>

The truth hurts, "hard tooth", Chinese dialects, which was our heritage was destroyed; nothing wrong in having Manadarin as a common language; but destroying dialects, is not taritorous, ugly thing to many people. The other thing would be Nantah, the common people( Chinese), through their blood, sweat, & tears donated money to build that too. Were you born during those times?

LKY will have his place in HIS story ( histor), we don't hate me, me don't; it is just, one hate to love him, love to hate him.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
>Sure LKY may have done some really ugly and traitorous things like destroying other Chinese dialects and cultures and enforcing everyone to speak Mandarin only.>

Can you please use the proper quote function.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were all conned by Booz, Allen & Hamilton consultancy firm that simply presented the Japanese koban system and collected there multi-million-dollar fee.

The koban system was meant to build up relations with the local community with policemen walking the beat and learning their areas so they can leverage local knowledge to resolve potential conflicts and solve crimes efficiently. Unfortunately, it also meant that they needed to maintain quite a large force strength which became anathema in the early 1990's when the whole emphasis was on costs and it became difficult for the SPF leadership to justify increasing its manpower budget when crime rates were low, etc.

Moreover, the civil service had lost the pension scheme. Without the perceived life-time stability of retirement and health benefits, a career in the police force for the lay person with a diploma or normal degree became very unattractive. And then you have the scholars - even as some had noted that the ones assigned to SPF weren't that good. Imagine the demoralization and demotivational effect that this had on the rank and file who have kept relatively honest and walked the beat for decades not only in the police force but in the service. "Farmers and scholars" indeed.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only a small fraction of online citizen that hates him, the majority or I should say 85% of Singaporean are very grateful to him. The rest of 15% haters will miss him after he is gone for good

yeah yeah.
i hope this 85% will demand for a month long public holiday on that fateful day. and close down all entertainment for a year.
i love holiday, the more the merrier.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ok, noted, got lazy, just copy & paste!

You can still copy and paste and then simply select the text and click on the "quote" icon. It's the last one on the top row of icons.

This will automatically enclose the txt in "quote" tags.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of someone who will give a treat upon LKY's departure. More like a party even.

He says the blame lies squarely on LKY for meddling with the system so much until it does not work for the citizens anymore. Also he failed to institute a system that will outlast him.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
His wife died and he feels lonely now. So I hope he quickly die so he can accompany her :wink: We are kind hearted Singaporeans!

YOU ARE EVIL! YOU ARE PREVENTING LKY TO RE-UNITE WITH HIS WIFE!! KNN. :biggrin::biggrin::

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's only a small fraction of online citizen that hates him, the majority or I should say 85% of Singaporean are very grateful to him. The rest of 15% haters will miss him after he is gone for good

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. two words: naive & daft.
3. no wonder there are countless of sheep to be led.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal

ALL OF YOU PEASANTS MUST RESPECT MY FATHER-IN-LAW. HE IS NUMBER 1 FATHER-IN-LAW. I HOPE HE DIES SOON SO HE COULD JOIN MY MOTHER-IN-LAW

HixQG.jpg

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
His wife died and he feels lonely now. So I hope he quickly die so he can accompany her :wink: We are kind hearted Singaporeans!

YOU ARE EVIL! YOU ARE PREVENTING LKY TO RE-UNITE WITH HIS WIFE!! KNN. :biggrin::biggrin::

Well. You never know.
Probably he's partying every night now that wife not around.
Maybe that's why he look so weak nowadays.